Cruise Critic Community
luckyfriday

Paris-Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile (Viking)

Viking has us booked here for our post cruise.  It looks like it’s pretty far from the center of the city.  I’m thinking of looking into if they offer an alternative hotel, but wondering how that affects transfers,etc.   Has anyone stayed here or ever asked to change hotels?

FYI someone on another threat said they stayed at the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower Hotel  but that was a pre-cruise.

I have seen posts that Viking sometimes changes the hotel, but never that they offered the passengers a choice of hotel. 

Viking booked us at the same hotel post cruise this coming September 2019. 

Hi JDM.   The hotel was actually very nice.  While the  rooms are on the small side,( as they all seem to be in Paris) it was very comfortable and clean.  My concern before we got there was the location, wondering if it was too far from everything. But, it worked out fine for us.  We could walk to the Arc de Triomphe in about 10 minutes or so.   It’s also a short walk to the Metro, and figuring which trains to take to get where you wanted to go was very easy.  We could see the Eiffel Tower from our room, others in our group did not get that view, but they were happy with what they could see of the city from theirs. 

The Viking contact at the hotel was very helpful and will give you a metro map which tells you which line to use to get to your destination. 

There are some good restaurants around the hotel too. 

I hope this helps!

I stayed at this hotel for a week-long conference fairly recently. It’s a nice modern hotel in a very safe area.; I walked around every night, down to the Champs-Elysee, etc.  You’ll enjoy it!