Grand Africa Oct 2020 map

scubadawg

thx for the heads up. we put down a future dam credit Feb 1st but see nothing yet on my account on Hal site. Hope to soon. How did pricing look? Does new itinerary show segments? I'm thinking Capetown to Ft Lauderdale maybe?

We put our deposit down a month ago. The HAL site still only has our Booking Number and Room Category. No itinerary. No pricing. And dummy Start and End dates. Hopefully we're getting close to more info.

• Like 1

You won't see it on your account yet because as of this moment, the cruise hasn't been published; therefore, you haven't yet cooked it.  If what you put down is an advance deposit, you will be required, once it is published, to confirm by coming up with the rest of the deposit in order to actually book it.

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:
2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

You won't see it on your account yet because as of this moment, the cruise hasn't been published; therefore, you haven't yet cooked it.  If what you put down is an advance deposit, you will be required, once it is published, to confirm by coming up with the rest of the deposit in order to actually book it.

Correct. Although I expect to see a revised Itinerary and Price List BEFORE I complete my Deposit. Hopefully in the next week or two.

1 hour ago, ATC said:

Correct. Although I expect to see a revised Itinerary and Price List BEFORE I complete my Deposit. Hopefully in the next week or two.

That would be helpful.  Given the history of these Grand Voyages, I would expect the cruise to be published sometime in mid to late June.  I will also be curious to see the prices, although I have no particular interest in this itinerary.  I am also interested  in what the 2021 WC will look like, and that should be published about the same time.  Ah, anticipation . . . fun, but nervewracking.

I go into my account and click on the booking number for the Grand Africa cruise and when that comes up it shows the room category but not a specific cabin. I can view the shore excursions that have been set up for this cruise so far with pricing and see the dates and times for ports. When I click on Make a payment a page comes up with the cost for the cabin category that I chose but not a specific cabin.  It also shows the first deposit as being due May 29, 2019 and the balance due July 5, 2020.  I was told initially that there would be 3 payments made for this cruise. 

I also received an email from HAL today with a welcome aboard for this cruise and received it at 11:30 pst.

The pricing that I see is only for the full cruise and for J category cabin.

Mary

20 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

I go into my account and click on the booking number for the Grand Africa cruise and when that comes up it shows the room category but not a specific cabin. I can view the shore excursions that have been set up for this cruise so far with pricing and see the dates and times for ports. When I click on Make a payment a page comes up with the cost for the cabin category that I chose but not a specific cabin.  It also shows the first deposit as being due May 29, 2019 and the balance due July 5, 2020.  I was told initially that there would be 3 payments made for this cruise. 

I also received an email from HAL today with a welcome aboard for this cruise and received it at 11:30 pst.

Mary

What is the J Cabin price? Also, I notice there is a similar thread on the Ports[Africa] Board, but not on the HAL Roll Call Board.

32 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

Mary

I can now hy-lite my booking number which I couldn't 2 days ago. But clicking on it does nothing yet. I must be a couple of steps down the food chain from you. Maybe in a couple of days.

Albert

21 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

The pricing for "J" category per person is as follows for the Oct. 3 to Dec. 21, 2020 Grand Africa

cruise fare $13,399.00

taxes, fees, port expenses $1,365.00

Thanks. people can extrapolate to their category using the 2020 World Cruise fares.

52 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

The pricing for "J" category per person is as follows for the Oct. 3 to Dec. 21, 2020 Grand Africa

cruise fare $13,399.00

guest total $14,764.00

Thanks.

Did you get an e from HAL?  I haven’t heard a word and do the deposit to secure a spot pending itinerary and pricing.

3 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

Mary

This from the Cruise contract may be the reference to the 3 payments.

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 28-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

120–91 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
90–76 days before commencing travel: 60% of gross fare;
75 days or less before commencing travel: 100% of gross fare.

Edited by ATC
additiolines.nal

21 hours ago, woodinville cruisers said:

cruise fare $13,399.00

guest total $14,764.00

I am not finding the 2020 WC  and assumed it is because it is supposedly sold out.  Where are you finding it?

22 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I am not finding the 2020 WC  and assumed it is because it is supposedly sold out.  Where are you finding it?

It was there the other day when I looked.  You need to choose the Grand/World option instead of the regular “plan your cruise”.

