Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mitsugirly

MITSUGIRLYS FREEDOM OF THE SEAS REVIEW & PICTORIAL

Recommended Posts

I want to add my thanks for your awesome review , it's been a lot of fun. Take care and I hope for the best for you, Cheers, Buzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely if ever comment on your reviews, but I had to this time. Thank you for all of the effort that you put into sharing your cruises, your life and family with us. I've had some land vacations recently, so am cruising vicariously through you. I notice people are mentioning your health and I guess I missed that mention in here. I just want to say that you are in my thoughts and I wish you nothing but the best! Thanks again for all that you do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review as usual.  Glad you get to spend such amazing quality family time with your kids.  Hope your health issues improve, prayers to you.  I have been going through some crap this past 6 months, still trying to get all evaluated and so I know I am in the same boat, so to speak.  

The good news for me is that we canceled our cruise out of San Juan in Sept...because our son who lives in Houston has decided he wants to take a week off work and go on a cruise with us.  yeah!  So, we are doing the Vista again out of Galveston in Sept.  So incredibly happy!  Quality family time, I really need that right now.

So thanks again for the great cruise report!  Take care.  

 

robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review again.  I really want to do a cruise from San Juan, but man is it expensive to get there from California.  Someday.  I look forward to your next cruise and all you adventures.  Happy to hear your dog is good.  Dogs are part of the family and we can't imagine life without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mechomper said:

I really want to do a cruise from San Juan, but man is it expensive to get there from California. 

Yikes I hadn't thought of that! We have two cabins booked, so looking at paying for four or five people, although two or three may travel by car to Florida (from Utah) to extend their vacation.

 

Ours is not until Jan2021, so too soon to start looking for fares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, mitsugirly said:

Sabor

 

This was a paid restaurant and they serve Mexican food here. We didn't use it, but man did I want to. 

 

P1011138%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011139%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011140%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011142%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011141%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011143%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sailed on Freedom in May 2018 with my DD (a girls only get away).  We had tried Sabor on Oasis a few years earlier and left feeling "meh", but decided to give it another try on Freedom.  It had apparently been added sometime during a dry dock in 2017.  Gotta say...it was a totally different experience and vibe than our first experience.  We totally loved it...ordered a mix of foods so we could sample as much as possible.  It was delish and we left STUFFED.  Definitely will have it as a must dine the next time I sail with my DH.  Thank you for the pics and your review!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 7:44 PM, mitsugirly said:

DECK 4

 

Boleros

 

This area was popping during the cruise and it had a dance floor and a latin-theme. I was so mesmerized with the glass sculptures that every time I passed by there I think I was taking a picture. I really didn't take a picture of the area itself. LOL  OOPS

 

 

P1011127%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011119%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011120%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011121%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011126%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011128%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1032287%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A nice place to enjoy a beverage while people-watching the comings and goings of the Royal Promenade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, mitsugirly said:

I love the mushroom coral too. I have some in my tank and it just keeps multiplying. My clown fish host it (they think it's an anemone lol). I'm surprised they haven't died from the clown fish (Bobo & Gizmo) aggravating it all the time. LOL

 

How cool about the ship and your booze cruise. I would love to see what it looked like prior to the sinking. That is so neat!

 

Trust me...we weren't trying to be the last...it just happened and it was hilarious! 🙂

 

Loki is back to his normal happy spunky self. I don't know what we would have done if we had lost him. Sakari would be devastated! So sorry to hear about your cat. That has to be so hard to happen during a cruise. 

 

Thanks for the thoughts to the juju. I could really use it. 

 

Glad you enjoyed the review. I'm hoping to have many more in the future fingers crossed. 

You have mushroom coral in your tank at home?  How cool!!!  I love it!  Thank you about our cat, that was a tough one so the happy memories of Hawaii I wanted aren't the ones I have. 

