VOOM PAckage

A quick question for you seasoned Royal Caribbean cruisers. RCI has just posted the VOOM packages for our Feb 16 Allure cruise. Are the prices for these packages pretty well set, or will they fluctuate, like the Deluxe Beverage package does? Right now VOOM Surf package for one device is $12.99 per day, curious on whether it will stay at that price...

It will fluctuate and will definitely go down especially the multi devices packs.  

However, buy it it when the price is at a comfortable level.  If it goes down more you can cancel and reorder with no penalty.

I did that on three occasions on my last Liberty of the Seas cruise.

Edited by Tree_skier

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It will fluctuate and will definitely go down especially the multi devices packs.  

However, buy it it when the price is at a comfortable level.  If it goes down more you can cancel and reorder with no penalty.

I did that on three occasions on my last Liberty of the Seas cruise.

Good point about cancelling and reordering when price goes down. Thanks!

2 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

We do that every cruise.  Buy it now and pay attention to the cost, just like the cruise itself except that it can still be cancelled and rebooked after the final payment date for the cruise.  

Tru dat 🙂  I think our biggest worry right now is the azipod problems on the Allure. Alot of summer cruises having their itineraries changed, droppping St Thomas or St Maarten, and substituting San Juan. Since the Allure is scheduled for dry dock in March next year, seems like RCI is trying to limp along til then...

4 hours ago, Raxter54 said:

A quick question for you seasoned Royal Caribbean cruisers. RCI has just posted the VOOM packages for our Feb 16 Allure cruise. Are the prices for these packages pretty well set, or will they fluctuate, like the Deluxe Beverage package does? Right now VOOM Surf package for one device is $12.99 per day, curious on whether it will stay at that price...

The lowest I paid was $11.99/day. No problem cancel and rebuy. For your Feb cruise, make a point to check their Black Friday & Cyber Monday promotions.

• Like 1

You can bundle with soda and/or beverage package. If you purchase any of these... This will be your best deal. I paid a $9 add on for the voom+stream on my recent Adventure of the Seas cruise. Excellent speed throughout cruise as well. 

Edited by lcpagejr

13 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

You can bundle with soda and/or beverage package. If you purchase any of these... This will be your best deal. I paid a $9 add on for the voom+stream on my recent Adventure of the Seas cruise. Excellent speed throughout cruise as well. 

This is not necessarily the case. 

I was able to get a 4-device plan for less than $7/day/device, so everyone in my group (plus one person from my Roll Call) shared that plan (I bought the plan and the others paid me cash for their share) and did drink packages separately.  

Do the math for every available option to figure out what's the best deal for you.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I was able to get a 4-device plan for less than $7/day/device, so everyone in my group (plus one person from my Roll Call) shared that plan (I bought the plan and the others paid me cash for their share) and did drink packages separately.  

Do the math for every available option to figure out what's the best deal for you.

This was true for me also.  Adding internet to a drinks pack may be beneficial if you are just getting a 1 device package but if you have any interest in 2 or more you will likely come out ahead with internet separate from the a drink package.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

May be true.... But we had 3 in our party sharing one connection... Never a problem with all wanting to be on at Sametime... $9 vs $28/day is quite a cost savings 

5 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

May be true.... But we had 3 in our party sharing one connection... Never a problem with all wanting to be on at Sametime... $9 vs $28/day is quite a cost savings 

Are you saying that you just took turns using the one connection, or that you were all logged on at the same time?

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Are you saying that you just took turns using the one connection, or that you were all logged on at the same time?

