Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NCLetscruise

Bermuda Fish Sandwich.. PLEASE help

Recommended Posts

I remember reading on here a while ago, maybe a year or more.. about a "famous" place in Bermuda that has a ridiculously good fish sandwich. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that it was maybe the best sandwich in Bermuda. It wasn't the Swizzle Inn, or Frog and Onion, etc.. It was more of an 'off the beaten path' kinda place. Where is this?? If memory serves, it was served on some kind of strange bread.. banana? raisin? something different.. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Heading back to Bermuda soon, and I really want to try it! Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Art Mel’s is the place with the reputation. It is off the beaten path in Hamilton. The bread is raisin bread. I have not tried their sandwich myself because it is carry out and would require a taxi ride there and then to someplace to eat it, probably a park in Hamilton. Maybe is the best sandwich in Bermuda or maybe people say that because it’s off the beaten track. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Art Mel’s is the place with the reputation. It is off the beaten path in Hamilton. The bread is raisin bread. I have not tried their sandwich myself because it is carry out and would require a taxi ride there and then to someplace to eat it, probably a park in Hamilton. Maybe is the best sandwich in Bermuda or maybe people say that because it’s off the beaten track. 

 

 

Excellent, thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said-- Art Mel's Spicy Dicey is the spot and it does live up to the hype. Well worth the quick cab ride over. You order from the counter inside and most people just sort of mill about outside and eat or they pack it up in tin foil and we've brought it back towards the waterfront and ate it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

As others have said-- Art Mel's Spicy Dicey is the spot and it does live up to the hype. Well worth the quick cab ride over. You order from the counter inside and most people just sort of mill about outside and eat or they pack it up in tin foil and we've brought it back towards the waterfront and ate it there.

 

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be stopping by there for a sandwich!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on a tour of the island a couple of years ago and we mentioned to the driver that we wanted a Bermuda fish sandwich.  He brought us to Woody's.  Maybe 2 miles from the dockyard but you can take the bus.  It was very good and you can eat there and sit outside and have a drink.  Not fancy and mostly locals but good. We were there around lunch time and it got crowded. We will be going back for another in two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dazey said:

We were on a tour of the island a couple of years ago and we mentioned to the driver that we wanted a Bermuda fish sandwich.  He brought us to Woody's.  Maybe 2 miles from the dockyard but you can take the bus.  It was very good and you can eat there and sit outside and have a drink.  Not fancy and mostly locals but good. We were there around lunch time and it got crowded. We will be going back for another in two weeks.

 

Might have to hit Art Mel's and Woodys! Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had Mama Angie’s fish

sandwich for the past 3 cruises.  I really enjoy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinton Bean took us to the Flame.

 

I have no idea whether it is good or bad compared to other Bermuda fish places, (we really enjoyed it, but I can't say we were connoisseurs) but the location was fantastic. Take your shoes off and go down the ladder to the ocean and swirl your feet in the water. Just lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Art Mel's had a very convenient location in St. George's last time we were in Bermuda.  I'm told that location has closed. Such a shame.  Sandwiches are to die for. Would recommend highly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went to Woody's a few days ago. Just ask the bus driver before you get on. (We had to remind ours to stop when we saw it coming up and he didn't slow down.)  The bus stops are only a few steps away. Lots of picnic tables and a pleasant view. Not too crowded with a mix of locals on lunch break and people from the ships.  Bottled drinks available as well as a small bar. We would go again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going on the tour with Heidi first week of July. Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, waterwatcher said:

We are going on the tour with Heidi first week of July. Looking forward to it.

 

She's great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...