Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Guy's Pig and Anchor had lunch on sea days?  We ate at this place on Horizon and thought it was very good. 

In a couple weeks it's my turn on Sunrise! YAY!

 

The Pig and Anchor was open sometime for lunch, but not every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RRLLAL said:

 

Here's an example of one.

 

image.thumb.png.5a504661da4d3f42c017ab0a0edf1942.png

Sorry, I threw them away. Maybe someone else can share them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions...

 

1) Did you go to the Limelight lounge for comedy shows?  

 

2) If you did go to the shows what was the set up? (I remember on the Sunshine you had to leave and go up to deck five and down to three again to await the next show) and was the comedy club big, medium or small?  

 

3) where is the nearest bar to the comedy club? Does the comedy club have a bar inside? 

 

4) any time dining.... do you know what the situation is with that? (On the Sunshine there was a check in ayatem however I have not seen that on any other ship on the fleet.. so I am wondering if this is a refurbished ship speciality) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Liverpoollovely said:

A few questions...

 

1) Did you go to the Limelight lounge for comedy shows?  

 

2) If you did go to the shows what was the set up? (I remember on the Sunshine you had to leave and go up to deck five and down to three again to await the next show) and was the comedy club big, medium or small?  

 

3) where is the nearest bar to the comedy club? Does the comedy club have a bar inside? 

 

4) any time dining.... do you know what the situation is with that? (On the Sunshine there was a check in ayatem however I have not seen that on any other ship on the fleet.. so I am wondering if this is a refurbished ship speciality) 

 

Hi there,

we never went to comedy club, but I’m sure someone will chime in. 

For anytime dining, you check in on deck 5. If there’s a table, you go right to the dining room. If not, they will give you a pager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, beacha said:

Hi there,

we never went to comedy club, but I’m sure someone will chime in. 

For anytime dining, you check in on deck 5. If there’s a table, you go right to the dining room. If not, they will give you a pager.

I am surprised the Sunrise does not have where you can request your table for ATD thru the App like it has on the Horizon. When your table is ready, it will tell you what the table # is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, emm126 said:

I am surprised the Sunrise does not have where you can request your table for ATD thru the App like it has on the Horizon. When your table is ready, it will tell you what the table # is.

I had difficulty with the ap. We just went to the desk and then to dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aggiejade said:

Where on deck 5 do you check in for Anytime Dining?

It’s on 5 . Go by the casino and through toward the Alchemy Bar.. Check in desk on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, beacha said:

We were on the inaugural sailing. I will write a review for this trip, but will answer any questions you might have while my memory is fresh.

 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, surfone said:

Hello beacha,  we were also on this sailing.  I can answer the sea day brunch and it was the updated menu as well as the deli. 

 

What did the 2 of you think about the rocking of the boat? A few people on Facebook who were on the cruise felt it rocked a lot for about 4-5 days. Even in calm seas and worse than any cruise they said they've been on. Your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

 

What did the 2 of you think about the rocking of the boat? A few people on Facebook who were on the cruise felt it rocked a lot for about 4-5 days. Even in calm seas and worse than any cruise they said they've been on. Your thoughts?

It was pretty rocky from the time we left Norfolk to our first stop in Grand Turk.  We were on deck 7 all the way forward, but we cruise quite a lot so it did not bother us at all. There were some rough seas.  We never saw anyone sick and the show in the theater went on as scheduled. Nothing was knocked over, etc., in our cabin nor anywhere else on the ship that we noticed.  They closed the pools one day.  We ate in the MDR each night and we did not notice any major motion (we were on deck 3 aft dining room) I thought it was smooth on the way back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, surfone said:

It was pretty rocky from the time we left Norfolk to our first stop in Grand Turk.  We were on deck 7 all the way forward, but we cruise quite a lot so it did not bother us at all. There were some rough seas.  We never saw anyone sick and the show in the theater went on as scheduled. Nothing was knocked over, etc., in our cabin nor anywhere else on the ship that we noticed.  They closed the pools one day.  We ate in the MDR each night and we did not notice any major motion (we were on deck 3 aft dining room) I thought it was smooth on the way back.  

 

Thanks. Did you think it was the seas or the ship itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, beacha said:

Hi there,

we never went to comedy club, but I’m sure someone will chime in. 

For anytime dining, you check in on deck 5. If there’s a table, you go right to the dining room. If not, they will give you a pager.

 

thank you for helping me with this query cannot wait for your review 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beacha I have a question regarding the Spa Cabins.  Do they replenish the Elemis Shampoo and Soaps during the cruise or do you just get a small sample.  I would love to not need to bring Shampoo or Soap from home.  Excited to be in a Spa Cabin!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On deck 5 in the morning did they have a mini buffet set up like on the Sunshine?

