Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sofunky

conquest 01-08 review

We had a blast! I wish I could have taken the crew with me. Each and every one of them made our cruise so memorable! Our first days at sea were a little cold but the swimsuit was on cuz the sun was out...even got a little pink. The staff on the lido deck was wonderful. They visited with our group (there was about 20 of us in all) and we felt as if we knew them before we boarded! the musicians on the lido deck were wonderful. joked with us and tought us how to dance jamacian style and everything.(could be cuz we're not the best dancers and they were tired of looking at us.;)

Montego bay was beautiful to look at from the ship and once we were at the resort. We went to sunset beach were so glad we did. The food was very good and the drinks were wonderful...try the banana drink...yum! The beach was clean and there was no one pushing at you (dont bother with the downtown shopping) the people kept touching my hair trying to get me to let them braid it and trying to get us in there shops that we didnt even look around.

Grand Cayman was absolutely gorgeous!! The water is so clear and the stingrays were great! We went with Captain Bryan and he was very nice. really help the ones that were afraid. They gave us a deal on the pictures they took. I wish we could have stayed longer so that we could have seen more there.

Cozumel was better than I was expecting after the hurricane. We were there last year and it was sad to drive by where we used to port and see the entire section destroyed. The downtown shopping was really nice. THe people were friendly. We spent most of the day at Playa Mia Beach. It was a really good time. We got the all inclusive. The food was pretty good...the drinks even better..the beach was clean and the snorkeling was fun. the staff there was very friendly.

The last day at sea was a rough one. It was cold and windy. the staff on the lido deck said it was a little worse than normal...drinks were blowing off the trays...but they kept a smile on their face and were laughing about it with us.

Our dining staff will never be forgotten.....Rolando has been greatly missed since we got home...if I could have fit him in my pocket I would have taken him with me!:D .....my husband does not know why I dont have 7 course meals.....hello....in one week I think I gained 5 lbs. After the 2nd night they knew what I would like and sometimes got 2 of things!

The ship is very beautiful and the balcony was perfect! Morning coffee with that view is to die for!! I will miss it very much. Hope everyone has as much fun as we did.....I will miss all the people I met while we were there. Hope to see them on future cruises...we're planning the next one now!!:p