 

I normally don't reply to start a chit chat session, I did tell you I had those pictures.  The quality isn't the best since they are scanned prints.  At the time, I took what would have been considered a large amount of film with me (still ended up buying 2 more rolls), so I only have 2 pics to share.  One is of the whole boat, right after we got off and the other is the best I could get from the interior to show the seating/stairs to the second level (there we 3 levels).  That pic was from where we were sitting, which was the bottom level, right side (starboard) & just a few tables back from the stairs.  The bar was just to the left of the stairs and I can't remember now if there was another bar on the middle level.  They actually took us out to a shipwreck to snorkel & there was a platform near the shipwreck that we could swim to and hang out on.  That was in Carlisle Bay, but at the time I had no idea where we were besides Barbados.  There was a rope swing off the left (port) side of it and that was a lot of fun.  We were trying to see how many people we could get on it before the weight of everyone got to be too much and we all dropped off.  Of course they had some great tunes playing. 

 

 

SCAN0316-2.jpg

SCAN0302-1.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, mitsugirly said:

Schooner Bar

 

This was a cocktail and piano bar. It was always crowded in the evenings as well.

 

 

P1011132%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011133%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011134%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011135%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011136%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

 

 

In the evenings, the Schooner Bar has more of a "piano lounge" feel...music, sing-a-long and such.  During the daytime/afternoons though, a lot of the trivia games/contests are held here.  People gather in groups/teams to compete...mostly for bragging rights.  Each contest lasts about 50-60min and has a designated theme...sports?  70s?  music?  etc.  Check your daily program for details, because it is different every day.  Definitely one of our favorite places to hang out.

Edited by SuzD123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 9:17 PM, mitsugirly said:

Cafe Promenade

 

This is where you could go to get food 24/7 (I believe). They had an assortment of cold sandwiches, pies, and cookies.

 

It was also a coffee shop. You could get free coffee or specialty coffee and espresso's for a price.

 

P1011079%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011080%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011081%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011082%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P1011083%20copy-L.jpg

 

P4272631%20copy-L.jpg

 

P4272632%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4272633%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4272634%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4272635%20copy-L.jpg

 

P4272637%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4272636%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We splurged and had the Deluxe Beverage package on our last sailing.  One of the perks includes specialty coffees so we took full advantage of it every morning.  What impressed me and never ceases to amaze me is how quickly the barrista(s) would recognize us and know our order before we even told them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

The layout is very similar to Liberty.  My in-laws stayed in one of those Promenade View rooms and said it was almost completely quiet even when there was a party below.  

Freedom, Independence, and Liberty are "sister ships" in the Freedom Class...all three (3) essentially the same with only slight differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for a great review. We sail on Freedom June 2 on the other itinerary. Your review prompted us to buy an underwater camera. I think our 7 year will love using it while snorkeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved it, again, thank you for your time! Going to go re-read you Magic review. We are on her in just over 2 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad you got to see the beautiful umbrellas in San Juan! We saw them when we were there in October.

Thanks for another wonderful review. I hope you can find an NCL cruise to take. 

Please take care of yourself;  I'm thinking about you and I hope to see you and your family cruising for years to come. 😊

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, mitsugirly said:

DECK 4

 

Boleros

 

This area was popping during the cruise and it had a dance floor and a latin-theme. I was so mesmerized with the glass sculptures that every time I passed by there I think I was taking a picture. I really didn't take a picture of the area itself. LOL  OOPS

P1011119%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011120%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1011121%20copy-L.jpg

 

P1032287%20copy-L.jpg

 

I am so excited that I will be sharing this with my brother, who is an amateur glass artist himself (doesn't have a kiln/oven, so nothing big like this). Also DB and SIL will love the latin-theme; they have taken salsa and other dance lessons. I foresee us spending most of our onboard time here!

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MITSUGIRLY, I tried to send you a message to ask this but the site won't let me send a message (weird). 

 

What model camera are you using for your underwater pics? Just curious. I have had great luck with multiple GoPros over the years but it would be nice to have another option if it's small enough.  Great review BTW...We will be on that same itinerary/ship in a few weeks. Thanks! 

