Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Don Kehote

I'd like to read your positive comments about Carnival Victory.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

I will be on the victory about four weeks after you, Jan 6th.

 

I have also noticed the reviews of the victory here on CC are pretty mixed. This will be my girlfriends first cruise and I'm hoping everything goes smoothly so it will be a good first impression. 

You know, I think of it like this:

 

  • First cruise - Fantasy in '97.  Loved it, had a great time. There weren't really online reviews yet back then.
  • Second cruise - Carnival Sensation, 2015.  Reviews were mixed, we had a GREAT time.
  • Third cruise - Carnival Paradise, 2018.  Reviews were mixed, we had an even more greaterer time.
  • Fourth cruise - Carnival Victory, 12/19.  Reviews are mixed...but I think we're going to have a even besterest most fantastical time too.

For us, I think we're just going to have fun no matter what, because we are generally happy to get out on the sea and be on vacation at all. 

 

We can both cook *very* well, and have been to some seriously impressive restaurants.  However, that does not detract one iota from, say, what the evening's dinner in the MDR is.  If it's what I wanted, it's going to be great in my eyes.  Can I cook a better steak?  Not to toot my own horn too much, but probably, yeah.  Will I be happy with the one that I get?  All signs point to yes.

 

I think, deep down and honestly, the most important part of the cruise you're on is the company you're with.  If you two have fun together at home, you'll likely have fun on a cruise together as well. 🙂  As my wife is also my favorite person that there is, I'm in a really good position to enjoy even a moderately good cruise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

You know, I think of it like this:

 

  • First cruise - Fantasy in '97.  Loved it, had a great time. There weren't really online reviews yet back then.
  • Second cruise - Carnival Sensation, 2015.  Reviews were mixed, we had a GREAT time.
  • Third cruise - Carnival Paradise, 2018.  Reviews were mixed, we had an even more greaterer time.
  • Fourth cruise - Carnival Victory, 12/19.  Reviews are mixed...but I think we're going to have a even besterest most fantastical time too.

For us, I think we're just going to have fun no matter what, because we are generally happy to get out on the sea and be on vacation at all. 

 

We can both cook *very* well, and have been to some seriously impressive restaurants.  However, that does not detract one iota from, say, what the evening's dinner in the MDR is.  If it's what I wanted, it's going to be great in my eyes.  Can I cook a better steak?  Not to toot my own horn too much, but probably, yeah.  Will I be happy with the one that I get?  All signs point to yes.

 

I think, deep down and honestly, the most important part of the cruise you're on is the company you're with.  If you two have fun together at home, you'll likely have fun on a cruise together as well. 🙂  As my wife is also my favorite person that there is, I'm in a really good position to enjoy even a moderately good cruise.

 

 

Don Kehote - I love your attitude and I agree with you 200%.  I have been cruising since 1994 on Carnival, Norwegian, Princess, Disney & MSC.  I have enjoyed every single cruise.  I do have more favorite ships due to size and ease of layout but in terms of the food and entertainment and fun, I absolutely have enjoyed all of my cruises primarily as you say because of the company I am with.  Either my hubby, my hubby and kids, me and my bestie or me and my son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also agree with the previous poster. A  cruise is what you make of it. I have never had a bad one . Its a vacation and I feel fortunate to be able to enjoy this experience with my family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your replies. 

 

I agree we will have fun regardless. As long as stuff isn't broken and maintenance is being reasonably kept up on the ship, we should be just fine. I mention this just because she will be going into drydock three months after we set sail. Hope the maintenance doesn't start getting lazy because of this fact.

 

We are both excited about our cruise even though it's still over seven months away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that the Victory is going into dry dock in 2020 and coming back with a new name: Radiance.  I’m looking at a cruise to New England and Canada in September 2020.  I wonder what refurbishments they’ll make and why they’re changing her name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be on the Victory August 5-9 with our six year old granddaughter.  Plan on taking her to the dolphin swim in Cozumel.  Any thoughts?  Also, she is interested in going to the camp.  Again, any thoughts?  Thanks much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done two Victory cruises and had a third one planned to Cuba but.... 😡

 

You can read my reviews in my tag line. We loved the Victory. Now we've replacedthe Victory Cuba trip with a sailing on the Valor out of New Orleans where we've never been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, Don Kehote said:

Think I'm a couple of weeks later - Dec 9th!

I am also on the Devember 9th sailing on the Csrnival Victory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on Victory a few weeks ago and had a great time as always. Disappointed that Victory is going to be refurbished and the name changed to Radiance. I wish they were going to keep Victory the same as she is now. I have a bad feeling next year this and other sites are going to have lots of bad reviews on Radiance similar to the current reviews on Sunrise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was on Victory a few weeks ago and had a great time as always. Disappointed that Victory is going to be refurbished and the name changed to Radiance. I wish they were going to keep Victory the same as she is now. I have a bad feeling next year this and other sites are going to have lots of bad reviews on Radiance similar to the current reviews on Sunrise. 

No doubt there will be some....not to worry, the biting seahorses will still be there for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 11:51 PM, Linsifer said:

I see that the Victory is going into dry dock in 2020 and coming back with a new name: Radiance.  I’m looking at a cruise to New England and Canada in September 2020.  I wonder what refurbishments they’ll make and why they’re changing her name. 

You can find some of them by looking at the Sunrise (sister ship), others will be unique....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was on Victory a few weeks ago and had a great time as always. Disappointed that Victory is going to be refurbished and the name changed to Radiance. I wish they were going to keep Victory the same as she is now. I have a bad feeling next year this and other sites are going to have lots of bad reviews on Radiance similar to the current reviews on Sunrise. 

I'm with you! Love the Victory and will be on her again Oct 7-14. I feel it's our farewell cruise to her and it makes me sad as she has a marvelous crew and is a great ship. A refurbishment is nice but when they do it to add extra cabins which makes it crowded, I'm not a fan. I doubt we will cruise her as the Radiance. I will be on the Sunrise in November-my granddaughter booked it- and after reading all the reviews, I'm concerned but know the 2 of us will have a balst together as we always do. This will be her first cruise being 21 and she is excited to go to the Alchemy Bar.

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I discontinue notifications to my email just for this thread?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

How do I discontinue notifications to my email just for this thread?  Thanks!

Up at the top of the page

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 4.11.40 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

EDIT:  It came up finally!   Thanks!   Unfollowed the thread. 👌🏼

 

 

Thanks, but when I clicked on Follow it just brought up 7 people who are following.  Didn’t give me any options.  

Edited by Linsifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad this thread popped up today.  Like the OP said, it has been a rough day at work.  I use the thoughts of an upcoming cruise to take me to my happy place.   🙂

 

DH and I have been on several cruises and never a bad one.  Each is unique and we usually have some wild story to bring home... well, not "wild" but definitely different... such as going to tour the Anglican Cathedral in Nassau and ending up in Brother Bo's broken down mini-van touring the island with both doors hanging open and me holding on to DH's wheelchair as Brother Bo speeds around the curves with the end of the story of him taking us to a lean-to shack that had 15 grills cooking beef and pork for our lunch.

 

Even when something goes wrong, we have fun with it.

 

So, again, thanks for all of the positive stories and putting a smile on my face this Friday afternoon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off of the Victory (8/23/2019) yesterday and we had an AMAZING time!  It was our first time sailing with Carnival and we went into it not expecting much, but the Victory exceeded our expectations!

 

We have previously cruised with Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean and NCL.  Celebrity was our favorite cruise and our next one would actually be our cruise on the Victory 🙂  Our room was clean, service was amazing and the food was outstanding...at least on the Victory!  And we honestly didn't think she was "out of shape/date."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, Barry ATL said:

I am glad this thread popped up today.  Like the OP said, it has been a rough day at work.  I use the thoughts of an upcoming cruise to take me to my happy place.   🙂

 

DH and I have been on several cruises and never a bad one.  Each is unique and we usually have some wild story to bring home... well, not "wild" but definitely different... such as going to tour the Anglican Cathedral in Nassau and ending up in Brother Bo's broken down mini-van touring the island with both doors hanging open and me holding on to DH's wheelchair as Brother Bo speeds around the curves with the end of the story of him taking us to a lean-to shack that had 15 grills cooking beef and pork for our lunch.

 

Even when something goes wrong, we have fun with it.

 

So, again, thanks for all of the positive stories and putting a smile on my face this Friday afternoon.  

Barry's post reminded me of another adventure we had, on an earlier cruise on the Celebrity Zenith to Grand Cayman.  I think we did one excursion to a butterfly house, then didn't have anything else planned.  We looked for a cab at the port just to take us around the island.  Cab after cab turned us down because of my wheelchair.  Finally, Miss Rosa agreed to take us.

 

Miss Rosa took us all over the island, showing us various sights.  There were many lovely houses, built by Americans and others. There were also many sites built by local people.  It became sort of a litany of buildings that "got blown down by Hurricane X." At some sites, "the Americans came and rebuilt it."  At other sites, "No Americans came," and the site was still in ruins.  It was a fascinating, unvarnished look at local culture that we probably never would have gotten on an organized your.  Finally, Miss Rosa took at to the Tortuga Rum factory/store in Hell (an actual place on Grand Cayman).  We bought some goodies.  Miss Rosa got two rum sheet cakes from the store because she brought two tourists.  Miss Rosa turned around and gave us the sheet cakes because, "I never drank da red rum, don't drink da red rum, will never drink da red rum."  As I recall, we shared the sheet cakes with our table mates over dinner that night.

Edited by Ken-ATL
correcting a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...