Personal property while on Cococay

I cruise a lot but I’m not a beach person.  However, Cococay looks great and I’m planning to spend some time in the pool and possibly the ocean.  What do you do with your personal stuff when you’re in the water?  What about your seapass card?  I know they have a swim up bar and you’ll need your card to purchase it.  Any info would be helpful.

Does anyone have personal experience with leaving your backpack, personal property on your beach chair while in the pool?  How safe is that - any experience?  Last time we were inCocoa Cay we were in sight of our “stuff” from the beach.  

On CocoCay they have lockers for rent.

And the rental is portable.  So you can use one by the sea kayak place, then take your stuff out, and use one by the wave runner place.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Getting out there said:

If just need room for the basics get a waterproof bag that you wear around your neck

Something like this is what I plan on getting. One that I can strap around my neck and just let float on the water

Annotation 2019-05-06 113018.jpg

1 hour ago, SRF said:

On CocoCay they have lockers for rent.

And the rental is portable.  So you can use one by the sea kayak place, then take your stuff out, and use one by the wave runner place.

SRF - do you recall how much the locker rentals are? How big are they?

Thanks

This is my favorite bag for the beach and works great for leaving valuables attached to your chair or an umbrella or even in your cabin for added security.  The bag is not cheap, but packs easily in your luggage when traveling and is nearly impossible to break into!

Mine can fit a full size Ipad, a couple phones and passports with a little space left over.  I upgraded the lock to a slightly more robust one that it came with 😃 This bag has paid for itself and is Worth every penny...especially when we were in Dominican this year!

pacsafe.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hmmmm.....well.....I don't really care if my seapass card gets stolen...and camera's are replaceable. 

I supposed what I'm saying is....I've been to CocoCay twice and never had a second though, just left it all on the beach and went swimming with the family.

I would imagine it wouldn't be any different than any other regular beach trip. I always leave our stuff close to shore when at any beach and keep it in eye range the entire time. Would never leave my stuff and go walk off, however.

19 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Hmmmm.....well.....I don't really care if my seapass card gets stolen...and camera's are replaceable. 

I supposed what I'm saying is....I've been to CocoCay twice and never had a second though, just left it all on the beach and went swimming with the family.

I am sure I am just too trusting and for this 'native New Yorker' that is weird.  I don't bring a lot of stuff with me to the private islands.  I need my seapass card for sure....I don't really need cash there, since  I won't be shopping in the marketplace.   Would I leave my stuff 'out in the open on the lounge chair' -- NO.  the few things I bring I put in one of the  towels (brought from ship and put under lounge chair along with small beach bag for my snorkel stuff and sunscreen.   Off to water I go.    

Like you, I have been to the private islands many times.  I just don't stress it, I guess.

21 hours ago, amyb4life said:

SRF - do you recall how much the locker rentals are? How big are they?

Thanks

I don't remember how much, they were big enough to fit two towels and two backpacks.  With some pushing and shoving. 🙂

• Like 1

I would NOT trust one of those sleeves in the water with my phone that costs $1,000 to replace .  We store our phones and stuff in one of these. Is water resistant and will survive a short rainshower or longer if you put a folded towel over it.

https://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Tether-Medium-VZ00724/dp/B00P45FXGW/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=beach+safe+with+cable&qid=1557247429&s=gateway&sr=8-13

If you get one of the sleeves, put some paper in it, and submerge it in the water for an hour or two.  They are not tested at the factory.

They do work well.

I used a fanny/bum pack one, that has 3 ziplock seals, then the top rolls and is secured.  It has not leaked.  It is designed for divers.