Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I have cruised 91 cruises so far, and what I don't care about RC is the fact that when I go back on the Freedom or the Oasis class ships, or any class for that matter, the ships look identical.  I want to continue cruising on RC but I tend to cruise other cruise lines just so that I feel like I am on a different ship and see different decor.  I have no idea why they don't change the colors of the carpeting from ship to ship..... something so that we have a feeling of being on a different ship and looking at something different. 

 

I also only dine at specialty restaurants nightly but I am so sick of the same old menu items.   If I go to 150 Central Park specialty restaurant, for years they give you the same carrots and broccolini and nothing on the menu ever changes!  😱. At least they can change the vegetables, that is very easy for them to do, but its the same old thing over and over, to a point I no longer will go to the specialty restaurants.  Anybody feel the same and would like to see changes on the menus?

 

Anybody feel that way also?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For every person that feels the way you do there will be a somebody who would post how they can’t believe they didn’t have carrots and brocollini  

 

At the end of the day it’s all about consistency for the cruise lines.  They would rather have a consistently average experience everyone  then a inconsistent back and forth between great and horrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going on Anthem next month and I am excited because Quantum class seems to look very different than Oasis- or Freedom-class ships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with that many cruises under your belt the best way to probably find those differences is to sail on another line, like you stated.  But it is hard to not come back to Royal. :)  I for one am not tired yet with only 5 cruises so far but I hope we can get to that point one day!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So move to a different line. If they're not going to fit what you want or need, another one may...but only one way to find out. And not that you touched on this, but a lot of people do - don't feel the need to be loyal to RC, because they would never be loyal to you. Variety is the spice of life.

 

Also, I love broccolini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I have cruised 91 cruises so far, and what I don't care about RC is the fact that when I go back on the Freedom or the Oasis class ships, or any class for that matter, the ships look identical.  I want to continue cruising on RC but I tend to cruise other cruise lines just so that I feel like I am on a different ship and see different decor.  I have no idea why they don't change the colors of the carpeting from ship to ship..... something so that we have a feeling of being on a different ship and looking at something different. 

 

I also only dine at specialty restaurants nightly but I am so sick of the same old menu items.   If I go to 150 Central Park specialty restaurant, for years they give you the same carrots and broccolini and nothing on the menu ever changes!  😱. At least they can change the vegetables, that is very easy for them to do, but its the same old thing over and over, to a point I no longer will go to the specialty restaurants.  Anybody feel the same and would like to see changes on the menus?

 

Anybody feel that way also?

 

 

We got back on Independence after her refit last May and the ship looked lovely but the cabins weren't refitted which was disappointing.

Personally I would eat lescargots then steak every night so menu doesn't bother me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The average cruiser doesn’t cruise  90+ times so likely doesn’t notice if the carpet on one RCCL ship is the same as another RCCL ship. They may cruise once a year, or once every few years and likely don’t recall the menu in any of the dining venues.   They might not  be sick of the dining room menu or dine in speciality restaurants every night. 

 

We spend lots of time with newer cruisers on board. We have access to lounges or special dining venues but often have a drink at a bar and eat in the MDR. I love  to listen to the excitement of a first time cruiser, or the person who is proud that they are on their 4th cruise.    

 

Your issuers are likely not a concern or problem to most cruisers out there. 

 

Enjoy. 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just the decor, but it would be nice to see different colors on each ship.  I do go on other cruise lines, but always come back to RC.  NCL is horrible, Carnival well is Carnival but I am most looking forward to their new ship coming out late next year, I feel its going to blow away the Oasis class ships.  Princess is great also but we prefer to cruise mostly out of Port Canaveral and Princess doesn't use that port.  Its much easier to drive to Port Canaveral than to fly to south Florida, I now live in northern Florida.  I do like variety, the reason why next month we are taking the Carnival Breeze, then come back for the next 2-3 cruises to RC.  

 

I just don't see how Changing the vegetables would make the meal inconsistant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have cruised over a dozen times.  We don't mind the decor.  In fact, it makes it easier if you get on a different ship because we still feel at home.

