Edge TA, 2019: FLL to Southampton, England

Lastdance

My DH and I are having a wonderful time with our cruise buddies, and the weather has been exceptional.  So far, in our journey, the ship just left Bermuda, and is heading to the Azores.

I know there are many on this cruise who can share their own experiences, making  this thread a plethora of information about Edge’s first transatlantic.  Hopefully, they will add their own personal information to this discussion...

4917194B-3D0D-4A24-AAD5-2A686CEE26B1.jpeg

465F2CE1-DA5B-4406-81DD-5EDA4EBE9851.jpeg

409C3150-92A7-4794-8FBE-F329AC1A46A9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

My DH and I are having a wonderful time with our cruise buddies, and the weather has been exceptional.  So far, in our journey, the ship just left Bermuda, and is heading to the Azores.

I know there are many on this cruise who can share their own experiences, making  this thread a plethora of information about Edge’s first transatlantic.  Hopefully, they will add their own personal information to this discussion...

4917194B-3D0D-4A24-AAD5-2A686CEE26B1.jpeg

465F2CE1-DA5B-4406-81DD-5EDA4EBE9851.jpeg

409C3150-92A7-4794-8FBE-F329AC1A46A9.jpeg

Suzy, gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing you journey with us, Katie.

• Thanks 1

So happy to see this!! The pictures are great!

My next round of questions, when you have time:

1) Did you get two loungers, a bigger balcony table and a coffee table?

2) How do you like life in the aft S1?

3) Who are the Retreat concierges?  Have they been connecting with people?

4) Did you see any SV's in the cabin crawl (if you went on it)? If so, which one, and how was it?

5) Have you been able to have a drink on the MC?

Okay, that's it.  No hurry on the answers.... answer when you have time!  Hope you continue to have a lovely, relaxing cruise! 😀

And Texed can answer the waffle question..... 😉

•  

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=vtcruisi

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=vtcruis

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=vtcruisin

Other Future Cruises:

Apex, 1-30-2021

Past Cruises:

Edge 1-20-19 Western Carib, Edge 12-1-18 Preview Cruise, Edge 11-27-18 Press/Trade Cruise, Edge 11-25-18 Press/Trade, Summit 2-24-18 Flower Power Cruise, Reflection 9-1-17 Italy and Greek Isles Cruise, Eclipse 1-22-17 Exotic Carib, Constellation 2-29-16 Flower Power Cruise, Constellation 2-25-16 B2B, Reflection 1-24-15, Reflection TA 4-26-14, Infinity British Isles 5-13-13, Silhouette 1-17-12, Allure of the Seas 1-23-11, Oasis of the Seas 1-16-10, Brilliance of the Seas 1-23-06, Jewel of the Seas 1-23-05, Adventure of the Seas 2-01-04, Nordic Empress 1-31-02, Nordic Empress 1-27-96, Nordic Empress 2-01-91, Sunward II 1983

Expand signature  

Sorry, my previous post is a mess since I copied and pasted my questions from another thread (and copied everything else below apparently).  Sorry, it wouldn't let me edit it.

Edited by vtcruising

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry, my previous post is a mess since I copied and pasted my questions from another thread (and copied everything else below apparently).  Sorry, it wouldn't let me edit it.

No worries at all...

Last Sunday, after we boarded, I received a call that my little Kelsey(four paws)had another bout with pancreatitis; however, she is doing well now.  

I had had a facial that was like having a massage and facial combined, as the message actually relaxed my entire body.  The various treatments were determined after an analysis and consultation.  All I can say is wow!  What a wonderful, and relaxing experience.  There was no “hard sell” either...perfect.  

The gym has been crowded and definitely feels smaller than S class, but that did not affect the ability to work out at all.  The cardio machines are new and allow watching the TV channels, music etc.  I have yet to ask about the Peloton bikes.  Today, the track is on my list to try, as I have heard great things about it onboard.

The gym is just up these stairs...