 

MARAPRINCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

 

 

What did the 2 of you think about the rocking of the boat? A few people on Facebook who were on the cruise felt it rocked a lot for about 4-5 days. Even in calm seas and worse than any cruise they said they've been on. Your thoughts?

Hi,

I didn’t feel any rocking until the second sea day. It wasn’t bad to me at all, but some people were seasick. The rest of the sailing was smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

On deck 5 in the morning did they have a mini buffet set up like on the Sunshine?

 

MARAPRINCE

I don’t think they did. I did not see anything and nothing in fun times about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beacha said:

Hi,

I didn’t feel any rocking until the second sea day. It wasn’t bad to me at all, but some people were seasick. The rest of the sailing was smooth.

 

Bonine is my best friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lizard755 said:

Beacha I have a question regarding the Spa Cabins.  Do they replenish the Elemis Shampoo and Soaps during the cruise or do you just get a small sample.  I would love to not need to bring Shampoo or Soap from home.  Excited to be in a Spa Cabin!!

We had to ask for the spa products which were in our cabin on the second day.. We had no shampoo in the dispenser either. The products were not Elemis like on Sunshine last time. They are named Ocean , and are very small samples. I was able to wash my short hair twice. Best to bring your own. I’m glad I did. Also there was no hand soap provided, so we had to get soap from the dispenser in the shower.

The spa cabin is nice, though.

Edited by beacha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:15 AM, surfone said:

Hello beacha,  we were also on this sailing.  I can answer the sea day brunch and it was the updated menu as well as the deli.

 

We went and toured the updated gym and spa area.  Does have cloud 9.  I thought the new infrared and aroma areas were neat (did not use but was cool looking in)  I think it was a lavender scent in the aroma spa.  Looked to have the sauna available for all which was in the area of the locker/bathrooms.  All new equipment in the gym which we used but TV screens didn't work yet. 

 

TV station selection were not good but that didn't matter to us, but did miss the ship and map cams.  They never got those up and running but hopefully they will on future cruises.  

 

USB ports were at the the head of our bed. We used and were convenient.  We had a inside forward with window deck 7 but would assume they were in all cabins.  Fridge in our cabin was new and small,  we stacked a 6 pack in ours so not sure if 2 packs would fit,  not deep at all,  like 1/2 size as we've had in the past. Mattress was very comfy, but sheets were a little itchy,  guess they haven't been broken in yet,  lol.  

 

Didn't like having to check in for anytime dining each night on deck 5 and then on to seating on deck 3.  We were on the Vista last year and being platinum we were able to skip the check in and go straight to dining room.  Can't do on Sunrise.

 

We thought the shows were the best we've seen on Carnival.  Singers were very good and they had the upgraded tech lighting, etc.,  We cruise NCL often and are use to the better production shows, but  Carnival has done a good job in the Sunrise on their shows.  

 

Chris Williams the CD was awesome.  Hilarious and he did his own show in the theater,  and he put on a great show.  We had never seen a CD that active on our cruise.  

 

Casino was very smokey  as they usually are on Carnival.  Pig and anchor was good, they were closed one day due to maintenance issue.  The worse was the restrooms in public areas.  They stayed out of order 80 percent of the time for the first few days.  Guess they finally got it straight, and seemed to hit the women's bathroom more than mens.  

 

 

Can you please elaborate more on casino. As large as the sunshine? Smaller?

 

And where on deck 5 was the line to check in for YTD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, beacha said:

Hello,

There are two ice cream/frozen yogurt self service machines on the lido.

 We didn’t go to the brunch, so maybe someone else could answer that.

Also never visited the deli.

New American Brunch. Loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, caddykid12 said:

Can you please elaborate more on casino. As large as the sunshine? Smaller?

 

And where on deck 5 was the line to check in for YTD

You can also check in for YTD using the Hub phone app. Easier and faster; we loved it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caddykid12 said:

Can you please elaborate more on casino. As large as the sunshine? Smaller?

 

And where on deck 5 was the line to check in for YTD

Haven't sailed on the Sunshine, but as often as we do cruise we both made a comment that for the size of the ship that the casino was larger than we expected.  Check in was right next to Bonsai Sushi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 5:57 PM, emm126 said:

I am surprised the Sunrise does not have where you can request your table for ATD thru the App like it has on the Horizon. When your table is ready, it will tell you what the table # is.

It does - last week, we used it every night and loved it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, beacha said:

Hi,

I didn’t feel any rocking until the second sea day. It wasn’t bad to me at all, but some people were seasick. The rest of the sailing was smooth.

I was on the Sunrise last week - my 34th cruise - and on the first night the rocking was REALLY strong, more than I can ever recall on my previous cruises. It woke me up a few times. From the next morning through the end of the cruise, rocking was minimal. The ship covered a pretty good distance overnight, so speed must have been a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please tell me: Are the walls on Sunrise magnetic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...