18 months in the making! Symphony of the Seas 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Review!

10 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

I'm enjoying your review. Thanks for sharing! Also, my name is Nichole, too - with an H! I assume your wife has spent her life spelling her first name, just as I have. I very rarely run into people with the same spelling.

Hi! Thanks for following along! She says the same thing! When someone asks her name she always responds with Nichole with an H!

9 hours ago, Cruisin Around said:

Really enjoying your review!

Thanks and thank you for reading! Glad you're enjoying it.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Is there any place to get a hamburger/pizza beside the buffet?

There is Sorrento’s pizza on deck 5 promenade which serves up pretty good pizza and is open till 3am. Johnny Rockets is on deck 6 boardwalk and is a good place to grab a decent burger.

4 hours ago, Gwensel said:

Really enjoying your experiences and looking forward to sailing on the Symphony this September.

Thanks! She is a great ship and you will have a blast!

Day 3 Continued:

We got down to on air a little early and for the life of me, I can’t remember what was going on there before blankety blank. We noticed a lot of the secondary game shows were done at on air. Blankety blank, 60 seconds or less, the perfect couple (not to be confused with Love & Marriage) I make this observation because On Air is a bit smaller space than where they hold these shows on other ships.  Unfortunately due to the limited space, if you weren’t there early or there for the previous event, the place would be full. We usually arrived to find On air full with people standing in the entrances poking their heads in to watch. There was always something else going on so we’d just find something else to do!  Thinking about it, I don’t think there is another venue that they could host these shows so its probably why they host them there and have not adjusted it.

Just before blankety blank started, they asked for volunteers for the panel and I got selected to sit on the panel.  The concept of the show was the panel had to complete the blanks in a sentence and the contestants had to match as many of the panelists. The sentences for the most part were pretty tame and most were literal about them but I tried my best to make them as edgy as I could to keep the crowd laughing. Everyone had a good time.

Something we noticed on this sailing, (maybe I am just losing my edge or maybe it’s legit) but the schedule seemed to be set up for more late night entertainment on the SOTS. The secondary shows and other entertainment would be scheduled for like 9:30 or later. Like the hush party on night 2 being at midnight. I mean some stuff is always late, RED, Love & Marriage, Quest but other stuff just seemed later this time.  Everyone was having a blast and things were heavily attended, I was just beat!

We finished blankety blank and headed to the aqua theatre for our 10:30 Hiro reservation.

If you’ve been reading along and I hope that you have been, you know our favorite vacation destinations. We love Disney and Vegas! We love cruising too! Hiro was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The show was awesome! A martial arts themed show that is set to a very modern soundtrack.  The show can get cancelled due to weather and actually did one night on our sailing but if you do sail on SOTS, this is a can’t miss.

IMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.8459663471c64ea31804df2e6cb44b29.jpeg

441545784_IMG_02082.thumb.jpeg.38ee4e7bc6057226f176b12f6a3e052f.jpeg

IMG_0217.thumb.jpeg.4c909d6d1c143ff51c6b14b22ad2b414.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

Again, don't miss this show!!!

Edited by danp2482

Blown away from Hiro, we headed back to the room and found this guy waiting for us!

IMG_0224.thumb.jpeg.d02e0810adb9a2bfc782d35970336fe4.jpeg

I forgot to mention, not sure if this was the evening of day 2 or day 3 but we ran into the stowaway piano player! This time he was just inside the boardwalk on deck 6. You can find him all over the ship though. We also found him next to starbucks one afternoon. He was hilarious and talented! We hoped to find him in an elevator but since we never take them, we never found him in there! Here he is on deck 6!

IMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.61ffd68e8ade641b0bfa98ce2ef828f1.jpeg

Day 4, our first port day in St. Kitts coming up!

Day 4:

St Kitts

A new day! I was starting to get used to the hard bed. Either that or all the amazing fun we were having was knocking me out each night.  Today we’d be porting in St Kitts. We were very excited to be heading into this port as we had missed it 2 years ago when Allure had its Azipod issues and the major hurricanes hit.

