Have the Regal Princess beds been upgraded yet?

KruzPrincess

I was on the Regal in November and they still had the old beds in my deluxe balcony cabin. I’m going on the Regal again later this year and I’m hoping that they’ll have been upgraded by then. I know the Regal was scheduled to get the new upgraded beds in 2019. I have my fingers crossed.  🤞  Does anyone know if it’s already happened? Thanks. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wallyworld1059 said:

In March they were the same old thing!

7 hours ago, TorontoTL said:

February they had not been upgraded yet at least in the inside cabin we were in.

Thanks. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it still happens before I leave. I can always hope. 

18 hours ago, steelers36 said:

The Regal had better beds on it than the older ships when it came out.  I suspect why that it was at end of the line for the Princess Luxury Bed.

That’s probably true, but the mattress I had last year was nowhere near the new ones. 

I find it rather ridiculous that the beds have not all been changed, I am booked on princess for August this year and have to say looked at princess seriously to try out the new beds, hasnt it been about three years since the advertisement for their great new beds started? Low and behold, I’m on the only ship without the new beds!

i am platinum on princess so I am not a newbie, I was very excited about the beds haven’t cruised with them in awhile now I am 😩

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 2:29 AM, steelers36 said:

The Regal had better beds on it than the older ships when it came out.  I suspect why that it was at end of the line for the Princess Luxury Bed.

I disagree. I was fine with Caribbean Princess bed in 2016, but Regal Princess beds in both 2017 and 2016 were simply awful.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

It seems to be totally random as to when and which ships are changed out.  On the Ruby this year back in February we had a new bed.....it was fabulous.  In April on the Royal no new bed......but we heard some had new beds.  Sailing the Star in September and although we know they're selling her in 2021 and are not installing medallion on her I would hope it will have a new bed.  We're working towards Elite are platinum now so would hope they will update the fleet at least.....as you say three years is just stupid.

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

5 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

Yes, I have read the announcement. It’s now 2019, so I’m asking if the beds have been replaced. I keep hoping they will be changing them before my cruise this fall. The difference is like night and day to me. Still keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

Yes, I have read the announcement. It’s now 2019, so I’m asking if the beds have been replaced. I keep hoping they will be changing them before my cruise this fall. The difference is like night and day to me. Still keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞 

Well as what I Posted said they would be coming they're clearly not currently on those ships.

I was on the Regal this past April and it still had the older beds.  

The Regal goes into wetdock  1/12/2020 Until 1/19/2020.  I believe the beds will be replaced then.

43 minutes ago, Stumpie said:

The Regal goes into wetdock  1/12/2020 Until 1/19/2020.  I believe the beds will be replaced then.

The Princess website still notes that Regal & Royal are planned for 2019 to get the Luxury Beds.  IDK what we will find on Regal on June 1, but obviously a chance for older bed.  Hope it is okay because our last two cruises have had the Luxury Bed.

When we sailed on Regal previously (newer then, but not brand new), I thought our beds were fine.

8 hours ago, steelers36 said:

The Princess website still notes that Regal & Royal are planned for 2019 to get the Luxury Beds.  IDK what we will find on Regal on June 1, but obviously a chance for older bed.  Hope it is okay because our last two cruises have had the Luxury Bed.

When we sailed on Regal previously (newer then, but not brand new), I thought our beds were fine.

When I was on the Regal in November the beds were hard. They had the pillow top added, so it wasn’t as bad as the old concrete slab, but they were still hard. We asked for foam toppers which only helped minimally. The pillowtops were nice when they were new, but they’re mostly compacted and hard now. 

I know the website says that the Regal and Royal are scheduled to get new beds in 2019, but I don’t know that they always update it immediately. I’d be happy to hear from someone that they’ve started to change them out. Let us know your experience in June. 

Personally, I’d rather have the new beds (that they’ve advertised for years now) instead of the medallion tracking system. I do like the great new internet, tho. 

8 hours ago, Stumpie said:

Ah. You’re probably right. Too late for me.