Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Suite Susie

Speciality Dining Package

Can anybody tell me if we can buy a Speciality Dining package once you are onboard. I currently have one booked but don’t want them to assign us a restaurant for the first night as we would rather eat in Luminae, then book the Speciality restaurants to suit later.  We currently have a 7 Night package booked and don’t want to eat in Silk Harvest at all. We will be on the Solstice.  

If not does anybody know if you can cancel the first night booking that they make for you?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Yes and yes. In fact, we did just that on our Equinox sailing. Usually the first night has cheaper offers for Tuscan and Murano, so we took advantage of that and booked a package for the rest of the cruise on the second or third day (10-nighter to the ABC islands).

If you do book, you can cancel the first night if you want with no penalties or difficulties. Simply contact the restaurant once on board.

3 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

Can anybody tell me if we can buy a Speciality Dining package once you are onboard. I currently have one booked but don’t want them to assign us a restaurant for the first night as we would rather eat in Luminae, then book the Speciality restaurants to suit later.  We currently have a 7 Night package booked and don’t want to eat in Silk Harvest at all. We will be on the Solstice.  

If not does anybody know if you can cancel the first night booking that they make for you?

As you are in a suite you don’t even need to sort it yourself once onboard....Just let your butler or the Michael’s Host know what you want and they will sort it for you.

We ask for the Luminae menus for the cruise on boarding then we can ‘match in’ nights we fancy the Luminae menu and nights we don’t with visits to the speciality restaurants....

With the dining packages you are no longer assigned a restaurant for the first or 2nd night.  I would suggest you keep the package and when you board go  Michaels Club/Retreat Lounge and have the Concierge are you reservations.

9 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

You should be able to shift the first night reservation to a different night upon boarding. Also, if you purchased your package prior to last Fall, note that package prices increased significantly in late 2018 - so it might cost you more if you cancelled and rebooked a package.