Cruise Critic Community
mommao729

Hotel close to I95 between st. Augustine and melbourne

We are driving from Myrtle beach to Miami for a cruise in September. Looking for a halfway point hotel. Trying to find something close to i95 with things to do. 

Besides daytona, is there any hotels close to 95 by cocoa beach? Or do we have to stay on the beach. 

Want to get around 7 hours off driving the first day so we don’t have a long drive the next day to Miami. 

Exit 191 (north Melbourne/ Viera) has the most hotels right off I-95. Their is a brand new Fairfield Inn...also Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, and remodeled La Quinta. There is a ton of restaraunts and Walmart and Target for last minute items.

We've had a few later (7 pm) departures from Miami and have found we can save money by getting a hotel well outside of Miami and driving a couple of hours on the morning of embarkation. The first time we stayed at an arbnb in Sebastian, FL and this past February we stayed here: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/palm-bay/mlbpf/hoteldetail 
It was a newer hotel, right off I-95 with plenty of restaurants (near the intracoastal if you so choose) and CVS & Walgreen's nearby. The rooms/hotel were nice and prices very reasonable. Expect a 2.5 - 3 hour drive to Miami in the morning

Precisely how far do you wish to drive each day?

"Halfway point" between Myrtle Beach and Miami would be just over the Florida border.

Melbourne is three-quarters of the way (about 540 miles) but is about right for a second day's morning drive (about 175 miles) with a strict deadline that afternoon, giving you enough margin in case of a delay that day.

"Seven hours of driving that first day" will best case put you at Daytona Beach. From there it is four hours to Miami if no delays, so I would want to be on the road by 7:30 to have any chance to be on the ship by lunchtime. 

You also have to allow for time to park upon arrival. I take it you have decided to park at the port given that you realized what you were asking for on your previous thread--a downtown Miami hotel with an inexpensive stay-park-cruise rate for a single room that holds six adults--was some serious pie-in-the-sky.

We are driving from Myrtle beach to Miami for a cruise in September. Looking for a halfway point hotel. Trying to find something close to i95 with things to do. 

Exit 191 (north Melbourne/ Viera) has the most hotels right off I-95. Their is a brand new Fairfield Inn...also Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, and remodeled La Quinta. There is a ton of restaraunts and Walmart and Target for last minute items.

I agree .... actually MOST exits on you route will have a hotel and a place to eat, AND there other exits with a LOT of options

but exit 191, while maybe a lil less in the hotel options has a bit MORE in the food options

OR cut over to the beach when you get to SR-528 and find some GREAT food . . .. like

https://heidelbergcocoabeach.com/