Edited by Spike2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

A nice place to enjoy a beverage while people-watching the comings and goings of the Royal Promenade.

Doesn't the girl in the white sleeveless top at Boleros sipping a drink from a straw look like  Chrissy Metz from "This is Us"? I live in Sarasota, Fl. and ran into her last June shopping in Publix. Had a nice chat with her and her sister. They vacation every year on Siesta Key. Maybe this year they took a cruise. (If it was her)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spike2000 said:

MITSUGIRLY, I tried to send you a message to ask this but the site won't let me send a message (weird). 

 

What model camera are you using for your underwater pics? Just curious. I have had great luck with multiple GoPros over the years but it would be nice to have another option if it's small enough.  Great review BTW...We will be on that same itinerary/ship in a few weeks. Thanks! 

This is from the introduction to the review which she does every time:

 

CAMERAS:

 

I am constantly questioned about what type of camera's I use for my reviews. 

 

Several years ago I decided to purchase my first Olympus point-and-shoot camera (not by choice, but because I had one of my many "bloopers" with my Canon cameras). I have loved the Olympus since that purchase that we actually have quite a few of them. 

 

This entire review was shot with my Olympus Tough TG2 & a few with the 620. I take my model 620 & 830 along with me for back up because you never know what might happen and I would be devastated if I was without a camera. A few years ago, we also purchased Sakari her own camera (the 620 model) and she uses hers as well (which she managed to crack the screen on it during school camp last year so it's strictly a "land" camera now). 

 

I'm a photography FREAK! Always have been. I do have a DSLR with tons of equipment, lens, and so on, but I find that I just don't want to lug it around with me on a cruise...and of course, it's not waterproof. 

 

When I process my photo's, I do take it into PS (I have to get my watermark on there somehow) and I have an "action" that resizes the picture for a more appropriate posting size, and sharpens for web and I put my stamp on it. Every once in a while I'll get a really crappy picture that just needs something (like white balance) done to it and I really want to share it and I might white balance it. For the most part, I don't do much of anything...no one has time for all that with the thousands of pictures I take!

 

I take thousands of pictures on vacation and I do a lot of walking and snapping. Yes, I may get some outstanding photos and quality, but for every good picture I get, there may be 3 bad ones. You win some, you lose some. I've been known to stand in a spot and take 3-5 pictures of the same thing, using different settings on the camera, just to get what I'm looking for to share. That's just me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dang...yeah, I remember reading that a few days ago...Sorry! but thank you for reposing the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for another awesome review! I am so sorry to hear about your health and am thinking of you and your family. Just a thought for you. The Escape is headed to Bermuda this summer out of NYC. She is a beauty! The Gem is also headed that way out of Boston. You're right; Caribbean itineraries on NCL in the summer are not great. I always cruise in mid-late November, and I have gotten to some awesome places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, mitsugirly said:

Our Uber arrived first and off we went.

 

Like always, something always happens to Kendra and the first to arrive couldn't fit everyone. But she eventually made it.

 

Check in was simple and fairly quick at the Southwest counter. Since Kendra arrived so much later than us, we went ahead and got in the security line while she was in the line checking in her luggage. 

 

THE LINES WERE FOREVER LONG!!! It took forever. I kept reporting to her as we moved along and told her "You better hurry up. The lines are extremely long and they are taking forever!!!" Then I seen her, Billy and the kids, roll right up to security and immediately go in. UGH! Just like that. We still waited in line a good 20 more minutes and they were already in and on the tram and shopping on the other side. Go figure.... I guess it pays to be handicapped sometimes. 