The Grands are not usually as much as the WC though, I don’t think.  Time will tell, I guess.

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

It was there the other day when I looked.  You need to choose the Grand/World option instead of the regular “plan your cruise”.

The Grands are not usually as much as the WC though, I don’t think.  Time will tell, I guess.

There must be something wrong with my computer - or perhaps me.  When I click on Grand Voyages/World Cruise, one one page comes up and it is segments of the Grand SA 2019 cruise.

I started another thread because I could not find beverage packages under "Manage My Booking."  Everyone else had no problem finding it.  I tried it again, and lo and behold it was there.  Now.  .. it no longer is there.  Only a couple of Cellar Master Wine packages.  I have tried both IE and Chrome.  Same thing.  What gives!!  Does anyone else have similar problems finding things on the HAL website?

16 minutes ago, ATC said:

Click on World Cruise AS WELL AS "Sold out" and you should see the portions of the WC still available.

I have clicked on Grand/World Cruises.  Where do you see "Sold Out"?  I am searching from HAL's  main search page which asked for "Destination", "Departure City", "Date", etc.  From that site I come up with 2 cruises - the Grand SA.  No World Cruise.  More ideas, pls?

The prices that I quoted was for the Grand Africa.  I can only see the price for the category that I have booked and it shows up when I look at my booking on my HAL account and click on "make payment".

It sounds as though this is still a work in progress.  A number of tours and their pricing also show up in my booking but none that are multi day and no tours yet for Cape Town.  A friend that was on the 2018 Africa segment of the WC (SFO Peter) said overland tours didn't show up until about 4 months out.  He sent me a PDF of the tours so I can compare prices with private tour companies.  He booked a 4 day/ 3 night tour with Abercrombie and Kent from Maputo to Cape Town staying at Lion Sands Narina Lodge.  Those photos sparked Brent and my interest in this cruise.  We'd never really thought about going to Africa until now.  Another group on the same cruise used Sun Safari and had a similar trip staying at Umkumbe Safari Lodge although this one is a little more basic but their game drives were fantastic. 

Mary

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

I was curious about that, so this is what I found in comparing the $45,000 my friend is paying for a Vista Suite on the   124-day 2020 WC, and the Vista Suite rate of $25,000 for our 82-day 2018 Grand Asia:  $362 vs. $305.  The 2019 77-day Grand SA is $325/day.  OTOH, the 2017, 79-day Grand Asia was $342/day.  So, the WC is somewhat more, but not much greater, considering the overall amount of money these voyages cost.  The Grands apparently have the same perks as do the WC's.  

10 minutes ago, ATC said:

Where it says More Filters. Click and then click on sold out twice.

Thanks, ATC, but I give up.  I found the "Sold Out Cruises.  Clicked once, a - sign comes up, with 240 cruises of varying destinations, duration, etc.  If I leave it +, it shows one page.  If I click on "Clear all filter", over 1300 shows up.  It must be the settings on my computer.

42 minutes ago, woodinville cruisers said:

The prices that I quoted was for the Grand Africa.  I can only see the price for the category that I have booked and it shows up when I look at my booking on my HAL account and click on "make payment".

It sounds as though this is still a work in progress.  A number of tours and their pricing also show up in my booking but none that are multi day and no tours yet for Cape Town.  A friend that was on the 2018 Africa segment of the WC (SFO Peter) said overland tours didn't show up until about 4 months out.  He sent me a PDF of the tours so I can compare prices with private tour companies.  He booked a 4 day/ 3 night tour with Abercrombie and Kent from Maputo to Cape Town staying at Lion Sands Narina Lodge.  Those photos sparked Brent and my interest in this cruise.  We'd never really thought about going to Africa until now.  Another group on the same cruise used Sun Safari and had a similar trip staying at Umkumbe Safari Lodge although this one is a little more basic but their game drives were fantastic. 

Mary

Now that is interesting Mary.

There are no excursions showing on mine and when I click make a payment, it can’t do it at this time.  Must be because I booked a segment (a large one) but not the whole cruise.

Peter e’d me on the safari and I would be very tempted to do that myself.

Assuming we get pricing and itinerary, I’m happy to take a look a that.  I asked Peter for the info 😉