Cruise Critic Community
K9Sixtwo

Explorer of the Seas recent reviews, do RCI read them?

Going on Explorer of the seas soon, and I have to say the recent reviews are not exaclty glowing a real mixed bag.
So my question is this, do Royal Caribbean read these reviews and act on them ? 
I'm wondering if the crew have been on a long while and are tired and due a break, how often do they rotate crews, from the captain down? 
It worries me with the amount i'm paying and the reviews saying "it's all a bit of an understaffed effort"

RC is more likely to get their feedback on specific ships from the post-cruise surveys.

It has been my experience most reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt. If I took heed to most of them I would never want to cruise. But, I believe vacation is what you make it. It's more of a state of mind than anything else. It takes quite a bit to upset me while I'm on a cruise or any other vacation for that matter. I choose to see my glass 1/2 full. I keep my eye on the donut not the hole.😉 Maybe I'm just lucky but, I've never encountered a bad cruise. Some have been FANTASTIC & out of this world. While others have been just plain old fun. But, I don't go into vacation expecting perfection nor do I look for things I don't like. I realize life happens. People have bad days. Maintenance problems happen. As long as people try to resolve the issues, I don't let it upset me. I could be home working! In all of my cruises (over 30) I can count on one hand any people or issues that bothered me enough to address them. Go & enjoy! Just keep things in perspective!😉 JMHO Happy cruising!

Thanks Razorback..... I think that's the reality check I needed...Getting to hung up on these reviews..

3 hours ago, K9Sixtwo said:

Going on Explorer of the seas soon, and I have to say the recent reviews are not exaclty glowing a real mixed bag.
So my question is this, do Royal Caribbean read these reviews and act on them ? 
I'm wondering if the crew have been on a long while and are tired and due a break, how often do they rotate crews, from the captain down? 
It worries me with the amount i'm paying and the reviews saying "it's all a bit of an understaffed effort"

I was on the Explorer in October '18 for a Transpacific from Seattle to Sydney and it was one of the BEST Royal cruises I have taken (26 and counting) The food in the main Dining room was top notch;all plating, preparation and quality. Windjammer food was also delicious and they did try to vary the choices (My cruise was a 21 nights!). Service was good and the ship looked great considering her age. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again!

3 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

It has been my experience most reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt. If I took heed to most of them I would never want to cruise. But, I believe vacation is what you make it. It's more of a state of mind than anything else. It takes quite a bit to upset me while I'm on a cruise or any other vacation for that matter. I choose to see my glass 1/2 full. I keep my eye on the donut not the hole.😉 Maybe I'm just lucky but, I've never encountered a bad cruise. Some have been FANTASTIC & out of this world. While others have been just plain old fun. But, I don't go into vacation expecting perfection nor do I look for things I don't like. I realize life happens. People have bad days. Maintenance problems happen. As long as people try to resolve the issues, I don't let it upset me. I could be home working! In all of my cruises (over 30) I can count on one hand any people or issues that bothered me enough to address them. Go & enjoy! Just keep things in perspective!😉 JMHO Happy cruising!

image.png.66f395b88ef8ff0e9d2ad9e584394a58.png

Posted (edited)

To answer your question yes the cruise lines read CruiseCritic. A few years ago we were told this by one of the officers. We almost canceled a cruise on Celebrity Edge because so many of the reviews here we're not that great. So glad we didn't, was best cruise ever,😁

Edited by lovrccl

Some people will always moan. As has been said, it will be as good as you choose to make it.

I was on Explorer in 2011 and am looking forward to reacquainting myself with this fine ship in July.

We would never book a cruise line, ship or itinerary based on someones experiences, opinions positive or negative.  

Posted (edited)

Many of my friends are on her at the moment, bringing her from Dubai back to England... they say the food is the best they have ever had on a RCI ship ( and trust me, these are experienced cruisers!).  I wouldn’t be concerned. 

I’ll be on her on Tuesday. If anything is amiss I’ll let you know...

Edited by little britain

5 hours ago, K9Sixtwo said:

Thanks Razorback..... I think that's the reality check I needed...Getting to hung up on these reviews..

We were on the explorer in December and we absolutely loved it .

The cruise before and after was on ovation, give me explorer or voyager any day.

We were on the final trip before Explorer left Sydney for this repositioning and got off on 29 March. We had a fantastic time. The crew were brilliant and some will be getting off once they arrive in Southampton. We didn't have one bad meal wherever we ate from the MDR to Windjammer or any of the specialty restaurants. Drinks were amazing and definitely not watered down whatsoever. Everywhere I went and looked the ship was very clean and the cleaning was constant. I wouldn't be taking too much notice of what others say. You will decide for yourself.