Cabin changes once onboard

COPZWIFE

I will be traveling with my husband, daughter(18) and her friend(16).  I am looking at 2 cabins on Deck 8 of the Horizon that are spaced 7 cabins apart.   The girls obviously want to room together and I read on Carnivals site that the requirement is that because her friend is 16 she must be only 3 cabins down from the parent or guardian.  My question is how strict is Carnival with that policy.  We would book 2 cabins, each with one adult and one child but then would we be able to go to Guest Services once onboard to change keycards?  Or are they going to say No because the cabin separation is more than 3 apart?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by COPZWIFE

Might want to check to the cabins muster locations if possible....I have a similar scenario booked on the Horizon in June. When I paid off the cruise and printed boarding passes I noticed they had two different muster drills.....not cool...I do not want my family separated in the extreme chance of an emergency. I called carnival and they said they can not switch locations. Now I am looking to move our interior cabin. we are only four cabins apart but must be on the division line