 

We were all on the same flight this time. I immediately notice this in my seat....737 MAX 8!!! Yikes! But we were actually on the 737-800 thank goodness! Whew

 

 

P4292758%20copy-L.jpg

 

P4292759%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

Goodbye Puerto Rico....until we meet again! We love you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

P4292761%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4292764%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

P4292763%20copy-L.jpg

 

P4292766%20copy-L.jpg

 

 

 

As we were in the air...my son, Kolin, texted me to say that Sakari's husky, Loki, was sick and throwing up all of a sudden. He had gotten into some poison...weed kill. Oh no! We were in full panic mode all the way home. Loki is Sakari's best friend, it's all she talks about, it's all she draws most days, Loki is life!

 

Our flight was delayed about 1 hour and this only increased tension and worry. Kolin kept me updated along the way and sent pictures. He was starting to have blood in his vomit. 😞

 

When our plane landed, we ran to get our luggage and then ran to the shuttle stop, passing Kendra along the way and almost everything is a blur.

 

We raced to Kolins house, grabbed Loki (he was so weak he couldn't even walk or stand when we came in and let's be honest, he's a husky and they get excited easily) and immediately drove him to the vet hospital. He received IV fluids and several medications and we elected to take him home to monitor him.  He was so bad for 2 days...I honestly didn't think he was going to make it. Sakari swears one day when I was napping that he quit breathing and I woke up to her screaming and crying and shaking him and him not moving. I personally think that his breathing was so shallow that she just couldn't see it but daddy told her that she "saved his life". He finally pulled through it but it was so touch and go for a while. I don't know what would have happened if she has lost him. We would all be lost and we've had enough loss to last us for a long time in this family. After about a full week...he was back to his normal self.

 

Now who am I supposed to have dog sit when we vacation? I'm sure Sakari don't trust Kolin with Loki and Kolin don't want the responsibility now. Ugh!

 

But....that's the end of my review.

 

I hope everyone enjoyed it.

 

 

Up next....probably NCL. I have 2 cruise coupons that have to be used up before Feb 20, 2020....only 9 months from now and I have no idea what I'm going to use them on. I haven't sailed with them in some time because I got tired of the same old ports and find a better port selection on Carnival and RC. But, I guess I'll have to start looking again just to use these coupons up. I looks like no summer Aruba land vacation for us this year darn it. 

 

 

HAPPY CRUISING EVERYONE!

 

 

 

 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, mitsugirly said:

As we were in the air...my son, Kolin, texted me to say that Sakari's husky, Loki, was sick and throwing up all of a sudden. He had gotten into some poison...weed kill. Oh no! We were in full panic mode all the way home. Loki is Sakari's best friend, it's all she talks about, it's all she draws most days, Loki is life!

 

Our flight was delayed about 1 hour and this only increased tension and worry. Kolin kept me updated along the way and sent pictures. He was starting to have blood in his vomit. 😞

I have 2 fur babies myself. Why on earth didn't your son take your dog to the vet himself instead of waiting for you to get home? He knew it was poison. You are lucky the dog made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 1:52 PM, WisconsinFan said:

We were in the wall during the downpour, inside the gate. I have enjoyed your review. Thank you for doing it and allowing me to see some things we didn't see- even though we were on the same cruise. Below is the river that ran through the gate during the 30 minute or so downpour.

Inside the gate.jpg

 

 

Thanks for enjoying the review.

 

WOW...when you say "river" you meant it. I can see that happening since the entire street is slopped down to this area. That's crazy!

 

 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, bunnyette said:

 

Yes I do...Peter is 21 yrs old!  He’s like our child and I hate leaving him when we cruise.  This type of parrot is pretty independent...so a great choice for us.

 

 

Awww, that's so cool. I've always wanted one of those birds.

 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, perfect match said:

Kim, I know you love your beach time, but how about Alaska for the summer? I’m pretty sure NCL goes there. It would certainly be a different experience for you! 

 

If you want to deal with the cold water, I know that there are snorkeling options in Alaska. Scuba, too, but I’m not sure if they offer Discover Scuba. I also don’t know what ports because I haven’t looked recently and my bookmarks are only in my old tablet. Another option in AK might be dogsledding 

 

I hope Kolin has secured all of his weed poison and other toxic substances out of reach so no other dog - or kid - manages to get into them ever again! I’m sure Loki’s illness really scared Kolin, and there’s no way he would want to go through that again.

