Catholic Church in Savusavu

Hoping someone can help - have also asked this in the Pacific Islands board but figured it was worth asking here as a lot of Aussies/Kiwis travel to Fiji. 

I’m doing a Fiji cruise with friends later this year. We will be in Savusavu on a Sunday and one friend would like to be able to attend Mass if at all possible. Google suggests there is a Catholic Church in Savusavu, but I can’t find anything else. Can anyone confirm if this is correct - and details like where the church is, what times services are held, are non-locals welcome to attend, etc? 

Thanks 

Laura 

Thanks Gut - does indeed appear to be Catholic - but unfortunately looks to be in Suva. I’m sure it won’t be the end of the world if there isn’t one, but I know (insofar as an atheist can anyway) how important her faith is to her, so will continue searching. 

My only suggestion is to email an Australian couple who live in Savusavu. They run a dive/snorkelling company called Rock'n Downunder. You would be able to get their contact details on the internet. From memory, the owner's name is Kathy. It is a few years since I last saw her so I hope my memory about her name is correct. I am sure they would be happy to give you the information you want. By the way, they run a great snorkelling trip.

Usually Google Maps shows places of worship when you zoom in far enough. Unfortunately it isn't showing anything in Savusavu and from what I recall of the town it's very small. It may have a small local church, or a hall where services are held, but that may not be Catholic denomination.  

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Usually Google Maps shows places of worship when you zoom in far enough. Unfortunately it isn't showing anything in Savusavu and from what I recall of the town it's very small. It may have a small local church, or a hall where services are held, but that may not be Catholic denomination.  

Yes, that’s my memory of the place too. I’ve sent a message to the people Aus Traveller suggested and waiting to see if they respond. Someone on another forum said there IS a church (St Bede’s) but I can’t find much info on it. At least looks like the one Gut mentioned has weekday mass - which may be an option for my friend. 

I also had a look on Google maps but could not see any Catholic church. There was one LDS (Latter Day Saints) and also a mission of unknown denomination. I think I recall reading of a Catholic church on and island somewhere there but I can't recall it's name.