Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ReneeFLL

YIKES, 2 Pier Runners Left Behind!

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports are not required on a closed loop cruise. 

True but, if you do not have a Passport, you need to have a Passport Card, a Birth Certificate, or an Enhanced Drivers License.  Other than the Enhanced Drivers License (which is not available to everyone), those are all documents that people often leave in the safes in their cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Would've been nice if the Allure waited for me when I missed it! @$#@%!!!

 

There's a story there.. Spill it! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RickinStl said:

 

There's a story there.. Spill it! 

 

 

Stalk him he posted what happened, great story (now - probably not at the time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

 

I would sleep on top of a hibachi table that was still on.  

 

Beside a sea food tower might be more comfortable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

Why's that?

 

Different company. Celebrity and Royal are the same company. They already had payment, verification of the guests identity, and confirmation of their destination. Carnival wouldn't have had any of that. They'd just be picking up a stranded passenger who was supporting a competitor.

 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports are not required on a closed loop cruise. 

 

But once they switched ships, was it still a closed loop cruise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports are not required on a closed loop cruise. 

Passports are required if these guests are not US citizens which is the case for me and I suspect for you also considering where you live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THIS is why I no longer book private excursions. I just cant imagine. 

 

I wonder how late they were? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

But once they switched ships, was it still a closed loop cruise? 

That is a very good question. Is it now two different one way cruises?

At least there won't be a problem meeting the Passenger Vessel Service Act of 1886 as each vessel either disembarked or embarked those passengers in a foreign port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 

That's a good read and a great lesson for everyone who cruises. I remember when you wrote it and I've talked about ever since!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Would've been nice if the Allure waited for me when I missed it! @$#@%!!!

Hope you took a picture of your ship leaving you behind. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, did they learn their lesson?  In 27 cruises, we have never even been close to all aboard time.  I think the closest we've been is 1.5 hours before all aboard.  I'm really surprised they were able to board Celebrity.  I wonder what it will cost them.  It won't be free and shouldn't be.  BTW, saying they were "left behind" makes it sound like it was RCI's fault instead of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

THIS is why I no longer book private excursions. I just cant imagine. 

 

I wonder how late they were? 

I’m on Symphony right now and saw the whole incident from my balcony. They came back at around 4:10 and our all aboard was 3:30. The ship announcements called for them multiple times before closing everything. They were about 5 minutes too late. We had another group of 14 people show up in golf carts super late too at 4pm. They all got on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, flcruising89 said:

I’m on Symphony right now and saw the whole incident from my balcony. They came back at around 4:10 and our all aboard was 3:30. The ship announcements called for them multiple times before closing everything. They were about 5 minutes too late. We had another group of 14 people show up in golf carts super late too at 4pm. They all got on. 

omg I would just die right there on the pier. 

I wonder what the hold up was. 

I have so much anxiety about missing the boat. I cant take private tours anymore. Peace of mind costs more but is worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

omg I would just die right there on the pier. 

I wonder what the hold up was. 

I have so much anxiety about missing the boat. I cant take private tours anymore. Peace of mind costs more but is worth it. 

Same here. I was stressed for them just seeing it all go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm surprised they would be able to get on another cruise ship. Seems like it would be a security issue.

 

Maybe they had to agree to spend the night in the brig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports are not required on a closed loop cruise. 

 

10 hours ago, actuarian said:

True but, if you do not have a Passport, you need to have a Passport Card, a Birth Certificate, or an Enhanced Drivers License.  Other than the Enhanced Drivers License (which is not available to everyone), those are all documents that people often leave in the safes in their cabins.

 

So, why are people assuming that these people who missed the ship are Americans? 🤔

 

I know for a fact, Canadians and Brits can be just as stupid (or ingenious) !! 😉

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked Miami Port cam this am and the ships are docked blocks apart.  Wonder how they got from here to there.  Maybe their luggage was delivered to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´d be interested to hear from the Chief or Aquahound About the implications this has About hte authorities in regards to submitted cruise manifest, Clearing Immigration and customs.

 

That is especially in regards to Ceoebrity who Chose to pick them up, as it surely happens more frequently to arrive with less passengers than departed, but getting additional People OnBoard is probably a more rare occurance.

Edited by 123funcruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

I´d be interested to hear from the Chief or Aquahound About the implications this has About hte authorities in regards to submitted cruise manifest, Clearing Immigration and customs.

 

That is especially in regards to Ceoebrity who Chose to pick them up, as it surely happens more frequently to arrive with less passengers than departed, but getting additional People OnBoard is probably a more rare occurance.

More rare, true.

 

The exceptional situations would be "fly on" entertainers like comedians who may join the ship for the last 2, 3 or 4 nights of a 7 night sailing and contractors who may also need to join mid cruise and stay until debarkation.

 

There are procedures and protocols for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdGuyMG said:

More rare, true.

 

The exceptional situations would be "fly on" entertainers like comedians who may join the ship for the last 2, 3 or 4 nights of a 7 night sailing and contractors who may also need to join mid cruise and stay until debarkation.

 

There are procedures and protocols for this.

 

I know About Entertainers and contractors, but These are Pretty much pre Setup and coordinated in Advance. That´s certainly a different matter vs. guests joining on extremely short notice the last night of the cruise. I would also think there´s a difference between guests and People working on the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 123funcruiser said:

 

I know About Entertainers and contractors, but These are Pretty much pre Setup and coordinated in Advance. That´s certainly a different matter vs. guests joining on extremely short notice the last night of the cruise. I would also think there´s a difference between guests and People working on the ship. 

Don't forget cruise ships frequently rescue stranded fishermen and in past those escaping Cuba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Hmmmm…..I wonder if they'll get 6 points on RCI and 1 point on Celebrity. :classic_mellow: :classic_biggrin:

An equally pressing question is who gets the tips for that last night!!!🤪

Edited by not-enough-cruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...