91716F80-0DE9-4C49-9ECF-16C3C2295DA1.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise and I hope Kelsey continues to improve....

Both experiencing Edge (including it’s suite life) and taking a TA are on our bucket list so following your post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our cabin/suite is wonderful; the balcony and bed have shared equal qualities of relaxation, and both with a view...one with the TV, and the other with the wake.  Oh, life is so good...

What's New: the S1’s(not corner aft S1’s) have a shower door now...S2’s also, I believe.  That should make people happy.  The configuration of the bathroom is what allows or does not allow this.  Sorry, but I forgot to take a photo.

7238AA62-5F34-41C7-B208-C32C334FA1FA.jpeg

9557A0FB-929E-49E5-B756-3986BE560640.jpeg

• Like 3

Wonderful photos, thank you. We are thinking about a transatlantic on Edge next year so will be very interested to hear about your journey. We watched you leave FLL on April 21st from our hotel balcony as we waited to join the Reflection transatlantic the next day.

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Our cabin/suite is wonderful; the balcony and bed have shared equal qualities of relaxation, and both with a view...one with the TV, and the other with the wake.  Oh, life is so good...

What's New: the S1’s(not corner aft S1’s) have a shower door now...S2’s also, I believe.  That should make people happy.  The configuration of the bathroom is what allows or does not allow this.  Sorry, but I forgot to take a photo.

7238AA62-5F34-41C7-B208-C32C334FA1FA.jpeg

Love this photo..Amazing wake view,..very  nice flowers.( that's one of the  arrangements we ordered..very long lasting).    This pic  and the spa entry pic give the feeling of Aaah! So relaxing! 

The Spa was excellent..I had a facial and a massage.  That was when they offered port pricing...now I believe  that is discontinued but there is some discount for E or E plus

Hope  Kelsey is doing well...enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your posts and enjoy yourself! Do post pictures of the SV is possible, we’re booked on one on the Apex for May 2020. We’ve always had hump cabins, the aft FV will be a first for us.

Happy cruising...😊

• Like 1

We had a “Cheers for Years” anniversary party in Eden at 11:00 AM.  Some of the officers were there, along with many from our roll call.  The cake was  beautiful; this party was for anyone on our roll call who was married thirty years or more...being a TA, there certainly were a lot of seasoned cruisers...

7331CBE9-A2EF-4761-B5C5-B01B79224D9B.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Love this photo.

I watched with envy, via Webcam, as Edge left Port Everglades.

Enjoy your transit!

Regards,

Kevin Reid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We had a “Cheers for Years” anniversary party in Eden at 11:00 AM.  Some of the officers were there, along with many from our roll call.  The cake was  beautiful; this party was for anyone on our roll call who was married thirty years or more...being a TA, there certainly were a lot of seasoned cruisers...

7331CBE9-A2EF-4761-B5C5-B01B79224D9B.jpeg

Gorgeous cake - so nice that some officers attended. Congratulations to all of the 30+ years couples!! 🥂

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

As if waiting 213 more days to sail on Edge wasn't enough, I'll spend that time dreaming about those delicious looking cinnamon buns.....……...

Susan

I was thinking the same thing since I saw them at breakfast time. I went for the less decadent, though delicious, almond croissant at the Eden cafe (though the best croissants were in Le Grand Bistro, IMO).

image.thumb.png.fb00499b0af8dfcbc301ad628326a410.png

Our idea for a clothesline...it is wrapped around a balcony pole outside; no clothes are hung outside per rule by Celebrity!  We use the gym each day and need to wash, even though we do have some free laundry.

0242DA08-CAC3-4B47-88DD-E7351A1CCF32.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I was thinking the same thing since I saw them at breakfast time. I went for the less decadent, though delicious, almond croissant at the Eden cafe (though the best croissants were in Le Grand Bistro, IMO).

image.thumb.png.fb00499b0af8dfcbc301ad628326a410.png

They made some smaller almond croissants in OVC that just came out of the over and were delish; I just happened to get the first one... 

• Like 1