Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
deeg

Is sailing out of Stockholm as scenic as sailing in?

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not sure if the route changes based upon direction 

Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time of day might have some bearing on the scenery but the sail through the archipelago in either direction is fantastic.

 

My upcoming cruise with Regal Princess has had the port changed from Stockholm to Nynashamn and I am very p...d off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  We sailed out of Stockholm around 5pm.  The scenery was fantastic!

 

2.  We cruised in mid-July.  The weather was phenomenal!  We had no rainy days.  The temperatures were mild-to-warm.  Just like Mary Poppins—“Practically Perfect in Every Way”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you 

I’m looking forward to the sail away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It will be the same way for the sail out as for the sail in. Most ships will use the northern route past
Tjärven, Furusund, Oxdjupet (very narrow passage between two coastal forts).

Edited by Desdichado62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In July we hit a heat wave in the 90’s.  Was especially bad in SPB.  They forgot to air condition the Hermitage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the sail in and sail out are the same - gorgeous! The difference is the quality of natural light - one is early morning on one late afternoon/early evening. Something to consider if you are into photography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather can be anything. It can be sunny, cloudy or rainy. It can be warm or cool or cold. It can be windy. 

So come prepared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I donot know where you will embark/disembark, so I will only give you the max temperatures in "Baltic cruise Ports" we experienced in July 2014 (in Fahrenheit as you live in NY) : Kopenhagen partly sunny 68, Warnemünde partly sunny 71, Tallinn clear 66, St Petersburg sunny 68 2nd day: 57, Helsinki partly sunny 76, Stockholm partly sunny 54, 2nd day rain and 69, Arhus a bit rainy 73.   This year I will pack for warm, nice, cold, windy and rainy days (layers…..). I now see Sinppu advises the same 😉 Wish you a fantastic trip to all those nice ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

Of course I donot know where you will embark/disembark, so I will only give you the max temperatures in "Baltic cruise Ports" we experienced in July 2014 (in Fahrenheit as you live in NY) : Kopenhagen partly sunny 68, Warnemünde partly sunny 71, Tallinn clear 66, St Petersburg sunny 68 2nd day: 57, Helsinki partly sunny 76, Stockholm partly sunny 54, 2nd day rain and 69, Arhus a bit rainy 73.   This year I will pack for warm, nice, cold, windy and rainy days (layers…..). I now see Sinppu advises the same 😉 Wish you a fantastic trip to all those nice ports.

 

You forgot snow. It actually snowed in the Stockholm area during the night between
Thursday and Friday earlier this week.

Edited by Desdichado62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

 

You forgot snow. It actually snowed in the Stockholm area during the night between
Thursday and Friday earlier this week.

 

We had some hail today, but Deegs's question was:  "Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug?"  Do you really think they have to carry snowboots next summer months? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MAVIP said:

 

We had some hail today, but Deegs's question was:  "Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug?"  Do you really think they have to carry snowboots next summer months? 😉

 

Well probably not in the middle of the summer unless you count hail as snow. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always remember laying on a sunbed at the back of the ship,on a sailaway in June,watching Stockholm disappearing in the distance.Unique experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone 

packing should be fun lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deeg said:

Thank you everyone 

packing should be fun lol

And a laundry package on board is too 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...