Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool 14+ Day question

willie53

We will be going on a 35 day and have a couple questions about the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool 14+ Day.

1. If we sign up for the Thermal Suite will it be for all 35 days since the title says 14+ day?

2. When we were trying to sign up for the Thermal Suite online it asked for a time during the day. Does that mean you can only use the thermal suite at that time and if so are you limited to the time you spend in the Thermal Suite?

3. Are there any discounts for 4 star mariners?

Not sure about 1. I've never done a cruise that long, but on the 14 day and under, the pass is for the whole cruise. 

2. The time of day thing is just the HAL computer system being stupid. I think they used dining (which does require a specific time) as a template for reserving the thermal pass. Just pick any time to keep the system happy, and you will be able to use the thermal suite any time, just as you would if you bought the pass on board. 

3. No. Wish there were, but no discount here.

I have been wondering the same thing. We are going on a 17 day. I did purchase it from the HAL website but the purchase only says 14-day coupon. I am hoping it will be good for the whole time.

8 hours ago, AnnieBelle said:

Can you book single days in the thermal pool?

Not in advance. I buy the full pass, so I've never tried to buy a single day. Supposedly, there is a limit on the number of passes they sell, although I haven't heard of anyone being told "too late, we're sold out." But availability of a day pass depends on how many full passes they've sold. Your best bet is to ask when you get on board. 

We did have a friend who was told that the trip long passes were sold out. We had gone directly to the spa to buy them when we boarded.  She waited until evening.  It was one of the smaller ships, Rotterdam, I think. 

20 hours ago, dundeene said:

We did have a friend who was told that the trip long passes were sold out. We had gone directly to the spa to buy them when we boarded.  She waited until evening.  It was one of the smaller ships, Rotterdam, I think. 

Thanks for posting this information.  Your friend's unfortunate experience reinforces my recommendation, and practice, of making a visit to the Spa to purchase the cruise long pass a priority on Embarkation Day.  I will do this before I have lunch.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting this information.  Your friend's unfortunate experience reinforces my recommendation, and practice, of making a visit to the Spa to purchase the cruise long pass a priority on Embarkation Day.  I will do this before I have lunch.

I will risk going after lunch, but not later than that. The farthest down the list I've ever been is about 8th. I don't know what the maximum number is.

30 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I will risk going after lunch, but not later than that. The farthest down the list I've ever been is about 8th. I don't know what the maximum number is.

I think that time frame ought to be OK.  On some cruises, I have seen the discount offer for the Thermal Suite/Pool package extend into the 2nd day of the cruise at least.  Probably depends upon the cruise, I guess.