Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ramidon1

Just back from Perfect Day At Coco Cay

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

They can not figure out how to kick people out. What a nightmare that would be. I go to all the waterparks in Orlando. It would seem to be impossible.

 

How about 2 color bands. How hard is that? Oh you have a red band. Sorry you can can't slide. They have an attendant at the slide?

 

Disney manages to do it with all their paid events, like Not so scary and Very Mery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChrisTheDBA said:

Alanna Zingaro has another video out focusing strictly on the cabanas, bungalows and day beds. 

 

 

Looks like the Chill Island cabanas got some new furniture, but still the same structure.

The furniture I was on a recently looked brand new and more comfortable than that shown.  We had the blue cooler they show.  I wonder if they added Cabanas and will have a mix, can't see the taking apart the Oceanview cabanas that were there.  I wonder if they are still serving a lunch over there and have a suite guest area there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why the chill island cabanas face inland and not toward the beach. did anyone else notice that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

I wonder why the chill island cabanas face inland and not toward the beach. did anyone else notice that?

I had them in the past and I be;ieve they still on the same position what I was wondering is if the " exclusive lunch" is gone for the chill island cabanas btw I think they are smaller now I used to climb like 5 steps to get on it but I dont see that any more 

Edited by mcatmcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting.  With that long line for the slide (an hour and a 1/2 is truly insane), it sure makes the Orlando waterparks sound like a good deal at $50 a day with moderate lines and very nice water parks  (We always do theme rather than waterparks when in Orlando, though), and even the $150 pp excursion for water park facilities, etc. at Atlantis which I previously thought was insane but sprung for that for two 20 somethings on a cruise a few year back sound ok (at least the lines weren't that bad and they had a fab day - loved it).  I skipped at that price and just touring the aquariums with DH.  We are going on one of the gigantic ships, the Harmony, in February.  I have a feeling DH and my dad will stay on the ship on the Coco Cay day and take advantage of lighter crowds there.  I will probably get a 1/2 day if offered waterpark pass on Coco Cay with DS (23) or full day if 1/2 day is not offered and just look around the place and hang at the wave pool.  DS hardly ever goes to waterparks these days, but DS does like a wave pool, so I will probably fork over for that for the two of us.  I appreciate the warning about the slide.  If we want to do a slide, maybe heading back to the ship and doing the slide there is the best bet lol.  Do they have tubes to play in at the wave pool.  That will be our hang out place.  We'll forget any lines for slides for sure (sure appreciate the warning).

 

I am glad to see that food is complementary.  On NCL (one of the beach day islands - Harvest Cay) I hear drinks and food have sky high prices.  

 

Very nice that there is no tendering.  Tender for an Oasis class ship I think would be a nightmare.  February for me will be our first time ever to try RCCL and our first time to try such a huge ship too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live near a city that has shootings, muggings, break ins, robberies, etc. every night as reported on our local stations.  Crime is no stranger there.  That City?

 

Where do you find one of the biggest tourist destinations in the US? 

 

"Land of the Mouse"...AKA Orlando.   😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, island lady said:

We live near a city that has shootings, muggings, break ins, robberies, etc. every night as reported on our local stations.  Crime is no stranger there.  That City?

 

Where do you find one of the biggest tourist destinations in the US? 

 

"Land of the Mouse"...AKA Orlando.   😮 

Um...ok? :classic_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, ihopfar said:

Can anyone confirmed if there is a snack shack outside the waterpark?  Is it the same menu as the one shown?

 

Thanks!

Brad

 

The Snack Shack behind the Oasis Lagoon is open. We were this past Thursday. The Shack Burger was pretty good and so were the mozzarella sticks and funnel cake. It is complimentary. It is the same menu as posted before.....

 

For the vegetarians in the group, they had a panini portabella mushroom sandwich at the Chill Grill with the other sandwiches.

Edited by TYMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

 

The Snack Shack behind the Oasis Lagoon is open. We were this past Thursday. The Shack Burger was pretty good and so were the mozzarella sticks and funnel cake. It is complimentary. It is the same menu as posted before.....

 

For the vegetarians in the group, they had a panini portabella mushroom sandwich at the Chill Grill with the other sandwiches.

