Cruise Critic Community
MicCanberra

Liverpool vs Tottenham.

Okay, so Liverpool is to play off against Tottenham in the Champions League Final in Madrid.

Who are people supporting and why.?

I have no actual connection (family or such) with Liverpool , however, I support Liverpool and have done since 1981. The reason was due to a Young Australian, Craig Johnston, being picked up by Liverpool which made the news back in Australia. I started following Liverpool and they had a fairly good run, making us all proud. 

YNWA -

I will be cheering for Liverpool, simply because it is a northern team and more local to me. A great achievement both teams overturning first leg losses to top European sides.

Not sure whether I will get to watch as we will be on Queen Elizabeth in Alaska.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I will be cheering for Liverpool, simply because it is a northern team and more local to me. A great achievement both teams overturning first leg losses to top European sides.

Not sure whether I will get to watch as we will be on Queen Elizabeth in Alaska.

Enjoy your cruise, you can always ask the CD if they can organise a viewing on one of the lounge screens or even in the pub.

You can see by where I'm from who I want to win the final!  Immediately after the match ended flight costs to Madrid from all over the UK rocketed - £750 was one quote! My son is flying with a low cost airline from Manchester to Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands, then an internal Spanish airline to Madrid. There are 9 flights per day to Madrid. It's only costing him £280 return.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Okay, so Liverpool is to play off against Tottenham in the Champions League Final in Madrid.

Who are people supporting and why.?

I am for whoever plays against Tottenham.  Having zero knowledge of British football, it all goes back to a visit I made a few years ago to my sister who lives in Barnet. I was riding the Piccadilly line from Cockfosters into London when two groups of “afficianados” boarded - and started shouting jeers at each other.  The Arsenal supporters were far more creative in the invectives they hurled at the Hotspur supporters - who seemed to rely only on references to bodily functions.

Perhaps not acceptable rationale on a site like this - but makes sense to me.

9 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

You can see by where I'm from who I want to win the final!  Immediately after the match ended flight costs to Madrid from all over the UK rocketed - £750 was one quote! My son is flying with a low cost airline from Manchester to Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands, then an internal Spanish airline to Madrid. There are 9 flights per day to Madrid. It's only costing him £280 return.

Nice for him.

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I am for whoever plays against Tottenham.  Having zero knowledge of British football, it all goes back to a visit I made a few years ago to my sister who lives in Barnet. I was riding the Piccadilly line from Cockfosters into London when two groups of “afficianados” boarded - and started shouting jeers at each other.  The Arsenal supporters were far more creative in the invectives they hurled at the Hotspur supporters - who seemed to rely only on references to bodily functions.

Perhaps not acceptable rationale on a site like this - but makes sense to me.

My niece has started going for Tottenham last year due to her new boyfriend. They both give me a hard time over Liverpool's lack of trophies in the last few years. Talk about not knowing much about history.

Arsenal vs Chelsea in the EUFA cup final, I wonder if this is the first time in history that one league has fielded all the finalists.

It seems there have been 3 teams from the one league several times but never all four.

Although originally from a wee bit North of Liverpool, Liverpool FC was always my favourite English team, since I was brought up in the days of "Shankly's Red Army"

A little before my time, as I started following with Craig Johnston in 81.

Been following football since the mid 60's, then in the 70's attended Rangers matches most weeks when not at sea🙂

Cool,  well they finished second in the EPL this morning, so close yet again.

Next season, hoping for Liverpool on top in England & Rangers in Scotland

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope that you will be too disappointed.😋

Ditto.

I expect it to be a fairly tight first hour and then a free for all once the first goal is scored.

Posted (edited)

Whatever. 

Only a few months 'til the RWC. Now that matters! 

Edited by Tothesunset

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

What is the RWC? 

Round World Cruise?

Mic, you're an embarrassment to your country :classic_biggrin:

JB :classic_smile: