Cruise Critic Community
shepcookie

Uploading picture to Medallion

I did try searching for the answer to my question, but no luck.  I want to upload a profile picture for the medallion.  However, I only had the option of taking a new picture.  Does anyone know how to upload instead?  Thanks!

Tammy

It’s been several months since I did it but it wasn’t to difficult.  I am not tech savvy but I did figure it out. If I remember correctly I was able to do it on my iPad.  Sorry I couldn’t be helpful.

3 hours ago, shepcookie said:

I did try searching for the answer to my question, but no luck.  I want to upload a profile picture for the medallion.  However, I only had the option of taking a new picture.  Does anyone know how to upload instead?  Thanks!

Tammy

1-844-525-0942 - OM 'hotline' for help

Why not just take a new picture? I took a selfie of myself and then snapped pictures of each kid for their medallion photo.

I just did this. For the "security picture" it only lets you take a photo. This makes sense as photo should be recent and not one from 20 years ago with better "lighting". For profile picture (avatar) you can upload whatever you like. We did pics of our dog.

When I load up the app and go to Security Photo and choose Retake it brings up camera mode, but there are 3 buttons near the button of the screen.  The far left icon is a picture frame with an arrow above it.  Clicking this icon brings up my camera roll and I can choose any photo I like.

Perhaps it's different for the first security photo as opposed to editing an existing one? I don't think so, but I'm past that point and can't confirm. I can definitely edit my currently uploaded security photo with anything from my camera roll.  Per the rules it should be recent and more or less follow passport photo rules, so it's not a bad idea to just take a fresh one using the guide on-screen, but if you've already done the work to get a good one within those guidelines saved on your device you should be able to access it.

Similar to nattie for the profile photos my wife and my profile photos are silly ones of our pets.  I'm curious to see how this plays out on board.

Edited by PMGS247

This is going off topic a bit, but it does have to do with the photo upload. Don't wear a hat. When I set up OM, I uploaded a photo that I took some time back. I was wearing a baseball hat. During check in on the Royal, they needed to take a new photo since hats aren't allowed for the security photo. The one I'd uploaded for hubby was fine. I have no idea why I was able to upload the security photos instead of taking new ones, but it's a fact that I was able to do that.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification

I do remember that when boarding someone did look at my photo and said it was ok to use.  It was a picture taken on our last cruise six months earlier.

6 hours ago, shepcookie said:

Tammy

I would go to ocean.com and do it that way. The app is awful and doesn't even render correctly on my XS Max.  I ended up doing it all from the web portal and it was easy. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.17.12 PM.png