Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
marcoigna

MSC Meraviglia 28Oct, 2019 - 13Nights REPO

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Woohoo! Who doesn't love a good party?! Speaking of which... any of you boys dressing up for Halloween?

Yes.  We are all pretty much dressing up for Halloween.   Will be a fun night - hmmm then relax in SXM the next day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's exactly what I was thinking... Halloween will likely go later and have some fun and then beach in SXM. It's my only beach day besides Ocean Cay during the voyage (minus sun deck). Heck, I'm so excited I started packing already! 🤣

 

🕺 5 WEEKS 🕺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

That's exactly what I was thinking... Halloween will likely go later and have some fun and then beach in SXM. It's my only beach day besides Ocean Cay during the voyage (minus sun deck). Heck, I'm so excited I started packing already! 🤣

 

🕺 5 WEEKS 🕺

we too have slowly started to pack as we have alot on the go - we are gone most weekends as we have a site at a gay campground in NY State - we have our pool to close at home and yes, we have thanksgiving in October as well .... so the time will just fly - as long is goes nice and slow on board...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

we too have slowly started to pack as we have alot on the go - we are gone most weekends as we have a site at a gay campground in NY State - we have our pool to close at home and yes, we have thanksgiving in October as well .... so the time will just fly - as long is goes nice and slow on board...

Will be interested to hear more about a gay campground in NY State when we are onboard. I’m starting to panic now as I only have a few weeks left to lose some weight to get into my clothes, as I always put weight on during the cruise! I think next year I’ll just book a nudist cruise so I won’t have to bother! Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Redlondon said:

Will be interested to hear more about a gay campground in NY State when we are onboard. I’m starting to panic now as I only have a few weeks left to lose some weight to get into my clothes, as I always put weight on during the cruise! I think next year I’ll just book a nudist cruise so I won’t have to bother! Lol 

no issue - we have a lot of time to chat - but we truly love it, this is our 5th season  - will show u many a pics...you can check out their website - www.jonespond.com  - u might see some of my pictures there...they also are on FB as well. .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, marcoigna said:

we too have slowly started to pack as we have alot on the go - we are gone most weekends as we have a site at a gay campground in NY State - we have our pool to close at home and yes, we have thanksgiving in October as well .... so the time will just fly - as long is goes nice and slow on board...

Thanks for the link on the campground. It looks like it could be a fun time. I admit I'm a hotel type of person but I see they have options. I'd love to hear more about the environment there. I go to Ogunquit, Maine a lot which is not an entirely gay town but it's really friendly and they have a section of the beach just for us. I like it far more than Provincetown which is in my home state but so much more expensive and pretentious.

 

Sounds like you've got quite the busy schedule ahead! You'll need a cruise by the time you're done with all of it! If the weather stays warm, I'll be challenged to focus on this voyage and finding tours versus parking myself in at the OGT beach. The weather this weekend is looking mighty good again! My Canadian friends usually enjoy Thanksgiving weekend back in the prairies with their family. Most of them are in Ottawa! Sadly, I can't get them to do a non-gay cruise.

 

I could use time flying a bit more... today was hell on wheels but at least it's hump day... all downhill from here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.75 Weeks!

 

Who is counting anyway? Seems like we're not sailing sold out! It means more room in the disco! 🕺 What's everyone's favorite disco tunes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, CruisinMaterial said:

2.75 Weeks!

 

Who is counting anyway? Seems like we're not sailing sold out! It means more room in the disco! 🕺 What's everyone's favorite disco tunes?

I enjoy all types of music - jazz being my least favourite - techno being my most favourite - love mash-ups and high energy.   Hope they will once again do silent disco - twice would be awesome.  That being said, they had an over abundance of latin tunes on our 4 times on Seaside.    2 weeks today Boarding - leaving Canada on the 26th.    Will be great to meet everyone on board.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, marcoigna said:

I enjoy all types of music - jazz being my least favourite - techno being my most favourite - love mash-ups and high energy.   Hope they will once again do silent disco - twice would be awesome.  That being said, they had an over abundance of latin tunes on our 4 times on Seaside.    2 weeks today Boarding - leaving Canada on the 26th.    Will be great to meet everyone on board.   

I'm with you on the jazz part of it... I can't seem to remember much, if any, jazz on the Seaside thankfully! I like all forms of EDM but primarily a trance guy. I'll settle for Top 40 not on repeat and house music. I am also hoping for a silent disco on this ship. I'm trying to get some intel from a travel agent who is on the current sailing.

 

I also read on an article about the Meraviglia coming to Boston that the Carousel Lounge is used as a nightclub as well. I didn't know that was an alternative venue. The stage in there would be awesome and the visuals amazing too with the LED walls. The regular nightclub is up by the fun zone / sports complex. I also ponied up for the Fun Pass so I have something to do in the gap between early dinner, show and then waiting for the nightclub to open. I always end up with this gap that is like the kiss of death.... waiting for the nightclub to get going I fall asleep and never end up going! lol

 

Happy Thanksgiving to you boys!

 

🛳️ 2 WEEKS! 🛳️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

I'm with you on the jazz part of it... I can't seem to remember much, if any, jazz on the Seaside thankfully! I like all forms of EDM but primarily a trance guy. I'll settle for Top 40 not on repeat and house music. I am also hoping for a silent disco on this ship. I'm trying to get some intel from a travel agent who is on the current sailing.