Since we’d be getting off the ship, no workouts for us today. We decided the night before to order continental breakfast via room service so we could just eat and then head off the ship.  I managed to drag Nichole out of bed to go down to cafe promenade for coffee and she even paid Levy a visit at vitality cafe for her special juice.  I also headed over to the park cafe real quick for a breakfast panini because I wasn’t feeling just continental breakfast. We got back to the room and room service arrived. It was as good as continental breakfast could be, but it served its purpose. We had breakfast out on our balcony over looking the park and did some people watching. We finished up breakfast and headed down to the gangway.

We were booked on the Catamaran Fan-ta-Sea to Nevis with Snorkel and Beach break.  Being unfamiliar with St Kitts, we booked through Royal.  We had our tickets which told us which zone to meet when getting off the ship. We exited and headed down the pier to the meeting spot.

P4300217.thumb.JPG.7a7ed0b40826643df80d314d6a9f09f1.JPG

P4300218.thumb.JPG.10b5659a7e86d50f2093faf2b36a1d01.JPG

The excursion meet up was a zoo. The celebrity Summit was also in port at the same time and the passengers from that ship were meeting their excursions as well.  The process seemed a bit disorganized but once we knew we were in the right place and with others that had our excursion, it was all good.  We waited for everyone to arrive and then walked through the port to the Catamaran. It was a short walk maybe about 5 minutes.

We got to the catamaran, met the crew and climbed aboard. When we first got to the boat I was thinking, there is no way all these people will fit comfortably on that thing! I was wrong, the cat was actually very spacious and more modern than I was used to for these types of excursions. The crew gave us a safety briefing, discussed the plan for the day and we were off. We headed out of the marina and passed by the beauty we’d been sailing on the past few days.

P4300224.thumb.JPG.d6236c681b65cb7e875ad4a38271cee9.JPG

P4300225.thumb.JPG.4cfd5940c734ec012a93592b79480132.JPG

A look at her next to the Summit just puts things into perspective as to how big she really is.

P4300228.thumb.JPG.4ca68f1f7cb2e348076c517a7bfc1468.JPG

P4300230.thumb.JPG.5c02044b81d9a58d46214187289a81d6.JPG

We sailed off in the direction of Nevis to what would end up being the snorkel location. As I mentioned earlier, each day we had some decent winds. This day was no exception. Unlike other catamaran excursions I had been on, we actually sailed to each location! It was a beautiful sail to the snorkel spot.

P4300231.thumb.JPG.dc9906759f1b4c6f85a9f3cc4dbdc06a.JPG

Day 4 continued:

Once we got to the snorkel location, the crew gave a quick presentation and talk about the snorkel gear and a few quick rules for snorkeling and then let us all into the water.  Nichole felt the water was a bit cooler than she expected but coming from the northeast, this water was not cold at all.  We swam around and did see some fish but I couldn’t say that the snorkeling was amazing or even great.  The visibility was fine and the water conditions were good too there just wasn’t that many fish to see.  The crew or excursion can’t be blamed for that though and we still had fun!

P4300248.thumb.JPG.cba665a720d3d06ed0841ebbcb5a83d2.JPG

P4300243.thumb.JPG.1e04e83ab6bbc944907c0e48dab9bf69.JPG

P4300250.thumb.JPG.67f19b0458a855e46424985910d165b0.JPG

P4300256.thumb.JPG.b57566fb0c45bc4daaa98f886470a0d7.JPG

Once time was up for snorkeling, the crew called us back to the boat and served lunch as we headed for Nevis.  Lunch was pasta salad, chicken curry, chips and some type of sweet bread which was all very good. Now that the snorkeling was done, the bar was officially open as well and the crew served up as much rum punch and beer as our hearts desired. The sail to Nevis was also another beautiful sail and the weather was beautiful.