 

However, the food gets to us.  We used to think that living on a cruise ship would be amazing, but the food gets really old.  It used to not bother us until after 7 days, but now I find it really limiting even after day 4 or 5.  We did a 14 day on Princess to Hawaii several years ago and couldn't wait to just get a normal cheeseburger in port.  It's not just Royal.  I think selection has a lot to do with it for us.  And yes, I understand that feeding as many passengers as they do they cannot allow for a huge selection.  That being said, we keep going back :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your feelings.  We felt the same way about Disney after only 6 cruises (they only have 4 ships).  We just started w RC so we have more variety of ships to try out before we have the ‘same old same old’ feeling again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Princess is great also but we prefer to cruise mostly out of Port Canaveral and Princess doesn't use that port.  Its much easier to drive to Port Canaveral than to fly to south Florida, I now live in northern Florida.  I do like variety, the reason why next month we are taking the Carnival Breeze, then come back for the next 2-3 cruises to RC.  

 

Perhaps you could try sailing from other parts of the world?

You seem to be sailing similar itineraries from Florida yet wanting change?

 

 Ships out of Asia and Australia definitely serve different vegetables 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such problems! I would love to have cruised so many times that I am tired of the color of the carpet. And how much variety in food can there be? There are only so many vegetables to choose from😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love RC but I kind of agree with you.  I wish they would change out the menu's at least once a year.  I feel that Specialty dining has really declined and I am sick of Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Pizza and Curry in the Windjammer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of us could only dream of having your problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

So move to a different line. If they're not going to fit what you want or need, another one may...but only one way to find out. And not that you touched on this, but a lot of people do - don't feel the need to be loyal to RC, because they would never be loyal to you. Variety is the spice of life.

 

Also, I love broccolini.

Royal is loyal to those who are loyal to Royal. Their loyalty program is a good example of how Royal treats their frequent cruisers.

Edited by coffeebean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, iamcsm said:

We have cruised over a dozen times.  We don't mind the decor.  In fact, it makes it easier if you get on a different ship because we still feel at home.

 

However, the food gets to us.  We used to think that living on a cruise ship would be amazing, but the food gets really old.  It used to not bother us until after 7 days, but now I find it really limiting even after day 4 or 5.  We did a 14 day on Princess to Hawaii several years ago and couldn't wait to just get a normal cheeseburger in port.  It's not just Royal.  I think selection has a lot to do with it for us.  And yes, I understand that feeding as many passengers as they do they cannot allow for a huge selection.  That being said, we keep going back :).

My culinary repertoire can not compare with all the the variety we can get on a cruise ship. We never tire of the food offered on a cruise ship. We do dine in specialty restaurants quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

My culinary repertoire can not compare with all the the variety we can get on a cruise ship. We never tire of the food offered on a cruise ship. We do dine in specialty restaurants quite a bit.

 

I travel for a living, I know loyalty. I've been loyal to American Airlines/OneWorld for 12 years and have reached their highest level each year. Same with Hilton. They take care of me. BUT, if they started offering a product that I wasn't a fan of or differed from what I wanted, I would have no hesitancy switching nor would AA or Hilton miss me a whole lot. The traveler needs to take care of themselves first, and in OP's case the best way to take care of themselves is to move on to something different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My culinary repertoire can not compare with all the the variety we can get on a cruise ship. We never tire of the food offered on a cruise ship. We do dine in specialty restaurants quite a bit.

 

I know, right? We have about 5 meals at home that we rotate through and 3 or 4 varieties of vegetables. I have seen the menus in the MDR and I'm pretty sure I will find something amazing to eat😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried Azamara? Your RCI loyalty status would transfer (up to Diamond) as it would on Celebrity.  I'm at 70+ cruises and I cruise on lots of different lines.  Mostly now I'm on Celebrity, then RCI, then Princess but I've sailed on several others. Each line has their own feel and personality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move on, you do not want to be bored or tired of the sameness on a vacation. Different cruise lines, land trips, river trips. 

It's sinful to be bored on a vacation. 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We have been on 117 cruises, most on Royal and we never get tired of it.  We cruise on the same ship many times since we do a lot of 3 night cruises.  I find the artwork, etc is different from ship to ship.  Carpet is carpet for me.  I don't cook a variety of foods at home, so what is offered on the ship is WAY more variety for my husband than anything choices he gets at home-lol.  I eat pretty much veggies/salads/soups so the menu choices are just fine for me

Edited by karena1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have cruised 10 times.  Every time a different RC ship, with the exception of the Liberty, which I will board for the 3rd time this June. I can't tell you what color the carpet is or what color the decor is. I can tell you I have wonderful memories with my family and friends, and new friends that I've made onboard. It's about the experience and the memories for me. That being said, I am always tired of ship food by the end of the week. But that just isn't a priority for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If vegetables are a major concern why not just ask for a side of cauliflower or another vegetable.  I’ve always found the specialty restaurants very accommodating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...