 

I also read on an article about the Meraviglia coming to Boston that the Carousel Lounge is used as a nightclub as well. I didn't know that was an alternative venue. The stage in there would be awesome and the visuals amazing too with the LED walls. The regular nightclub is up by the fun zone / sports complex. I also ponied up for the Fun Pass so I have something to do in the gap between early dinner, show and then waiting for the nightclub to open. I always end up with this gap that is like the kiss of death.... waiting for the nightclub to get going I fall asleep and never end up going! lol

 

Happy Thanksgiving to you boys!

 

🛳️ 2 WEEKS! 🛳️

I read that Horizon bar aft of ship turns into a nightclub ? We always have late dinner so usually evening goes quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redlondon said:

I read that Horizon bar aft of ship turns into a nightclub ? We always have late dinner so usually evening goes quickly. 

Mom dines early so I have this gap... it's a killer for me! When I cruise alone, I usually FreesStyle dine and go later with a group of solos or some folks from the LGBT meet ups.

 

I forget if the ship has a video screen at the aft pool or not. It would be nice to have another disco under the stars, much like the lower (and upper) aft pools on the Seaside did! I'm not sure how accurate the Boston.com article was to be honest. They were using file photos from MSC in the article too.

 

I'd love to get on her for a sneak peak on the Saturday she's here 10/26 but the day just won't be conducive to it sadly. I'll have to wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  10 Days!

 

Alright boys... I have two costumes I could wear. Should we share what we might wear so that way we don't have 20 vampires or togas? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So - i asked Bea (currently on board) to check the daily planner for tonight (1st full day) and they are hosting a LBGTQ gathering at 630p in the Sky lounge.   So this will probably be on our sailing on the 29th.    And its formal night.  Busy night already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

  10 Days!

 

Alright boys... I have two costumes I could wear. Should we share what we might wear so that way we don't have 20 vampires or togas? lol

Would love  to But have costumes already    Trust me, wont be toga or vampire.   Wait and see 😘😘😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

Would love  to But have costumes already    Trust me, wont be toga or vampire.   Wait and see 😘😘😘

Hmm... you wouldn't be doing drag would you? 🤔 That'd be a hoot!

 

Was Bea's response to you about the LGBT meet up time being 6:30PM? I would hope not! I expect to be at the first seating dinner as mom does not wait!!! I hope it's either later in the evening or earlier around 4 or 5PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

Hmm... you wouldn't be doing drag would you? 🤔 That'd be a hoot!

 

Was Bea's response to you about the LGBT meet up time being 6:30PM? I would hope not! I expect to be at the first seating dinner as mom does not wait!!! I hope it's either later in the evening or earlier around 4 or 5PM.

Its in her thread 


i asked her specifically about the LGBTQ and that was her response.  Dinner at 530 or 730 or buffet 😘😘😘❤️

Edited by marcoigna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

Its in her thread 


i asked her specifically about the LGBTQ and that was her response.  Dinner at 530 or 730 or buffet 😘😘😘❤️

If I do dinner at 5:30PM then I could, in theory, be fashionably late to the LGBT meet up but if it's 6PM, I won't be able to make it. 😭 I would like to meet up because using the gaydar on a ship is just awkward as hell. lol! You're with everyone for 13 days so if you get it wrong, you will see the same person over and over again!!! 😮

 

I'll figure out something!

 

What is your group doing in Barbados? I just came back from Barnes and Noble and it seems like I may have to make this a beach stop... reluctantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

What is your group doing in Barbados? I just came back from Barnes and Noble and it seems like I may have to make this a beach stop... reluctantly


4 of us are going to Sandals for the day.  Last time we were there we did the Concorde.  And time previous we did Harrison caves.  Im with a group that does not do a-lot of pre planning 

Edited by marcoigna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcoigna said:


4 of us are going to Sandals for the day.  Last time we were there we did the Concorde.  And time previous we did Harrison caves.  Im with a group that does not do a-lot of pre planning 

Oh that's right! I vaguely remember you mentioning that! Sorry for asking again! D'oh! lol

 

I've been to Barbados three times before so I'm always looking for something new and different! I wanted to check out the Concorde Museum but it's not open on Sundays. I actually had planned to do a south of the island independent tour of sights but when I reached out to several places and researched others, they were all closed. Mom is not a beach person so I don't have a clue what we will do. Perhaps get off the ship and walk into town and then putz around for a bit and then get back on and pretend it's a sea day. We did that in Martinique when we called there on a Sunday on a previous cruise out of NYC.

 

Hopefully the ship's amenities will be open (like water slides) so I can give them a go perhaps. I just don't like wasting port days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 WEEK!

 

For all you lurkers out there... there's a fire sale for rooms on this voyage now! Let's gay this ship up! 🤣😎

 

Howdy Marco and Redlondon! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CruisinMaterial said:

1 WEEK!

 

For all you lurkers out there... there's a fire sale for rooms on this voyage now! Let's gay this ship up! 🤣😎

 

Howdy Marco and Redlondon! 😀

Hi, one week? Yikes I’d better think about packing ( I usually end up doing it night before ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Redlondon said:

Hi, one week? Yikes I’d better think about packing ( I usually end up doing it night before ). 

Clothing seems optional on this voyage... or at least so I read on another thread! 🙄🤣🤨😉

 

It should help everyone save on their excess baggage fees! lol

 

I want to finish packing so badly but everything would be wrinkled so here I sit patiently waiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🍂 3 DAYS! 🍂

 

How are we doing boys?


Anyone new? Looking forward to some of the themed parties... pirates, cowboys, space theme, white party, 70s, 80s... heck... at this rate they could put Atlantis to shame! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...