 

Thanks for the info on the veggie sandwich. That sounds good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 37645 said:

 

Thanks for the info on the veggie sandwich. That sounds good. 

 

I believe it was with mozzarella cheese, but not 100% sure. All the sandwiches looked good, and the buffet was set up so there really wasn’t a line at all. All the food areas had flavored water dispensers available all day! Lemon-lime, mango & strawberry kiwi. Really refreshing cause it was hot! (Great breeze by the water though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Um...ok? :classic_huh:

 

Meaning it's not just the foreign countries/islands, as some are mentioning a warning about,.  It's here in the US also.  The trick is to be aware of your surroundings.  It does not stop me from traveling.  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok an important question. Since I'm going to be stuck in the water park with my kids, Is there a bar nearby .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jptoz said:

Ok an important question. Since I'm going to be stuck in the water park with my kids, Is there a bar nearby .

 

 

There is always a bar...and waiters that will happily wait on you directly from at your side in your lounger in the sun.  RCI likes us to enjoy our adult beverages!  🍸🥃🍻🍹🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time going to CoCo Cay.  We will not be doing the slides.

 

Are there other places to eat than Snack Shack?

 

What to do serve at the other places? The normal, hamburger, hot dogs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, phabric said:

First time going to CoCo Cay.  We will not be doing the slides.

 

Are there other places to eat than Snack Shack?

 

What to do serve at the other places? The normal, hamburger, hot dogs?

An exhausting 5-second Google search for "Coco Cay" rendered a full Royal Caribbean page that answers every one of your questions...and much more...

 

Royal Caribbean Perfect Day at Coco Cay

 

Whew...I'm beat...

 

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phabric said:

First time going to CoCo Cay.  We will not be doing the slides.

 

Are there other places to eat than Snack Shack?

 

What to do serve at the other places? The normal, hamburger, hot dogs?

 

I found this video to be helpful and should answer all the questions you asked and the followups too.

 

 

She has other clips and is usually pretty helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TYMAN said:

For the vegetarians in the group, they had a panini portabella mushroom sandwich at the Chill Grill with the other sandwiches.

 

Hi. Traveling with someone on a strict diet. Are all salads pre-made, or can you request changes (i.e. no tomatoes)? Do they allow lettuce wrapped burgers for those not eating carbs?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, laxgambit said:

 

Hi. Traveling with someone on a strict diet. Are all salads pre-made, or can you request changes (i.e. no tomatoes)? Do they allow lettuce wrapped burgers for those not eating carbs?

Thanks in advance.

 

Pretty much everything is pre-made. You can get your burgers, hot dogs plain though. I didn’t get a salad at Snack Shack, but everything there is somewhat made to order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, phabric said:

First time going to CoCo Cay.  We will not be doing the slides.

 

Are there other places to eat than Snack Shack?

 

What to do serve at the other places? The normal, hamburger, hot dogs?

 

Chill Grill had Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and Cuban Panini’s. Those were pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last thing from our trip this past week. Someone had a bit too much to drink at the pool swim up bar and chunked in the pool. They had the pool closed all afternoon till they could drain it. Lots of disappointed people. Luckily I was at the beach and only walked past the pool during that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Last thing from our trip this past week. Someone had a bit too much to drink at the pool swim up bar and chunked in the pool. They had the pool closed all afternoon till they could drain it. Lots of disappointed people. Luckily I was at the beach and only walked past the pool during that time. 

 

Wow.  That would suck.  No friends for that person the rest of the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

Last thing from our trip this past week. Someone had a bit too much to drink at the pool swim up bar and chunked in the pool. They had the pool closed all afternoon till they could drain it. Lots of disappointed people. Luckily I was at the beach and only walked past the pool during that time. 

Hopefully they billed that passenger for the cost of pool cleanup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this was asked before but if I’m not doing the slides. Am I allowed in the area to watch the grandkids or do I have to purchase to visit area. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DonnaMW said:

Sorry if this was asked before but if I’m not doing the slides. Am I allowed in the area to watch the grandkids or do I have to purchase to visit area. Thanks

 

It looks like you will have to purchase a ticket/pass.  We have a grandfather and a 5 yr old that will not ride the slides, but it we want them to join us at the water park, RC told me they need to have a pass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...