ms Volendam in Juneau May 10, 2019

Scrapnana

17 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

She’s looking good. Nothing compares to classic elegance.

As well as elegance in her decor.  The interior designers of Volendam (with her floral theme) and of Zaandam (with her music theme) got it right as far as I am concerned!

10 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Hi from Ketchican aboard Westerdam.  This is our FIRST sunny day since leaving Yokohama 14 days ago, in rainy Ketchican no less. Oosterdam and Maasdam were all here with us. Love Alaska when the sun is out.

20190510_173814.jpg

Nice  picture.  We’ll be in Ketchikan on the Maasdam in three weeks.....and we’re tendering.  That should be interesting!  I sure hope we get some of that sunshine!

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I wonder why the starboard side "diving board" is not at a 90 degree angle.  Looks odd!

They can pretty much leave it at any angle they wish; perhaps they wanted some free a/c on the fwd mooring deck :classic_wink:

HAL MADM starboard side dive board.jpg

2 hours ago, cormike1 said:

We will be on her on the 22nd and looking forward to it so much.  Our first Alaskan cruise....it is so exciting!

Many guests overlook the excellent forward observation areas on Deck 6 as well as the port wing over the Bridge outside of the Gym.  It can be windy and cool/cold, but the view is magnificent.  And, when above the Bridge, one can peek over the edge of the deck and view what is going on when the Officers are at the engine controls on that side of the Bridge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Many guests overlook the excellent forward observation areas on Deck 6 as well as the port wing over the Bridge outside of the Gym.  It can be windy and cool/cold, but the view is magnificent.  And, when above the Bridge, one can peek over the edge of the deck and view what is going on when the Officers are at the engine controls on that side of the Bridge.

Thanks for letting me know that rkacruiser.  I take lots of pictures and will be out there for sure even if it is cold.  I am bringing my winter ski jackets and mitts and hat so I should have no problem.  It is always nice to know the best areas for viewing.