Cruise Critic Community
Despegue

Exit Elisabeth Falkner??

The last Culinary Council menu has all mention of Elisabeth Falkner removed, with her dishes either replaced by ones from other members or (desserts) her name omitted.

please see Kazu’s fantastic live blog on Prinsendam for the menu and compare with the former ones.

Did Ms. Falkner quit the council?

I am not an avid fan of her dishes, except the (now also disappeared) Finocchio Pizza .

There has been several members of the council that have left on their own, been asked to leave, and 1 died.

They don't stay on for life.

Posted (edited)

For a minute I thought you were talking about Tina Faulkner, the wife of former HAL cruise director, now future cruise consultant Tom Faulkner. She is also a FCC

Edited by Copper10-8

I have been very underwhelmed by most of the offerings of the Celebrity Chefs.  Some of Chef Rudi's creations are an exception.  Some are interesting and I enjoy them.  Some:  I wonder, what was he thinking?  Rudi's Sel de Mar is a winner in my opinion, however.  My dinner at Sel de Mar on Nieuw Statendam rivals the best I have enjoyed on any ship.  

Culinary Council meals are to avoided whenever possible.  Totally overrated (by themselves) and underwhelming (to us).  Even Rudi's creations over-promise and under-deliver.  It is impossible to get a first rate dining experience when ingredients are predominantly frozen.

She had several (well at least two) dishes on the menu on the first Gala night on our current TAlt. I didn't note whether they were the ones we chose, but since we share a first name, I did notice she was listed. 

The second Gala night we ate in the Lido, as maximum cruise laziness was in effect, and I couldn't even get dr'spin to change his shirt! Passed up rack of lamb 😞 but they did have the no-added-sugar Linzer torte in the Lido, much to my surprise. 

I did not realize anyone paid any attention to the chefs. I order whatever sounds best on the menu, never bothered to read any info about the culinary council. The chefs all annoy me by stacking food, maybe fish on top of grits with a couple of green beans on top of that with a sprig of something else. I like my food served side by side on a plate.

6 hours ago, whogo said:

I did not realize anyone paid any attention to the chefs. I order whatever sounds best on the menu, never bothered to read any info about the culinary council. The chefs all annoy me by stacking food, maybe fish on top of grits with a couple of green beans on top of that with a sprig of something else. I like my food served side by side on a plate.

I completely agree. I know the concept is so that you have everything in one bite but I can easily do that if the food is side by side on the plate. Also,  if one of the food items isn't very good,  if it's stacked it taints all the rest of the food. 

6 hours ago, whogo said:

The chefs all annoy me by stacking food, maybe fish on top of grits with a couple of green beans on top of that with a sprig of something else. I like my food served side by side on a plate.

Oh, how much I agree with you!!!!!