First time cruiser and some questions

We are first time cruisers on Mariner of the Seas this August.  We chose a 3 day cruise to see if we like it.  We are a family of 6 and have 2 interior cabins booked side by side.  I have a couple of questions about the cruise planner and Coco Cay.  When I log into my cruise planner I do not know where to see the dining time that I chose when I booked.  I am 99% positive I chose the early time but when I log onto the website I can't see anything about the dining times.  Also at Coco Cay can we bring our own tubes?  I was thinking about picking up some cheap tubes that I can deflate and bring back for our pool.  I have a ton of other things that I am unsure about but the cruise planner thing is the most confusing for me.  I booked everything online myself. 

Thank you so much for all the great help you give on the boards.  

Kathe

So nothing is listed for dining does that mean that we do not have a dining time assigned to us at this time?  I am 99% positive that I chose the early dining but maybe I did not.  Does that mean we will be assigned a late dining time?  Just trying to figure things out.  I am not sure the kids will even eat in the dining room with us as we are sailing with another family and they may just go to the buffet. 

Nope nothing listed so I will have to look for my email from Royal when I purchased the cruises.  It is not that big of a deal.  I am just having a hard time planning for this cruise.  I am usually so well planned out but I feel very lost with the cruise.  Thank you for your assistance.

6 minutes ago, mkrr1123 said:

Nope nothing listed so I will have to look for my email from Royal when I purchased the cruises.  It is not that big of a deal.  I am just having a hard time planning for this cruise.  I am usually so well planned out but I feel very lost with the cruise.  Thank you for your assistance.

A phone call will get your answer rather quickly.

866-562-7625

Edited by boscobeans
24 minutes ago, mkrr1123 said:

It's at the bottom of the first section in your emailed receipt.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and hope you really enjoy your first cruise experience! Be careful though; cruising can be addictive! Posted below is an attachment to the informal roll calls for the Mariner. Click on the link below, find your specific cruise week, and chat with your fellow cruisers, who'll be on the Mariner the same week as you! I saw 2 different dates in August, so, hopefully, one of them is your week! Cheers!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/179-mariner-of-the-seas-roll-calls/

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

A 3 day cruise is not really a good example of whether or not cruising is for you. You will tend to get more people that are there to party hearty.

That's an interesting opinion.

I would say that not everyone holds that opinion.  😎

5 hours ago, mkrr1123 said:

So nothing is listed for dining does that mean that we do not have a dining time assigned to us at this time?  I am 99% positive that I chose the early dining but maybe I did not.  Does that mean we will be assigned a late dining time?  Just trying to figure things out.  I am not sure the kids will even eat in the dining room with us as we are sailing with another family and they may just go to the buffet. 

I had to go in to the cruise planner to the dining section and add a time for my time dining for each night of our cruise. I actually had to do one night at a time and take which times were available for all 7 nights.

@1025cruise I am on the Navigator for a 3 night Bahamas in September. I may be in the minority but I'm traveling solo and not looking to "party hearty" ☺️ I have a 7 day cruise in January and just needed a quick getaway to tide me over.

@mkrr1123 Have a blast! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are some really friendly, knowledgeable folks here at CC.

8 hours ago, mkrr1123 said:

Hopefully, you got a "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" sent to you. In the Guest Information section, you should see a Dining row. That will show you your dining choice. I couldn't find our upcoming dining time in the calendar either.

For a first cruise I don't know if it matters how many days it is. You may feel yourself resisting the disembarking process. If you do, you'll need to book another cruise, and maybe one with more days. Cruising can be habit forming. :classic_tongue: Have fun!!! 

So my sons asked me to ask this question - they want to know if there are pick up games of basketball and do the courts ever close? 

Being that we are a family of 6, but 3 of the kids are now adults (21, 20, and 18) and the youngest is 16.  We are hoping that we like cruising and can meet up on some as they get jobs and move away.

7 minutes ago, mkrr1123 said:

So my sons asked me to ask this question - they want to know if there are pick up games of basketball and do the courts ever close? 

Being that we are a family of 6, but 3 of the kids are now adults (21, 20, and 18) and the youngest is 16.  We are hoping that we like cruising and can meet up on some as they get jobs and move away.

Pick up games can happen, for sure. I've seen the courts open pretty late. There are lots of things to do on these ships.

You may want to consider joining the roll call for this sailing. You can get some good ideas and make connections before you go.

Back to your dining question - if you are able to make a MyTime reservation then you have that option and can eat when you want.  Try making one and if it works, you can cancel or modify it.  The nice thing about MyTime is that you can eat when you want or make reservations for particular times.