Quest Officer`s

maggie.1008

We have not been on Azamara in 7 years. We are going to book Alaska cruise on July 20th. 

Does anyone know who the Officer`s and CCHost will be. Also we met a lovely man named Hamilton on the Journey years ago. He worked in bar and coffee area. I hope he still works for Azamara. 

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

We have not been on Azamara in 7 years. We are going to book Alaska cruise on July 20th. 

Does anyone know who the Officer`s and CCHost will be. Also we met a lovely man named Hamilton on the Journey years ago. He worked in bar and coffee area. I hope he still works for Azamara. 

If it's the Hamilton I'm thinking of from the Philippines, no, I don't think he works for Azamara any longer. I haven't seen him for a while. If it's the same guy. 

Phil 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

No. Pierre moved to Regent. Not sure where he is now.  Favourite sommelier Martin is taking a year off I understand. Great guy. As is Dharma who is on Pursuit. Top guy. 

Phil 

Yes I agree we had excellent service from Dharma over the last 5 days.

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Here is a link to our Senior Officer schedule: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

I'm not sure what you mean by CC Host? Typically the Cruise Director and often other senior staff members attend/host the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle party. 

Bonnie..we are on Quest for the T/A August 7th this year. The CD is listed as "Stephen" and the Executive Chef as "Shijunath". I don't find either of those names on your list...are they new hires? Do you have any way to have their info posted? Thanks LuAnn

Hi LuAnn, here's a bit about Stephen...his is a promotion 🙂
I'll ask our Exec Chef for more information on Shijunath.

"Stephen Millett, Azamara’s newest Cruise Director -

Stephen is originally from Pittsburgh PA and now resides in New York City when not at sea. He graduated from Penn State University with a degree in vocal performance and took to the high seas in 2011 as a production vocalist with Royal Caribbean. 

Since then Stephen has performed in various musical productions at sea and across the United States. He has been singing on our Azamara ships since 2013. Many of you might know him from his days as part of our Signature Shows or as an Assistant Cruise Director."

4 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Stephen is originally from Pittsburgh PA and now resides in New York City when not at sea. He graduated from Penn State University with a degree in vocal performance and took to the high seas in 2011 as a production vocalist with Royal Caribbean. 

Since then Stephen has performed in various musical productions at sea and across the United States. He has been singing on our Azamara ships since 2013. Many of you might know him from his days as part of our Signature Shows or as an Assistant Cruise Director."

Thank you Bonnie!! Looking forward to meeting him and enjoying his entertainment as well! LuAnn

On 5/29/2019 at 4:57 PM, LuAnn said:

Bonnie..we are on Quest for the T/A August 7th this year. The CD is listed as "Stephen" and the Executive Chef as "Shijunath". I don't find either of those names on your list...are they new hires? Do you have any way to have their info posted? Thanks LuAnn

Hi LuAnn, this just in...

Executive Chef Swamynathan, Shijunath (Nathan) - 
Chef Nathan was born in India. He earned his diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Kerala in India.
Nathan started his career at The Retreat Hotel, Mumbai. He went on to work for 6 years with world-renowned chefs in Saudi Arabia and Dubai in 5-star hotels. There he developed his cooking skills and techniques. 
In 2001 Chef Nathan joined Renaissance Cruises, then came to Celebrity Cruises. In 2009 Chef Nathan joined Azamara Club Cruises as Sous Chef working his way up to Executive Sous Chef, and most recently promoted to Executive Chef.
With the opportunity of cruising the world and visiting beautiful places, Nathan enjoys experiencing the local cuisines in Europe and Asia.
When at home he spends his time with his wife and daughter and a favorite past time...growing his own vegetables and fruits.
Join us in welcoming Nathan to his well-deserved promotion to Executive Chef for the Azamara Quest.
As Nathan always says “every ingredient has a purpose.”
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Congratulations to Stephen.  We remember him from our Journey cruises.  

We had Stephen as Cruise Director on a Cuban cruise earlier this year. The official Cruise Director was sick the entire voyage. Stephen was the Assistant Cruise Director. He stepped in and did a fantastic job. We are very happy for him. Congratulations Stephen.

Edited by Arizonasunshine
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi LuAnn, this just in...

Executive Chef Swamynathan, Shijunath (Nathan) - 
Chef Nathan was born in India. He earned his diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Kerala in India.
Nathan started his career at The Retreat Hotel, Mumbai. He went on to work for 6 years with world-renowned chefs in Saudi Arabia and Dubai in 5-star hotels. There he developed his cooking skills and techniques. 
In 2001 Chef Nathan joined Renaissance Cruises, then came to Celebrity Cruises. In 2009 Chef Nathan joined Azamara Club Cruises as Sous Chef working his way up to Executive Sous Chef, and most recently promoted to Executive Chef.
With the opportunity of cruising the world and visiting beautiful places, Nathan enjoys experiencing the local cuisines in Europe and Asia.
When at home he spends his time with his wife and daughter and a favorite past time...growing his own vegetables and fruits.
Join us in welcoming Nathan to his well-deserved promotion to Executive Chef for the Azamara Quest.
As Nathan always says “every ingredient has a purpose.”

Thanks Bonnie!! What a terrific success story!! i'm sure he's so proud he is probably "busting his chef's coat buttons"!!! :)  LuAnn

• Like 1

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

LuAnn, Stephen is a very good singer and a really nice guy too.  I’m sure you will enjoy him as your CD.

Phil

Thanks Phil...your endorsement gives him 5 stars for sure!!! :)  LuAnn

LuAnn, Chef Nathan is wonderful!  He has been on the last several cruises I have been on, and he is a superb chef. ( He also makes wonderful Ghee 😋)  He will accommodate any requests using his outstanding expertise.    

47 minutes ago, travelinjudy said:

LuAnn, Chef Nathan is wonderful!  He has been on the last several cruises I have been on, and he is a superb chef. ( He also makes wonderful Ghee 😋)  He will accommodate any requests using his outstanding expertise.    

Good to hear!! Just a little more than 2 months and I can ask for Ghee!! LuAnn

Excellent for Stephen.   Penn State!     I remember him from Journey too.   All the Azamara cruise directors are so good.   On other cruise lines, the CD's are not nearly as accessible, visible and certainly don't call passengers by name!    (thus ending oure time on "other' cruise lines.