Jump to content

Norwegian to stop towel animals😪


Recommended Posts

It seems there is a new housekeeping policy. I am on the Getaway now. It is day three and I have not met or even seen my steward. She is doing a great job, just invisibly. No introduction, no towel animals. I haven’t seen a single steward in the halls. It is just very different from my past cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

It seems there is a new housekeeping policy. I am on the Getaway now. It is day three and I have not met or even seen my steward. She is doing a great job, just invisibly. No introduction, no towel animals. I haven’t seen a single steward in the halls. It is just very different from my past cruises.

Nice we love stewards like that, I hate my named being called while being half way down the hall because a  hard working room steward is told they have to use my name and ask me about my day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just of the Jade and got a towel animal each night without ever asking.  Thinking more of it being a ship by ship thing as to weather you get them or not.  They even did the towel folding demonstration the last day in the atrium. 

215A96A1-D468-4D7B-BF45-CD3152D7BDE2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Newleno said:

Nice we love stewards like that, I hate my named being called while being half way down the hall because a  hard working room steward is told they have to use my name and ask me about my day.

Nooo, I do like a bit of interaction with the steward.  Makes you feel special, even if it is what they have been told to do, most seem to enjoy a little chat too, or at least in the past, and more especially on Norwegian than others I have been on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cruslvr81 said:

Just of the Jade and got a towel animal each night without ever asking.  Thinking more of it being a ship by ship thing as to weather you get them or not.  They even did the towel folding demonstration the last day in the atrium. 

215A96A1-D468-4D7B-BF45-CD3152D7BDE2.jpeg

love the way you have them stacked together. They almost look alive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no official position on towel animals.  I am always curious and this decision interests me.  Is NCL trying to get housekeeping to be more efficient and the workers blamed the amount of time making towel animals?  Or did NCL suddenly throw each house keeping working 8 more cabins to clean while reducing staff and costs and the only way to accomplish this was taking towel animals out of the equation.

I guess I am looking at it from the perspective of the worker and not the cruiser.  It worries me a bit if cut backs in staff created this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...