P4300266.thumb.JPG.d52c560295e50592775fed1c9bf1b18d.JPG

We arrived in Nevis where we'd be spending the next hour.  It was a beautiful beach area and which was very close to the Four Seasons Nevis.

P4300268.thumb.JPG.13c6e42ed1e671766674ce6acbee60c6.JPG

P4300271.thumb.JPG.4a1a53acff3cb1bacb6e181e90351b3d.JPG

P4300273.thumb.JPG.3c114f979f679b5db0bd1ebfbd49636d.JPG

Edited by danp2482

Day 4 Continued:

After an hour or so on the beach in Nevis, it was time to board the catamaran again for the sail back to port.  The sail back was awesome, the crew had a great party playlist set up and a lot of people were feeling pretty good. It was basically one non stop party from Nevis all the way back to the port. Everyone had a blast! The crew was awesome, the catamaran was awesome and the excursion was a great time. I would highly recommend it.

P4300290.thumb.JPG.7c63fb54399a1a884c23d6efc7886c2a.JPG

P4300291.thumb.JPG.8786805c0fba5f6566db5cbeb1b14faa.JPG

Once we got back to port, we poked in and out of the shops for a few things.  The port had a lot of shops and things to offer. I am positive that we only saw a fraction of it. The other great thing was that there was no pressure from anyone in any of the shops. Everyone was very helpful but we didn't feel hounded to buy or go into any shop.  After grabbing a few small things, we headed back to the ship.

Once back on the ship, we stopped off at the promenade. We were both hot and a little hungry.  We saw that the bionic bar was open and only had a 3 minute wait for a drink (or so we thought) so we headed over.  Ever since they started putting the bionic bars on the ships I've been saying they're a fad thing.  I was disappointed that they put the bionic bar on symphony instead of the champagne/martini bar like the Allure.  We sat at the table and got an iPad, we both ordered a drink and watched as the robotic arm created drink after drink.  I've heard these machines are very finicky and breakdown often, in fact I think only one arm worked our entire cruise.  Just as my creation was about to be prepared, the attendant paused the machine, replaced a bottle, did a quick clean and then the machine started again.  My drink was created, I scanned my sea pass to collect it and then Nicholes drink was mixed. All and all the experience prob took 25 mins as opposed to the 3 we thought it would take.  The drinks were ok. I mean we drank them and didn't toss them but we could've gotten the same from a real bartender with about 22 minutes to spare. At least we tried it out though! My opinion on Bionic Bar stands, it's kind of a fad, once you do it, you're good with it and we didn't go back. Everything is an experience though so don't let me deter you!

Now that we had our drinks, we headed over to grab some pizza at Sorentos. The pizza here was very good all week. I've read people saying the pizza has gotten and upgrade but I've thought Sorentos pizza was good since my first royal cruise 2 years ago and we have high pizza standards coming from the northeast!

We finished our pizza and headed up to the solarium to see our favorite bar crew!

Day 4 continued:

After a few drinks up at the solarium, Nichole remembered that I had challenged her to the shuffleboard table in Playmakers, well I didn’t challenge so much as I said I would beat her… and this is why she says games with me aren’t fun! Well as you can probably figure, I beat her. I don’t try to beat her or anything but I usually do. In fact I think it’s the fact that I win without trying that really makes her annoyed.  I never gloat about a win though because that would be a bad choice.  We headed back to the room to get ready. 150 Park scheduled for dinner!

We got ready for dinner early and decided to grab a pre dinner drink at Wonderland. I know I was disappointed there on night 2 but as I mentioned, I figured maybe it was just timing and the bar tenders were starting to get things in order to close up.  Knowing I got a premixed drink the other night, I figured I would order off menu.  I had seen a menu from a wonderland martini tasting here on CC and took a screenshot.  We both ordered from that and the bartender there didn’t have any questions. I ordered a mango martini and Nichole ordered black berry martini.

IMG_0225.thumb.jpeg.06c8a65aaa7718a0459f9109b3c81f20.jpeg

Both were great! I guess the catch was to order off menu.  The martinis were great. We finished up and headed up to central park for dinner.

Dinner at 150 park was great! The menu had changed a little since we were on the Allure (as one would expect since it was 2 years ago). We were sad they no longer offer the 6 salts for the bread but other than that the meal was amazing! I was surprised again at how slow the restaurant was. There were tons of open tables and not many people came in when we were dining.

Nichole ordered pumpkin bisque for her appetizer and the peanut butter chocolate tart for dessert. I had the beef short rib for my appetizer and fried cheesecake for dessert. We both shared the Beef tenderloin for 2 and an order of lobster thermidor.

1217397946_IMG_02262.thumb.jpeg.f5b548a774f6d950dc0170e3d90212f3.jpeg

IMG_0227.thumb.jpeg.b5a3ebaacf80a48b68e285798b15b7a4.jpeg

The entire meal was wonderful. Great service, great wine and delicious food. There was some kind of drama at the table behind us that required a plain clothes concierge or manage to come and address but it had no effect on our meal or experience.

Day 4 Continued:

We finished up dinner and headed down to the promenade for the 80s party! This being one of the signature parties, the promenade was packed. There was a stage set up on the promenade level in front of the rising tide bar. The rising tide was booked for a private party and there were only 5-8 people on it. The DJ was also set up on the rising tide bar and was playing 80s music to hype the crowd. The 80s party started and mike our cruise director showed up in an a full 80s outfit (wont spoil it for those who will be sailing soon) Nichole was watching one of the activities staff do the choreography and then begin joining along! I think this girl has been to too many RCI 80s parties! The crowd was having a blast and the party was a good time.  Things wrapped up and it was almost time for RED the nightclub experience.

Nichole and I were excited for RED, another signature party for RCI.  Me dabbling in DJing, Nichole and I enjoying nightclubs (we’ve been to some of the best, being frequent Vegas visitors) and both of us being huge dance music fans, this was one party we wanted to do for sure.  We missed this on Mariner back in Feb because we were too tired so we made sure we were good to go!  Nichole even planned an outfit for the night they were supposed to hold RED but scheduling changes messed that up a bit.

We got down to studio B and scanned our sea passes. When we got into studio B I was initially impressed.  We were early and it was only a small crowd but that’s to be expected when a club first opens as well. They were certainly using the studio B lighting, technology and sound system to the fullest to created a great night club experience.  There was a huge makeshift bar set up with 6 or 7 bar tenders ready to go.  The crowd was mixed, some people were in cruise attire others were in club (party dresses, stilettos etc…)

The venue set up, prep and crowd looked great but there was one thing lacking.  A decent DJ.  I know my opinion is a bit more critical (I occasionally DJ myself, I’ve been to some great nightclubs and I’m a dance music fan) but a good DJ is one thing I hope for when I board a cruise ship.  The 2 DJs on the Symphony during our sailing were kind of bad. Its obviously opinion but not mine alone. I overheard many others mention it over the week too.  Song transitions were horribly bad and song choices, genres and programing didn’t match which interrupted flow and crowd energy. This wasn’t the house DJ either, it was the “celebrity DJ” or the person that they brought onto the ship to specifically DJ and DJ only.  This is the newest Royal ship and the entertainment was first class. I didn’t expect superstar DJs or anything but I did expect halfway decent. I wondered a few times how the DJs on this sailing got these gigs.

We were getting tired. If the DJ were decent, we would have rallied but since that wasn’t the case. The entire concept of RED is awesome and we’ll try it out again next cruise. It’s the type of event that the DJ can make or break.This wouldn’t be the last time on the cruise that the DJs disappointed.

We headed to the room and found a new friend!

IMG_0230.thumb.jpeg.1d589441c7ad3c01403151296e0afb23.jpeg

Day 5:

St Thomas

1415661951_Day5.thumb.jpg.bb81be1010f79f839953582abbf5c829.jpg1956606245_Day55.thumb.jpg.a973df3486ca1aee0f2a52c98d0a4063.jpg

We’ve been trying to get back to St Thomas since our first visit in 2015. We were supposed to be back there in 2017 but our cruise ports changed due to the devastation of the hurricanes.  During our 2015 visit we pretty much had a prefect day and we were hopeful that this day would be just as good!

This morning the excursion was starting about 45 minutes after gangways opened. Since we could see it from our balcony, Nichole thought we would bring park cafe back to our balcony for breakfast and people watch as we got ready to get off the ship. As I mentioned, park cafe became my breakfast go to! We did head down to cafe promenade for coffee and vitality cafe for juice. I am not sure if I mentioned it before but it amazed me how much this ship and sailing was a late riser. There were very few people up and about even on a port day.  We grabbed our coffees, juice, breakfast and headed to our balcony. We finished up breakfast and headed off the ship.  Awhile back but not before 2015, we started collecting T shirts of every place we visit together. When we have enough, we’re going to make a blanket and continue to add to it. We wanted to get off early to grab a T shirt because our excursion lasted the entire time in port. We noticed that we were ported at the other pier and not the main pier.  There was only a small port area with limited shopping options and most were not open yet as it was around 8:15.  We noticed that even once things were open, there wouldn't be many options and what was there was pricey for what it was. We looked around a bit but with not everything being open yet, we didn't want to buy something just to buy it. We figured we'd take the chance and try and get it when we got back from the excursion.

P5010299.thumb.JPG.198bcb58e572aab81e78596225e523f8.JPG

P5010301.thumb.JPG.0372b8c59815626992f44d6cad12b00b.JPG

Day 5 Continued:

When we were in St Thomas back in 2015, we did an awesome Catamaran excursion through DCL. When we planned on returning in 2017 with RCI we found out that the company that does the excursion does not allow you to book privately and you need to book through the cruise line you’re traveling with. We booked the Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves with RCI but never made it to St Thomas. When we booked excursions for this cruise, we knew we wanted to try and book it again.  We were successful and as an added bonus our friends that we met on board booked it on board at our urging.

We met just outside the port gate and were led to our catamaran.  This cat was a little tighter and just a bit older but also had less people so it worked out.  We set out for Christmas cove. We had a great crew. They started out with a safety briefing and then gave us lots of information about the island including some of the unfortunate stuff that happened during the hurricanes.  The seas were a bit rough on the way to the cove.  According to the crew the winds this time of year are very normal. They're actually called the Christmas winds and span from Spain down to Puerto Rico and sailors used to use these winds to travel.

P5010304.thumb.JPG.80bf742f0d6fdddf3790f9e5620e2436.JPG

During the cruise over to Christmas cove, the crew handed out snorkel gear (we bring our own but they were nice to offer defogger for our masks) and gave a safety briefing.  They also informed us that they’d be leading 2 guided tours of the snorkel site but we were free to go on our own if we’d like.  Finally they went over the rules about touching or taking things from the ocean.  We arrived at the cove and began our snorkel time. We decided to take the guided tour because they'd be familiar with the location and know where and what to look at.  Tons of fish, a sea turtle and a ship wreck. We'd hope to see the octopus they talked about but no luck!

P5010314.thumb.JPG.66c1d39ddf31ab4c005543db7b81584e.JPG 

P5010323.thumb.JPG.c79a354c38a3050b7d262de737f1cd5f.JPG

P5010326.thumb.JPG.41700c6ccc9291e06b077e15e667d43f.JPG P5010331.thumb.JPG.5aeea94800b15417fe6804293f1127b3.JPG

P5010333.thumb.JPG.cd8b66ca915078b3e198a17e3b519e13.JPG

P5010337.thumb.JPG.8864c6a5458bb3b5f361d445412f0679.JPG

Way better snorkel experience in St Thomas vs St Kitts! Before we knew it, time was up and we were heading back to the cat for our sail to honeymoon beach.

Edited by danp2482

Day 5 Continued:

We were headed for honeymoon back. Named that way for its picturesque setting and the fact that it can only be reached by boat.  We’d be heading there for about 90 mins I think. We actually had to sail all the way back to the ship and just past it to the cove. The bar was open with plenty of rum punch and soft drinks during the sail.

P5010348.thumb.JPG.7302d8a3c6f5924b40a92cbe32b4b66a.JPG

When we arrived, they had a BBQ buffet lunch waiting for us which was very good. They also informed us that there would be some decent snorkeling in the swimming area of honeymoon beach.  The crew mentioned sea turtles and other life have been hanging out there so after lunch we headed out to snorkel.  We met up with a few sea turtles and some fish. Others mentioned seeing a stingray but we missed him.

P5010350.thumb.JPG.e0f3e37fe12a911ac125bafa16d689e4.JPG

P5010352.thumb.JPG.5d68a72b3fa62316e005c81b17d5bb12.JPG

P5010358.thumb.JPG.c0cd1a3e44465c66267213bd30f78a26.JPG

We finished up snorkeling and went for a walk down the beach before heading back to the cat for the ride back to the port.

P5010367.thumb.JPG.eff725040df0296df03d94698570306d.JPG

Once we got back to port a few more stores were open and we found what we needed. We had another great day in St Thomas and headed back to the ship.

P5010346.JPG

Great review so far. We’re sailing the same itinerary on Symphony next April. We booked 16 months in advance and the time is just dragging! Looking forward to the rest of your review. Oh, and I agree, I really wish they would have kept the Champagne Bar, it was our favorite place for dessert (Tiramisu and Chocolate Martinis) on our Oasis cruise this past December. I have no desire at all to visit the Bionic Bar...

10 minutes ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

Great review so far. We’re sailing the same itinerary on Symphony next April. We booked 16 months in advance and the time is just dragging! Looking forward to the rest of your review. Oh, and I agree, I really wish they would have kept the Champagne Bar, it was our favorite place for dessert (Tiramisu and Chocolate Martinis) on our Oasis cruise this past December. I have no desire at all to visit the Bionic Bar...

Thanks for reading! It's amazing how looking forward to a cruise can slow time down!!

Day 5 Continued:

We got back on the ship and again made a stop on the promenade. We were both hungry for a small snack and obviously thirsty. We skipped bionic bar this time and headed to Sorentos for pizza. After grabbing slices we sat down at the pub across the hall and a waiter came offer to take a drink order. We finished up there and we headed up to the solarium to meet our friends and also our favorite bartenders! We had a few drinks and sailed away from St Thomas. We then decided now was as good time to try out the waterslides.

We all headed for the waterslides. There are 3 on Symphony, yellow, blue and the toilet bowl. The toilet bowl one was the absolute best. We kept going back and the lifeguard was giving us tips on how to make more rotations in the bowl.  I made it 3 and I think he said the record was 7. No way I was making that so I moved on to the other slides. We all took a few more runs and then headed back to the solarium.  Light to no lines the entire time we were riding.

I think we had one more drink and then we headed down to the room to get ready for dinner.

Dinner on night 5 was MDR. When we arrived we requested the same server from night 3. They informed us that her smallest table was 4 but they could put us at a table for 2 that bordered her section so she could serve us.  We weren’t fussy but they insisted.  Unfortunately I think it actually worked against us. We waited about 10-15 mins when we first got there for someone to come to us. I think they told the server who usually takes the table that the other server would be taking care of us but then no one told her. An assistant server came and took drink orders and then our server from night 3 did come over.  This was the last time we saw her though. It wasn’t her fault, they tried to accommodate us but I think it may have overloaded her.

We both ordered coconut shrimp for appetizer which was good! My Caesar salad got missed. I had the spaghetti for dinner and wanna bread pudding for dessert, both were excellent. Nichole had roasted turkey and pavlova which were both good! We were trying to arrive early for our 8:30 reservation for 1977 so we finished up and headed to studio B.

We got to studio B about 20 minutes early and checked in. When we went inside studio B, it was packed! There literally wasn’t 2 seats next to each other in the entire venue.  I could see others having the same issue and they were way more upset than I was. I think I was more confused. Keep in mind, this is 20 minutes before showtime and non reservation guests are not let in yet.

I caught an activities staff member and even he looks frazzled. I informed him that I had reservations and couldn’t find a seat. He solemnly told me that this is the first showing for this sailing and that suite guests don’t need reservations to enter. They’re just allowed to show up and are let in.  Because they allow this and there is no way to know how many will show up for a show, they can’t anticipate if they’ll have seating issues or not.  I asked if he could rebook me for another time and he initially tried to blow us off. Saying that we could make new reservations in the morning. I explained that I had reservations now but can’t find a seat and don’t want to take time out of my day to make new reservations. He understood and grabbed a tablet. He rebooked us for night 7.

Now we had some free time. We left studio B and as we did we, could see that a comedy show was starting in the theatre. It was the family show of the comics that have been on ship all week.  I am so glad we stumbled upon this show! They were both hilarious. I mean we were seriously belly laughing for like 50 minutes. The show let out and we headed to rising tide for a drink.

We finished up at rising tide and we headed through Central Park back to the theatre for the Love and Marriage game show.

IMG_0234.thumb.jpeg.4752b2eab1d64227f9a6b2f501aaefa7.jpeg

The Love and Marriage show can be hit or miss depending on the contestants! This one was definitely a hit. The show was hilarious and the winning couple was married for 49 years!

We headed to the solarium for the white party. When we arrived, there was a line to get in! I thought it was a good sign! I was also impressed by our fellow cruisers and how many got into the theme wearing white! We got into the party and it was busy! People seemed like they were having fun!

IMG_0237.thumb.jpeg.3985f5f8946f6609e9a647b94712fa32.jpeg

Unfortunately the same DJ was playing that was in RED the other night. His performance was plagued by the same issues as the night before.  Plenty of people having fun but we didn’t stay long.  We headed back to the room and had another little friend to meet!

IMG_0239.thumb.jpeg.c0848a4b0123a6cf806c75c751254627.jpeg

Day 6:

Sea Day

544542802_Day6.thumb.jpg.65d794c88e184d421023f5090995ca61.jpg 934046765_Day66.thumb.jpg.cf1e69a71a3a08456d29876073a3ab8c.jpg

It was our final sea day and I really wanted to grab one of those daybeds in the solarium. I elected to get up early, skip the workout and go to the solarium to grab a bed.  Nichole said she was going to workout and she would meet me when she finished.  I got up to the solarium at 7:10 and all but one of the daybeds was taken! Guess you have to be a real early riser to get one of these things! The beds were occupied too, no chair hogs. People actually laying in them! I was very surprised.

They are huge and very comfortable!

P5020378.thumb.JPG.1a4c5b1707de381a3a382420b67cc0c4.JPG

Nichole finished up her workout and wanted some breakfast. I do my absolute best to not be a chair hog and use any chair that I claim so we stayed close and went to the solarium bistro for breakfast.  We had a great breakfast there.  Some of the same offerings as the WJ but some healthier stuff too. They also had an omelet station.  Again, this was a great alternative to WJ because it had great offerings but none of the chaos of the WJ.

We finished our breakfast and headed back to the bed. We stopped off and saw Roman at the solarium bar who said "I'll start you off slow today.

P5020382.thumb.JPG.0417a6f03ffe6fe7cd9c979616fa84e6.JPG

We spent a good amount of our day at the pool again. As I mentioned previously, there just didn't seem to be as many activities that interested us on this cruise.  It was fine though. We had a great day drinking and hanging in the solarium with our ship friends.  It appeared everyone was trying to make the most of their last sea day.

A little after the lunchtime rush we headed to...you guessed it El Loco fresh.  Yup! Still good! We had lunch there and headed back to the solarium again for more pool time.  We had the Caymus wine tasting at 4pm so we headed to the room a bit early to change out of our swimsuits.  We didn't think there was a dress code but the tasting was in vintages so we dint want to show up in our suits.  We got changed and headed down.

We arrived at Vintages and met a few other guests. The sommeliers then showed us to our seats and the tasting began.

IMG_0245.thumb.jpeg.cdf550b3e2014aad7883bd464b403a81.jpeg

IMG_0246.thumb.jpeg.bbef03b65b7562939bdd39dd80619425.jpeg

IMG_0240.thumb.jpeg.ea699bf0373d39b535baac2e8324cd9f.jpeg

IMG_0242.thumb.jpeg.0b4fad3a006cb6965ad504041c99fe47.jpeg

The sommelier was extremely knowledgeable about these wines and very passionate about them too. With his guidance we paired the wines with meats and cheeses. They were all amazing! The tasting was a great experience and definitely a luxury.  It was just under $60 a person but the Caymus special reserve goes for $224 a bottle on the ship or about $90 at home so it was fun to try some more expensive wines.  There were a few place settings that no showed and we hopped to get their wine but no luck. I guess it has to be recorded as waste. Thats exactly what it was. A waste of good wine! We were able to purchase full glasses of all of the wines except the special reserve. We got another glass and hung out at vintages for a bit, chatting with others that decided to stay for another glass as well.

1 hour ago, danp2482 said:

Day 6:

Sea Day 

It was our final sea day and I really wanted to grab one of those daybeds in the solarium. I elected to get up early, skip the workout and go to the solarium to grab a bed.  Nichole said she was going to workout and she would meet me when she finished.  I got up to the solarium at 7:10 and all but one of the daybeds was taken! Guess you have to be a real early riser to get one of these things! The beds were occupied too, no chair hogs. People actually laying in them! I was very surprised.

They are huge and very comfortable!

Nichole finished up her workout and wanted some breakfast. I do my absolute best to not be a chair hog and use any chair that I claim so we stayed close and went to the solarium bistro for breakfast.  We had a great breakfast there.  Some of the same offerings as the WJ but some healthier stuff too. They also had an omelet station.  Again, this was a great alternative to WJ because it had great offerings but none of the chaos of the WJ.

We finished our breakfast and headed back to the bed. We stopped off and saw Roman at the solarium bar who said "I'll start you off slow today.

P5020382.thumb.JPG.0417a6f03ffe6fe7cd9c979616fa84e6.JPG

We spent a good amount of our day at the pool again. As I mentioned previously, there just didn't seem to be as many activities that interested us on this cruise.  It was fine though. We had a great day drinking and hanging in the solarium with our ship friends.  It appeared everyone was trying to make the most of their last sea day.

A little after the lunchtime rush we headed to...you guessed it El Loco fresh.  Yup! Still good! We had lunch there and headed back to the solarium again for more pool time.  We had the Caymus wine tasting at 4pm so we headed to the room a bit early to change out of our swimsuits.  We didn't think there was a dress code but the tasting was in vintages so we dint want to show up in our suits.  We got changed and headed down.

We arrived at Vintages and met a few other guests. The sommeliers then showed us to our seats and the tasting began.

The sommelier was extremely knowledgeable about these wines and very passionate about them too. With his guidance we paired the wines with meats and cheeses. They were all amazing! The tasting was a great experience and definitely a luxury.  It was just under $60 a person but the Caymus special reserve goes for $224 a bottle on the ship or about $90 at home so it was fun to try some more expensive wines.  There were a few place settings that no showed and we hopped to get their wine but no luck. I guess it has to be recorded as waste. Thats exactly what it was. A waste of good wine! We were able to purchase full glasses of all of the wines except the special reserve. We got another glass and hung out at vintages for a bit, chatting with others that decided to stay for another glass as well.

That frozen drink looks delicious. What was it? Thanks