Just off Sunrise

beacha

7 minutes ago, beacha said:

We were on the inaugural sailing. I will write a review for this trip, but will answer any questions you might have while my memory is fresh.

Looking forward to your review but here’s a couple questions that don’t always get addressed. 

Do the balcony cabins have a refrigerator? Heard they did and that they were small. How small is small? Can it hold a 6 pack? Two 6 packs?

What is the outlet situation like in the balcony cabins? If you were in a balcony. Are there ISN ports? Did they put anything near the beds?

Was there anything not competed on the ship or closed from the dry dock?

Thanks!!

Hi there! Our balcony cabin did have a fridge. I think it could hold 2  6 packs of drinks. It didn’t feel too cold, though.

There were 2 outlets by the desk/ mirror. We were able to use CPAP without the extension cord. No outlets by the bed, though.

Everything was up and running; we never encountered areas closed due to incomplete dry dock work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, The Captain's Pasta Bar is free for Lunch. 

Thanks. I’d be interested in hearing about other out of the ordinary complimentary food. 

1 hour ago, beacha said:

We were on the inaugural sailing. I will write a review for this trip, but will answer any questions you might have while my memory is fresh.

Looking forward to your review.  Booked on the Sept. 16th cruise out of NYC, inside room.

Quick question:

Is Carnival  still offering discounts on future cruises if booked while on board?

Edited by foilman2002
forgot to add question

41 minutes ago, foilman2002 said:

Looking forward to your review.  Booked on the Sept. 16th cruise out of NYC, inside room.

Quick question:

Is Carnival  still offering discounts on future cruises if booked while on board?

No, they discontinued it several years ago.  After your cruise you will receive an email offering $50 OBC if you book Early Saver within the next 2 weeks.  But you can't get more OBC booking Past Guest rate like you used to be able to do.

1 hour ago, nccruzencouple said:

What was the Serenity Area like. How many hot tubs?  Did it have a pool?

Thanks. 

I was disappointed in the Serenity area on Sunrise. It was chopped up with small areas and dead ends. You couldn’t walk all the way around, and the bar was off in a cubby hole. There weren’t as many loungers as on Sunshine, and no place to cool off. I missed having a pool.

There was a large hot tub, very nice. The evenings were pleasant up there while everyone was getting ready for dinner. We ate late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdaviswv said:

Thanks. I’d be interested in hearing about other out of the ordinary complimentary food. 

Though we didn’t eat at the Lido late at night, we saw yummy buffets every night. People were commenting about what a great selection they had.

Pizza! My personal favorite. Ice cream was the best I’ve ever had on any ship. The cones on the lido from the serve yourself dispenser.

2 hours ago, beacha said:

Hi there! Our balcony cabin did have a fridge. I think it could hold 2  6 packs of drinks. It didn’t feel too cold, though.

There were 2 outlets by the desk/ mirror. We were able to use CPAP without the extension cord. No outlets by the bed, though.

Everything was up and running; we never encountered areas closed due to incomplete dry dock work.

Thanks. its too bad they didn't upgrade the outlet and USB port situations in the cabin. I thought they might like they are doing on some of the new ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garth2 said:

No, they discontinued it several years ago.  After your cruise you will receive an email offering $50 OBC if you book Early Saver within the next 2 weeks.  But you can't get more OBC booking Past Guest rate like you used to be able to do.

Thank you for the answer.

Sorry to hear it, This is the first time we decided to book a cruise in the future before taking the present cruise.  Oh well!

I have a few questions:

Is there a gelato station with toppings on the Lido like on the Horizon/Vista?

Is there the regular Sea Day Brunch or the New American Brunch?

Does it have the updated deli menu?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Surrealistic said:

How was the crowd control on the ship.............any areas you felt overcrowded?  

I never felt crowded while on the ship except walking from lido to pool area. There is such a small walkway that it is hard to get through.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nycruise3 said:

I have a few questions:

Is there a gelato station with toppings on the Lido like on the Horizon/Vista?

Is there the regular Sea Day Brunch or the New American Brunch?

Does it have the updated deli menu?

Thanks!

Hello,

There are two ice cream/frozen yogurt self service machines on the lido.

We didn’t go to the brunch, so maybe someone else could answer that.

Also never visited the deli.

11 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

What cool new Sunrise'd feature was your favorite? Is there anything left aboard to remind us of her former life as the poor old Carnival Triumph?

My favorite update is the Red Frog Pub. It has room for a stage , and a great band was playing there all week.

The aft pool seemed the same as Triumph, but it’s been over 10 years since we sailed Triumph.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Surrealistic said:

How was the crowd control on the ship.............any areas you felt overcrowded?  

Hi, the breakfast lines on sea days were pretty crowded, but we ate between 9:30-10:30, so to be expected. The really hard place to get through we’re the little passageways on the lido by the restaurant and the pool deck. 

43 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Is there a Cloud 9 Spa aboard?

Yes, it was very nice. We had a spa cabin, so we used the steam room and sauna every evening. It was never crowded.