 

 

 

I had considered that too but super expensive of course and I haven't checked out the flights there yet. That's one thing that holds me back as well (the super long flights to be able to go to Hawaii or Alaska).

 

 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, Getting out there said:

I stayed at Hotel Milano and loved it. I had a room like yours, but with 1 double bed; no trouble with the mattress. Our room looked out the front of the hotel. I liked that the rooms are locked off from the elevator/stairs so people from the resturant can't get to the rooms.

 

Yea, ours wasn't too bad but Kendra's room looked terrible and old. It served our purpose of a stay for one night though.

 

 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:40 PM, BuzzBuzzen said:

I want to add my thanks for your awesome review , it's been a lot of fun. Take care and I hope for the best for you, Cheers, Buzz.

 

 

Thanks and glad you liked it.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:53 AM, friskat said:

I rarely if ever comment on your reviews, but I had to this time. Thank you for all of the effort that you put into sharing your cruises, your life and family with us. I've had some land vacations recently, so am cruising vicariously through you. I notice people are mentioning your health and I guess I missed that mention in here. I just want to say that you are in my thoughts and I wish you nothing but the best! Thanks again for all that you do!

 

Aww thanks so much for the comments. I appreciate it and glad you decided to comment.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, ABQrobin said:

Great review as usual.  Glad you get to spend such amazing quality family time with your kids.  Hope your health issues improve, prayers to you.  I have been going through some crap this past 6 months, still trying to get all evaluated and so I know I am in the same boat, so to speak.  

The good news for me is that we canceled our cruise out of San Juan in Sept...because our son who lives in Houston has decided he wants to take a week off work and go on a cruise with us.  yeah!  So, we are doing the Vista again out of Galveston in Sept.  So incredibly happy!  Quality family time, I really need that right now.

So thanks again for the great cruise report!  Take care.  

 

robin

 

Thanks so much Robin and same to you with what you are dealing with.

 

Glad to see you are happy about cruising the Vista again with your son. Quality family time is the greatest.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, mechomper said:

Great review again.  I really want to do a cruise from San Juan, but man is it expensive to get there from California.  Someday.  I look forward to your next cruise and all you adventures.  Happy to hear your dog is good.  Dogs are part of the family and we can't imagine life without them.

 

Oh gosh, I hadn't thought about the pricing from CA. Hopefully some day you'll get to try it. It's amazing.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 3:19 PM, crystalspin said:

Yikes I hadn't thought of that! We have two cabins booked, so looking at paying for four or five people, although two or three may travel by car to Florida (from Utah) to extend their vacation.

 

Ours is not until Jan2021, so too soon to start looking for fares.

I hope you have a wonderul cruise in 2021.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, SuzD123 said:

Sailed on Freedom in May 2018 with my DD (a girls only get away).  We had tried Sabor on Oasis a few years earlier and left feeling "meh", but decided to give it another try on Freedom.  It had apparently been added sometime during a dry dock in 2017.  Gotta say...it was a totally different experience and vibe than our first experience.  We totally loved it...ordered a mix of foods so we could sample as much as possible.  It was delish and we left STUFFED.  Definitely will have it as a must dine the next time I sail with my DH.  Thank you for the pics and your review!!

 

It sounds like a great place to eat. We considered it but ran out of time.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, SuzD123 said:

A nice place to enjoy a beverage while people-watching the comings and goings of the Royal Promenade.

 

Yea, it was the "happening" place to be with a lot of people watching going on there.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

You have mushroom coral in your tank at home?  How cool!!!  I love it!  Thank you about our cat, that was a tough one so the happy memories of Hawaii I wanted aren't the ones I have. 

