Can we arrive earlier than set sail pass time?

You're more than welcome to arrive as early as you want.

However, will you be allowed inside the building to check-in before 3PM?

That's hit or miss from what I understand and read.  That late in the afternoon though, you'll probably slide in sooner than 3PM.

4 minutes ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

So if my set sail pass says 2pm, which is a really late check in time, we’ll be standing outside until then????   Honestly, I really thought that was more of a suggested time.  Should I call Royal to ask about an earlier time?  We plan to arrive at the port around 1130.  

No need to call, just show up whenever you like.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

You're more than welcome to arrive as early as you want.

However, will you be allowed inside the building to check-in before 3PM?

That's hit or miss from what I understand and read.  That late in the afternoon though, you'll probably slide in sooner than 3PM.

You are incorrect.  Unless there is special circumstance, like a ship arriving late that is known beforehand show up when you want.

2 hours ago, gatour said:

You are incorrect.  Unless there is special circumstance, like a ship arriving late that is known beforehand show up when you want.

What part is incorrect?

Are you saying that the assigned check-in time (of let's say 12 noon) really means nothing?

I can show up at 10:00AM, and if the doors are open, I can just walk right in, begin the check-in process, and board the ship as soon as possible?  If that's correct, then why are they assigning check-in times? I'm so confused

So, therefore, if I was fortunate enough to get an early check-in slot, people with later check-in slots can and will check-in before me?

6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

What part is incorrect?

Are you saying that the assigned check-in time (of let's say 12 noon) really means nothing?

I can show up at 10:00AM, and if the doors are open, I can just walk right in, begin the check-in process, and board the ship as soon as possible?  If that's correct, then why are they assigning check-in times? I'm so confused

So, therefore, if I was fortunate enough to get an early check-in slot, people with later check-in slots can and will check-in before me?

Royal does not enforce suggested check-in times for cruises out of US ports.

• Like 1

We haven't yet had an issue with that. Matter of fact, we show up almost every time early even by a couple of hours. And, nearly every time, we've lucked out and have either boarded early or at our scheduled time.

3 hours ago, dltaeg said:

Our set sail pass says we need to arrive at 3pm but we have arranged to drop our rental car off 1pm.

Can we "check in" earlier than our allocated time?

From our experience, they let people on to the ship around 10:30 or 11 AM base on their Crown & Anchor status. Even if this is your 1sts cruise with RC, you will not have to wait long.

46 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

What part is incorrect?

That's what happened to us on our recent Allure cruise. I set the show up time for 12pm because I had to drop the rental off and get to the cruise port so I didn't want to cut the time to close. We ended up getting to the cruise port at 10:30am. We were on the ship by 11:15am. They started boarding Diamond and pinnacle members around 10:30am. After them it was pretty much, "line up and come onboard"

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

What part is incorrect?

I think its more to prevent the entire passenger list from showing up at the same time.  If you're assigned times, most people will follow them; unless you've been through it enough times to learn the ropes and gain the knowledge. 

Somewhat off topic. We have done online check-in 3 times over the last 18 months or so and the earliest check-in time for all 3 cruises was 2 PM. Did I check too late and all the early slots are gone? Even though I took the 2 PM slot, we have never arrived at the pier later than 11 AM.

7 hours ago, klfrodo said:

What part is incorrect?

Just to try to keep the crowd spread out a bit.

11 hours ago, klfrodo said:

What part is incorrect?

It is my theory that Royal started staggering boarding times to to reduce crowding in the Windjammer for lunch. I remember the Windjammer being an absolute zoo before the changes. I'm sure RCI received tons of complaints about it. It does appear to be more efficient, now.