Vibe pass fraud

mrobstad

Well if they're selling out that quickly at $200 per person then look out because you know NCL will be raising it again soon...

I see $250 in the very near future.

As long as there's people willing to pay it then NCL will keep on increasing the price.

If you ask me...$200 for a Vibe pass is ridiculous but I also think many other NCL fees are also ridiculous yet people still sail on NCL so...

Edited by DaCruiseBug

7 hours ago, richg35 said:

I'm assuming this is just some stranger you met, not someone you are good friends with. People make up all kinds of things to sound more important than they are.

That was my thought as well, especially since I'd assume the individual in question has some practice at bluffing 🙂.

If true, I understand the business motivations behind it, but do agree NCL should be straightforward about the how passes are doled out.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, mrobstad said:

I’m a platinum Latitudes member who recently traveled on the Bliss.  I arrived at port at 8 am and went to the preferred boarding area in order to be first on the ship to buy a Vibe pass. It appeared disabled cruisers and their large families boarded beforehand, and then I boarded and headed right to the area to buy a Vibe pass.  Unfortunately, the passes were sold out. 

I wrote and complained and received a curt reply stating passes were first come, first serve.

Last week, I spoke to a Bliss passenger I had met years ago.  He was “comped “ the cruise for two (he gambles) and he told NCL he would only go on the free cruise if they held two Vibe passes for him in Guest Relations.  NCL complied. 

Ive cruised NCL over ten times, typically as a solo paying 150%, and paid for all my cruises, followed all the correct procedures that should have insured I was able to buy a Vibe pass, but NCL fraudulently holds passes for preferred guests, so I’m done with NCL .  

Actually you did everything to ensure you had the best chance to get a vibe pass.  There is no way to ensure you will get one and I have no idea why one would insure a vibe pass.  Anyway, there is nothing even slightly fraudulent about what you describe.  Sounds more like sour grapes over not getting a pass.  So now you are "done with NCL" because you did not get to pay $200 for a Vibe pass.  LOL :O

6 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Well if they're selling out that quickly at $200 per person then look out because you know NCL will be raising it again soon...

I see $250 in the very near future.

As long as there's people willing to pay it then NCL will keep on increasing the price.

If you ask me...$200 for a Vibe pass is ridiculous but I also think many other NCL fees are also ridiculous yet people still sail on NCL so...

I totally agree it is a waste of money and I would never consider it, but if people are willing to pay that price or even more it is all about business and making money. This has nothing to do with people continuing to sail on NCL  Obviously there are a lot of cruisers out there that feel the price is worth it. You can blame NCL for raising prices on items we have no choice but to fork out the money for, but something like a Vibe pass is strictly an extra that some people choose to buy. 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

I totally agree it is a waste of money and I would never consider it, but if people are willing to pay that price or even more it is all about business and making money. This has nothing to do with people continuing to sail on NCL  Obviously there are a lot of cruisers out there that feel the price is worth it. You can blame NCL for raising prices on items we have no choice but to fork out the money for, but something like a Vibe pass is strictly an extra that some people choose to buy. 

I agree, in fact NCL would be failing in their fiduciary duty to share holders if they did not raise prices to what the market dictates.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

It's also possible that the "gambler" lied to you just to make himself seem more important.

This!

The gambler's story sounds fabricated, or at least greatly exaggerated. With the way that NCL behaves these days, I seriously doubt that one person's (even a high roller) threat of abandoning the line would have any effect at all.

I’m having a hard time understanding the fraud claim, too.

Someone tried to buy Vibe passes.  It was sold out.  Someone said they were able to have them reserved.  I think we all know this is, at best, a dubious claim.  So, all of a sudden it’s fraud?  

The way I see it....someone wanted VIBE tix.  Tried to get to Headliners (that’s where they’re sold) before they sold out.  Couldn’t get there in time.  Tickets are gone.  Everything else, all the other claims,  are just noise to the story.

I am shocked over the price NCL is charging for Vibe now.  When we sailed Getaway in 2016, then Breakaway and Epic after that, the price was $99!  No way am I going to spend $200 pp for Vibe if I sail any of the newer ships in the future!

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m having a hard time understanding the fraud claim, too.

Someone tried to buy Vibe passes.  It was sold out.  Someone said they were able to have them reserved.  I think we all know this is, at best, a dubious claim.  So, all of a sudden it’s fraud?  

The way I see it....someone wanted VIBE tix.  Tried to get to Headliners (that’s where they’re sold) before they sold out.  Couldn’t get there in time.  Tickets are gone.  Everything else, all the other claims,  are just noise to the story.