 

I normally don't reply to start a chit chat session, I did tell you I had those pictures.  The quality isn't the best since they are scanned prints.  At the time, I took what would have been considered a large amount of film with me (still ended up buying 2 more rolls), so I only have 2 pics to share.  One is of the whole boat, right after we got off and the other is the best I could get from the interior to show the seating/stairs to the second level (there we 3 levels).  That pic was from where we were sitting, which was the bottom level, right side (starboard) & just a few tables back from the stairs.  The bar was just to the left of the stairs and I can't remember now if there was another bar on the middle level.  They actually took us out to a shipwreck to snorkel & there was a platform near the shipwreck that we could swim to and hang out on.  That was in Carlisle Bay, but at the time I had no idea where we were besides Barbados.  There was a rope swing off the left (port) side of it and that was a lot of fun.  We were trying to see how many people we could get on it before the weight of everyone got to be too much and we all dropped off.  Of course they had some great tunes playing. 

 

 

SCAN0316-2.jpg

SCAN0302-1.jpg

 

 

Yes, I have mushroom coral in my tank, along with other corals and anemones. It's pretty cool to see the multiply. One day you have 2 before you know it there's 10. LOL

 

So was this just like a ship that took people out for excursions while in Barbados? It looks like a ferry of some type. What's the name of it (like which of the 5 ships was it in the bay)? That's so cool to see it before and now after.

 

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, SuzD123 said:

In the evenings, the Schooner Bar has more of a "piano lounge" feel...music, sing-a-long and such.  During the daytime/afternoons though, a lot of the trivia games/contests are held here.  People gather in groups/teams to compete...mostly for bragging rights.  Each contest lasts about 50-60min and has a designated theme...sports?  70s?  music?  etc.  Check your daily program for details, because it is different every day.  Definitely one of our favorite places to hang out.

 

We did see that some of the times when passing it.

 

 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:57 PM, SuzD123 said:

We splurged and had the Deluxe Beverage package on our last sailing.  One of the perks includes specialty coffees so we took full advantage of it every morning.  What impressed me and never ceases to amaze me is how quickly the barrista(s) would recognize us and know our order before we even told them.

 

haha, don't you look it when they start to recognize you. The workers amaze me. So many people each day and cruise and it seems like they've known you forever after the second day.

 

 

On 5/21/2019 at 5:03 PM, SuzD123 said:

Freedom, Independence, and Liberty are "sister ships" in the Freedom Class...all three (3) essentially the same with only slight differences.

 

I'm definitely going to be checking out those ships for the future.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:56 PM, teachingforme said:

Thank you for a great review. We sail on Freedom June 2 on the other itinerary. Your review prompted us to buy an underwater camera. I think our 7 year will love using it while snorkeling.

 

You are welcome. I couldn't live without my cameras.

 

 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, bartzcrew said:

Loved it, again, thank you for your time! Going to go re-read you Magic review. We are on her in just over 2 weeks!

 

Thanks so much and have a great time on the Magic.

 

On 5/21/2019 at 11:26 PM, SenatorsFan said:

I'm so glad you got to see the beautiful umbrellas in San Juan! We saw them when we were there in October.

Thanks for another wonderful review. I hope you can find an NCL cruise to take. 

Please take care of yourself;  I'm thinking about you and I hope to see you and your family cruising for years to come. 😊

Heather

 

They were so pretty and it had been raining and I was afraid I wouldn't get good pictures of them. But, the sun finally came out by the time we got there.

Thanks for the comments Heather. I appreciate it.

 

On 5/22/2019 at 2:28 AM, crystalspin said:

 

I am so excited that I will be sharing this with my brother, who is an amateur glass artist himself (doesn't have a kiln/oven, so nothing big like this). Also DB and SIL will love the latin-theme; they have taken salsa and other dance lessons. I foresee us spending most of our onboard time here!

I

 

Oh how cool that your brother is a glass artist. He will love this. I've been on some NCL ships that have things like this on them as well. They are so pretty.

