Cruise Critic Community

Anyone know the best  site for a 12 year old to track a RC ship?  My grandson is big into geography and would like to be able to watch the Allure when we are on it in mid-May.

16 minutes ago, Sailawaybarb said:

Anyone know the best  site for a 12 year old to track a RC ship?  My grandson is big into geography and would like to be able to watch the Allure when we are on it in mid-May.

Also marinetraffic.com

I was 12 once too , I would rather be on the ship ☺

I love Geography too and on my cruise I love tuning into the moving map channel or sitting up in the Schooner Bar watching it on the TV. 

I have the Marine app for my phone to track the cruise for the inbound cruise to see when I can take photos of it docking. 

6 hours ago, travelplus said:

I love Geography too and on my cruise I love tuning into the moving map channel or sitting up in the Schooner Bar watching it on the TV. 

I have the Marine app for my phone to track the cruise for the inbound cruise to see when I can take photos of it docking. 

The sky bar above pool bar can watch the geography go buy and the bird life ☺

While onboard I like to track the ship on maps.me (downloadable maps of ports too) using gps on my phone.

On one cruise we were heading west along the north shore of Cuba and I was watching for us to turn south at the west end toward Costa Maya as we ate dinner. But we didn't.  We kept going west.  I spoke aloud of this saying "I think something's up. We've been going an hour too far west from Cuba."  Sure enough, the captain came on to announce we were heading toward Cancun to transfer an ill passenger to the Mexico Navy and would not make it to Costa Maya. We ended up in Cozumel instead. You can also see what the ship does during those crazy nights when you only go 60 miles between ports!

There is a channel on the tv that shows where you are and the track you've taken.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, klfhngr said:

we used cruisemapper while on Harmony a few weeks back. We would be out on the balcony at night and we could see another ship close by and wonder what it was. Checked on cruise mapper and then we knew.