It was me, my wife and my 9 yr old grandson... Wife and I didn't need to be online frequently.... Your on vacation lol.... Grandson mostly used before going to bed... So we had no problem sharing the one connection with 3 devices. But I understand your point if people are not interested in beverage packages.... But in our case it was a no brainer since we always purchase beverage package.... It was also nice to get the voom + streaming.... I think that's why our online experience was so positive... Faster speed 

14 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

It was me, my wife and my 9 yr old grandson... Wife and I didn't need to be online frequently.... Your on vacation lol.... Grandson mostly used before going to bed... So we had no problem sharing the one connection with 3 devices. But I understand your point if people are not interested in beverage packages.... But in our case it was a no brainer since we always purchase beverage package.... It was also nice to get the voom + streaming.... I think that's why our online experience was so positive... Faster speed 

Yes, if you don't all need to be online at once, sharing one connection works great.  

My point was that even if you get the drink package, it can be cheaper if you're using a shared multi-device package.  In my case, each person only paid $7/day for their device on top of whatever drink package each one had, versus the $9-$10 charge if they had gotten the bundled beverage + Voom package.  

23 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yes, if you don't all need to be online at once, sharing one connection works great.  

My point was that even if you get the drink package, it can be cheaper if you're using a shared multi-device package.  In my case, each person only paid $7/day for their device on top of whatever drink package each one had, versus the $9-$10 charge if they had gotten the bundled beverage + Voom package.  

Well... Unless everyone is paying their own.... I can't see how this is cheaper. In our case I paid for everything on our cruise..... So no value for us there!! Lol

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

Well... Unless everyone is paying their own.... I can't see how this is cheaper. In our case I paid for everything on our cruise..... So no value for us there!! Lol

I think something is getting lost in translation.  You're not understanding the difference between everyone sharing one device access (each logs off before the next can log on), or everyone having their own access all the time.

Four adults.  All want to be online at the same time, so all need their own Voom access (not sharing a single access between them). 

If they each paid $10 extra to bundle Voom with their drink package, they'd each pay $70 for internet over the course of the week:  $10/day x 7 days = $70/person x 4 people = $280 for internet for four people for the week.

Instead of each person paying the extra money to bundle their drink package, one person buys a 4-device plan for $28/day.  By sharing this plan with the other three people, each pays $7/day x 7 days = $49/person x 4 people = $196 for internet for four people for the week. 

The first person pays the $196 for Voom in their Cruise Planner, then the other three people pay that person $49 in cash, and the first person gives those three people the access code for Voom. 

All four people purchase whatever unbundled drink package they want, but only the first person actually pays Royal for Voom, and the other three people reimburse for their portion of the amount.

Any way you add it up, and no matter who is paying the bill, $49/week is less than $70/week, and $196 for four people is less than $280 for four people.

Obviously, if you can all just share one device access, there's no need to pay for Voom for four devices.  It's always going to be cheaper to pay for one access than four.  But if you actually do need four individual accesses at all times, it's cheaper to share a 4-device access instead of bundling internet onto each person's drink package.

Does that make sense the way I've worded it now?

what is the real difference betweeen the 2 voom packages?

I just wil want to check email, maybe facebook and text.  Not listening to music or watching videos

Do I need the more expensive option?

I'll be on the Majesty to Cuba

4 minutes ago, marty's mom said:

what is the real difference betweeen the 2 voom packages?

I just wil want to check email, maybe facebook and text.  Not listening to music or watching videos

Do I need the more expensive option?

I'll be on the Majesty to Cuba

Nope, you can get by with Surf only.  However, check the price in your Cruise Planner.  Many times the Stream package is less expensive pre-cruise than Surf only onboard.

9 minutes ago, marty's mom said:

Thank you

the packages now are 9.99 or 11.99 per day,  not a big difference!

So Royal is selling both (Surf / Surf & Stream) packages on your Cruise Planner now?

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So Royal is selling both (Surf / Surf & Stream) packages on your Cruise Planner now?

They are that way on our Indy cruise planner right now also.  Surf for 10.99 and Surf & Stream for 14.99 pre cruise.  

Don’t recall seeing just surf pre cruise before. 

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They are that way on our Indy cruise planner right now also.  Surf for 10.99 and Surf & Stream for 14.99 pre cruise.  

Don’t recall seeing just surf pre cruise before. 

Same here.