Well during frustration we all say words in the heat of the moment, it helps release the badness of the situation.  fraud -  well if i get this right, the guy thought for sure he did everything right to get the vibe (what ever that is) and he still did not get the vibe.  So (not saying ncl did this) if one thought a product was offered and he did everything right, and then did not get the product one would yell FRAUD.  It appears though  (in this case) that scarcity of the goods provided was the real culprit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pe4all said:

I am shocked over the price NCL is charging for Vibe now.  When we sailed Getaway in 2016, then Breakaway and Epic after that, the price was $99!  No way am I going to spend $200 pp for Vibe if I sail any of the newer ships in the future!

Why are you shocked? NCL is in the business to make a profit, the more the better. The Vibe has been a hot seller since 2013 on the BA. The keep raising the price and people still scramble to get passes.  Vibe is now twice the price it was 6 years ago. I'm shocked at Concert and Sporting event ticket prices. They have gone up in percentage a lot more than Vibe passes.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, pe4all said:

No way am I going to spend $200 pp for Vibe if I sail any of the newer ships in the future!

Even if 1/2 of the usual VIBE customers decide to not pay the higher price, the other 1/2 will make up the difference. If NCL raised the price to $1K, they only need to sell 8 and they will make more than when the price was $99.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been fortunate to get the Vibe passes each time we have tried, we have had to make sure to aim directly to Headliners/Guest Services but were never "those people" that run and push to get there, the weirdest thing about it is with all the people going crazy to get the passes there is never more than about 10 other people there and normally it is the same people each time. The only thing I can imagine is multiple Haven guests go ahead and just get the Vibe just so they have access but never actually use it.

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

Well during frustration we all say words in the heat of the moment, it helps release the badness of the situation.  fraud -  well if i get this right, the guy thought for sure he did everything right to get the vibe (what ever that is) and he still did not get the vibe.  So (not saying ncl did this) if one thought a product was offered and he did everything right, and then did not get the product one would yell FRAUD.  It appears though  (in this case) that scarcity of the goods provided was the real culprit.

I certaily understand the OP being upset by not being able to get a pass.  What I don't understand is accusing a company of committing a criminal act, without any proof, other than them not getting a pass, because they were sold out, as well as taking the word of a stranger who said something that no one has ever heard happing before. 

BTW, if I did everything possible to get somethng and they were out by the time I arrived, I wouldn't yell fraud, I would just think that someone else got there before me.  And I don't think most people would call fraud under the OP's circumstances either.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Im the Haven guest who always buys Vibe passes.    There are no children in Vibe while the Haven pool is overwhelmed.    But at $200 each, for the last several cruises I've been on with terrible weather, I'd have to pass.

My problem with the whole thing is the handicapped people and their families getting priority to the Vibe passes over Platinum.   I have no problem with handicapped families boarding first, taking their time and not getting run over but I don't think they should be allowed to cut the line for a handicap family privilege for the coveted Vibe passes.   

• Like 2

Get a life people. Chill, enjoy the cruise and stop paying more and more for what really should be open areas for everyone. I can see cruise ships going back to the days of first ,second and steerage class.

12 hours ago, GirlWriter said:

This!

The gambler's story sounds fabricated, or at least greatly exaggerated. With the way that NCL behaves these days, I seriously doubt that one person's (even a high roller) threat of abandoning the line would have any effect at all.

Agree 100%.  You're cutting your nose off to spite your face.  They don't care.  They will be happy to show you the door.  I'd consider a different line like HAL or even Oceania/Regeant/Azamarra/Princess for their different experiences.  We sailed HAL, and purchased an amazing Cabana on board for the 5 days we were aboard, and it was far superior to Vibe.  Fret not, the price will go up soon, and chances will improve albeit slightly in securing one.  

I liken this to the airlines.  You're a mid teir high end frequent flyer member passenger, you're on a highly desired flight, with other Frequent Flyer members with equal or higher tier.  There's 10 seats open in First.  You check in early, list for a pay per upgrade standby for the upgrade from Main Cabin to First, and all 10 seats in 1st go to higher tier members, and you were number 11.  Better luck next time.  It's exactly the same. Would you go to BrandX and start from zero on their FF program? No, probably not! Hang in there, you're Vibe day will come.

7 minutes ago, Firebhoy said:

Get a life people. Chill, enjoy the cruise and stop paying more and more for what really should be open areas for everyone. I can see cruise ships going back to the days of first ,second and steerage class.

It's already pretty much here:

MSC- Yacht Club/Aurea/Bella - Three Tiers of 'experience'.  

• Like 2