Cruise Critic Community
George C

Msc cruises ten percent discount

We booked MSc yacht club a few months ago for our November cruise , they match status so I became black card which gives us a 5 percent discount. Then found out then veterans get a ten percent discount sent my dd214 to travel agent and got a ten percent discount. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:34 PM, George C said:

We booked MSc yacht club a few months ago for our November cruise , they match status so I became black card which gives us a 5 percent discount. Then found out then veterans get a ten percent discount sent my dd214 to travel agent and got a ten percent discount. 

So did you get the %5 and %10 discount or just the higher amount?

We are also black card match people and military.  TIA

Wow, thanks for sharing. I had about given up on any of the cruise lines offering anything at all. We will be Diamond before long so we will wait to get that status “match” and maybe give them a go!

On 6/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, GUEST71919 said:

Wow, thanks for sharing. I had about given up on any of the cruise lines offering anything at all. We will be Diamond before long so we will wait to get that status “match” and maybe give them a go!

If you are referring to discounts for military, the only cruiselines that offer on-board credit for any former military person (whether active duty, retired, or only veteran (with 2 yrs serv. or 6 mos. in a combat zone)) then the only lines that offer that are Princess, P&O and Cunard.

Tom

Posted (edited)

Hi George - such good news on the discount! Would you tell me what you matched to get Black? I had seen posts suggesting there were no more status matches to Black, but instead MSC was offering Gold for both RCCL Diamond/Diamond Plus, but your post gives me some hope.

Edited by AlohaLivin

3 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Hi George - such good news on the discount! Would you tell me what you matched to get Black? I had seen posts suggesting there were no more status matches to Black, but instead MSC was offering Gold for both RCCL Diamond/Diamond Plus, but your post gives me some hope.

I did get black card last year because of diamond, but from what I read this year there now giving gold for diamond or diamond plus, from what I saw there is not much difference between black and gold for benefits , I should have gotten wife black but she just submitted her doc showing diamond plus and she most likely will get gold.

35 minutes ago, George C said:

I did get black card last year because of diamond, but from what I read this year there now giving gold for diamond or diamond plus, from what I saw there is not much difference between black and gold for benefits , I should have gotten wife black but she just submitted her doc showing diamond plus and she most likely will get gold.

Glad you managed to snag one before they got stingy! Their website still shows that they offer “...to black” but they likely kept that in for whatever rare occasion that they offer it now. Too bad they don’t look a the cumulative status of an individual (like mid/high status of multiple accounts). But with the military discount we are definitely ahead of the game. Always thankful for companies like Disney, MSC, MGM, and Caesar’s that really make such an effort for military members and retirees.

We just booked our 10 year anniversary cruise on MSC in the Yacht Club and saved over $600 with my military discount! This will be the first time we cruise in June and our first time on MSC. I am so excited (and shocked!). 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

If you are referring to discounts for military, the only cruiselines that offer on-board credit for any former military person (whether active duty, retired, or only veteran (with 2 yrs serv. or 6 mos. in a combat zone)) then the only lines that offer that are Princess, P&O and Cunard.

Tom

Carnival also offers OBC for military.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, HELENPSL said:

Carnival also offers OBC for military.

I don't believe you are correct. I just went to the Carnival website to check and found nothing there about on-board credit for veterans. I did find a bit of information on reduced fares for some Carnival cruises for military active-duty and retired military (both US and Canadian) and for veterans also but no mention at all of on-board credit. A search for "military cruise deals" gave me  page that showed what cruises were available for the reduced fare but there it said only that active & retired US & Canadian military were eligible and made no mention of veterans who were not active or retired. When I clicked on a link entitled "Terms & Conditions" it just led me to a page that stated "The web page you are looking for could not be found. Sometimes these things happen. Please check the address and try again."

If you have any information that does show that Carnival actually does provide OBC to any veterans I'd be glad to see it. Otherwise, I stand by my original statement that Princess, Cunard & P&O are the only 3. As far as reduced fares, Holland America does offer some price reductions on some cruises I believe.

Tom

23 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

I don't believe you are correct. I just went to the Carnival website to check and found nothing there about on-board credit for veterans. I did find a bit of information on reduced fares for some Carnival cruises for military active-duty and retired military (both US and Canadian) and for veterans also but no mention at all of on-board credit. A search for "military cruise deals" gave me  page that showed what cruises were available for the reduced fare but there it said only that active & retired US & Canadian military were eligible and made no mention of veterans who were not active or retired. When I clicked on a link entitled "Terms & Conditions" it just led me to a page that stated "The web page you are looking for could not be found. Sometimes these things happen. Please check the address and try again."

If you have any information that does show that Carnival actually does provide OBC to any veterans I'd be glad to see it. Otherwise, I stand by my original statement that Princess, Cunard & P&O are the only 3. As far as reduced fares, Holland America does offer some price reductions on some cruises I believe.

Tom

I may be confused now that you mention it.  I know that I had to send Carnival his DD-214 and they may have given him a discount on the fare.  It's been a while.  I may be confusing it with shareholder credit for the stock.  As for HAL, my understanding is that they only give a discount for active duty military.  My partner is retired military and he gets nothing from them.  Sorry for the confusion.

Helen

Helen