 

 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, Oakman said:

Doesn't the girl in the white sleeveless top at Boleros sipping a drink from a straw look like  Chrissy Metz from "This is Us"? I live in Sarasota, Fl. and ran into her last June shopping in Publix. Had a nice chat with her and her sister. They vacation every year on Siesta Key. Maybe this year they took a cruise. (If it was her)

 

I will have to look that person up. Never heard of them.

 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, Spike2000 said:

MITSUGIRLY, I tried to send you a message to ask this but the site won't let me send a message (weird). 

 

What model camera are you using for your underwater pics? Just curious. I have had great luck with multiple GoPros over the years but it would be nice to have another option if it's small enough.  Great review BTW...We will be on that same itinerary/ship in a few weeks. Thanks! 

 

This site does not allow messages being sent between members.

 

I see someone else pointed you in the direction of the camera info.

 

Have a great cruise on this itinerary in a few weeks. I love going to these islands.

 

 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, AKR2011 said:

Thank you so much for another awesome review! I am so sorry to hear about your health and am thinking of you and your family. Just a thought for you. The Escape is headed to Bermuda this summer out of NYC. She is a beauty! The Gem is also headed that way out of Boston. You're right; Caribbean itineraries on NCL in the summer are not great. I always cruise in mid-late November, and I have gotten to some awesome places.

 

You are welcome and thanks for commenting.

 

I have been looking at the Escape and Gem (since I have cruised so many of the NCL ships...managing to do so without repeating them, except the Epic, and my goal once was to cruise them all) and I have never been on the Gem or Escape. So those are probably my biggest contenders so far.

 

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

 

I have 2 fur babies myself. Why on earth didn't your son take your dog to the vet himself instead of waiting for you to get home? He knew it was poison. You are lucky the dog made it.

 

It was happening very late at night and he is unfamiliar with emergency vets. We only had text service so I couldn't look at up to tell him to take him to plus he had work at 4am in the morning and just got off vacation a few weeks ago and couldn't miss. He wouldn't have known what to do and knew we were supposed to be there within the hour (but our flight got delayed and he didn't know). We are very lucky he made it. It was touch and go for a few days. I mean even the er vet didn't do anything for him other than hydrate him and give him something to calm his stomach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are considering Alaska at all you may want to do a round trip out of Seattle. Airfare because it is roundtrip may be more affordable, and you wouldn't have as long of a flight, also consider going on shoulder season. May or early June. The Alaska cruise we did was 7 days out of Seattle and was the first part of June (just after our kids got out of school) only a week later and the rates went up significantly. It might have been a bit cool for some, but it wasn't much different than what we left in Wisconsin 🙂 We also chose round trip because the airfare was much more reasonable. This was in 2011, so things may have changed. Would love to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WisconsinFan said:

. This was in 2011, so things may have changed. 

The general recommendation you raised is still valid. Also, a minor point, but you might be able to get away without a passport with a sailing out of Settle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

 

 

 

Yes, I have mushroom coral in my tank, along with other corals and anemones. It's pretty cool to see the multiply. One day you have 2 before you know it there's 10. LOL

 

So was this just like a ship that took people out for excursions while in Barbados? It looks like a ferry of some type. What's the name of it (like which of the 5 ships was it in the bay)? That's so cool to see it before and now after.

 

 

 

 

I'll bet your tank is awesome!  They have some real nice tanks near the lobby of the Courtyard hotel we've stayed at when on our most recent cruises out of there, that have corals, anemones, and fish.  I was mesmerized by those.

Yes, it was a ship/boat that did the booze cruise excursion in Barbados.  We booked the tour through the cruise line.  I don't know if they used it for other excursions it or not.  The name of it is/was "Bajan Queen".  I guess I forgot to mention the name.  It DID look like a ferry boat, maybe it was at one time.  It was docked right in front of the building that the shopping area is at now (yellow buildings), so it was a fairly short walk to get to it from our ship.  It is cool to see it before and now after, but kind of sad.  At least we have great memories from it.

 

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...