Cruise Critic Community
ReneeFLL

YIKES, 2 Pier Runners Left Behind!

Posted (edited)

On Celebrity Equinox right now in Nassau. 2 people were left behind from Symphony Of The Seas. Over at our ship now talking to people to see if they can get on. Hopefully so. Had to be a horrible feeling. Ship was still untying, but gangway was already pulled up.

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ship untying = well past departure time. 

So true.

The "bargaining" was going on for about 35+ minutes and it looks like they succeeded. Getting on our ship. Ok, I'm sure it wasn't bargaining but probably calling back to Miami.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Are both ships heading to Miami tonight?

We are and I believe they are also.

Edited by ReneeFLL

If that were me on the pier I’d even be telling the folks on the Celebrity ship that I’d be happy to sleep on a lounger by the pool vs being left behind in Nassau.  

It's a cool, unique way to try out 2 ships on 1 cruise.

Except for the lack of luggage and toiletries. But than again, it's only for one night. It's like roughing it on cruise ship. 😀

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We and I believe they are also.

Cool, nice way to try out a new cruise line.😁

I wonder if their drinks packages transfer too?🤔

Would've been nice if the Allure waited for me when I missed it! @$#@%!!!

2 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Cool, nice way to try out a new cruise line.😁

I wonder if their drinks packages transfer too?🤔

Great minds think alike 😃

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Great minds think alike 😃

They certainly do!  

CHEERS!🍻🥂

Question is if both ships headed to Miami and all passengers getting off for prep to next cruise how are they going to get on and pack all there stuff and get it off the ship?

5 minutes ago, theump said:

Question is if both ships headed to Miami and all passengers getting off for prep to next cruise how are they going to get on and pack all there stuff and get it off the ship?

One of the crew will pack all their belongings and their suitcases will be waiting in the terminal. 

I can't upload any pictures since I only have the basic wifi right now. Will do it tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, theump said:

Ships usually dock at like 6am. Last passengers off are around 10. If they get off the one and head straight to the other, they would have at least an hour or two to get their stuff. 

15 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Ships usually dock at like 6am. Last passengers off are around 10. If they get off the one and head straight to the other, they would have at least an hour or two to get their stuff. 

The last incident that I read about had luggage packed by two crew members and in the hallway for pickup before dinner.  Also read that the luggage will be the very, very last luggage to make it into the terminal, I assume as a punishment.

I'm surprised they would be able to get on another cruise ship. Seems like it would be a security issue.

9 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The last incident that I read about had luggage packed by two crew members and in the hallway for pickup before dinner.  Also read that the luggage will be the very, very last luggage to make it into the terminal, I assume as a punishment.

In that incident did they catch a ride on another ship or were they in a situation to be back at the port when the ship arrived? If they weren't going to be back by 10am, certainly the crew would pack their stuff. But if they were going to be back in time, I don't see the need. 

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm surprised they would be able to get on another cruise ship. Seems like it would be a security issue.

Surprising, but I'm guessing that since Celebrity and Royal are sister lines, they already had all the documentation. I'd think there'd be a customs issue, but maybe they had their passports on them. Might have to pay a fine as well for re-entering the country on a different vessel. If it had been a carnival cruise(either the one they missed of the one that was still there), I'm sure it would have been a different result.

5 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

If it had been a carnival cruise(either the one they missed of the one that was still there), I'm sure it would have been a different result.

Why's that?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If that were me on the pier I’d even be telling the folks on the Celebrity ship that I’d be happy to sleep on a lounger by the pool vs being left behind in Nassau.  

I would sleep on top of a hibachi table that was still on.  

After security empties their safe someone will have to hand carry passports from Symphony to Equinox so they can disembark.

18 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

After security empties their safe someone will have to hand carry passports from Symphony to Equinox so they can disembark.

Passports are not required on a closed loop cruise. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can't upload any pictures since I only have the basic wifi right now. Will do it tomorrow.

Thanks, great thread

Hmmmm…..I wonder if they'll get 6 points on RCI and 1 point on Celebrity. :classic_mellow: :classic_biggrin: