Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

looks like the Escape left NY late today - according to the webcam they just passed the Verrazano. Anyone have any ideas why it was late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

looks like the Escape left NY late today - according to the webcam they just passed the Verrazano. Anyone have any ideas why it was late?

From what is being posted-- rough weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

From what is being posted-- rough weather.

ahh thanks!! I hadn't seen any posts (usually there are tons) thought something like that, appreciate you responding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

From what is being posted-- rough weather.

Where did you see the posts. I thought maybe due to tide schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We left at 630pm because of the fog. We hugged the coast to Virginia Beach and then east to Bermuda. We headed back the normal way. Only problem was having to pay taxes on your “ free” drink package until we left port.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, tumblew467 said:

Where did you see the posts. I thought maybe due to tide schedule.

 

FaceBook.  Not advertising; just sharing as a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

weather was probably not so good coming that may have slowed things uo

weather looks no better on the outbound, I will be on 

this ship next sailing...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shout19661966 said:

We left at 630pm because of the fog. We hugged the coast to Virginia Beach and then east to Bermuda. We headed back the normal way. Only problem was having to pay taxes on your “ free” drink package until we left port.  

You pay taxes in Fla. also while in port, not that big of a deal. We had a cruise switched to a 7 p.m. sailing a few years ago. Was still able to board around 11:30.

Our taxes amounted to 12.00 for the 2 of us. Certainly didn't consider it a "problem". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We took 3 cruises out of nyc in the last 7 months, 2 of the cruises we left nyc late.  my experience along with info from different threads suggest this is not all that unusual for nyc.  Due to either late arriving ships due to weather or late departing ships due to weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, GOODIES said:

weather was probably not so good coming that may have slowed things uo

weather looks no better on the outbound, I will be on 

this ship next sailing...

 

 

The first day of the cruise is "chilly".  I just went a couple of weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...