Cruise Critic Community
MisterOJ2

Nachi Cocom vs. Mr. Sancho's

So after reading some of the regular responses on this board the past few weeks, I've been wondering something. I'm just curious as to how many of the people prefer Mr. Sancho's after having also tried Nachi Cocom before. Now, I know taste is a super subjective thing. I'm just genuinely wondering what people like better about Sancho's over Nachi. Is it just the party atmosphere - or is there something else? Do some people actually prefer the food and drinks at Sancho's?

Like I've said in other posts recently, my family and I have been to Cozumel eight times. Seven of those times, we've gone to Nachi and loved it. The one time we tried Sancho's - we just weren't impressed. It wasn't a bad day by any means. And if we'd never tried Nachi Cocom before, I'm sure we would have loved it.

The biggest difference (for me) was the drinks. At Sancho's, they just served beer out of 40-ounce bottles. They poured either Sol or one other selection (I think maybe XX) into small plastic cups. Whereas at Nachi, they have always had around 8 or so different beers to choose from and they're served in regular 16-ounce bottles. The mixed drinks were also just not as good at Sancho's. They were all from the same pre-made mixers and all the ones we tried had an off taste - like they were made with some artificial sweetener. And there wasn't a ton of selection with the mixed drinks either. At Nachi, they always just seemed better. Like, I have ordered a peach daiquiri and they have gotten canned peaches out from under the bar and put them in the blender with the other ingredients to make it. It is always so good.

I wasn't that impressed with the food at Sancho's either. It was fine, but it just didn't seem as fresh and cooked-to-order like what I'd come to expect from Nachi. As far as service, I couldn't tell a difference. I've never had bad service at Nachi and the service we had at Sancho's was every bit as good. So, that was very comparable.

I don't know. I fully realize my experience at Sancho's may have been just because it wasn't what I've come to expect from Nachi. My wife and I will be back in Cozumel next month (without the kids for the first time in several years) and can't wait to be back at Nachi Cocom. I'm just really interested to hear from anyone that has been to both and has a different take.

When we cruise with daughters they out vote me and we wind up at Sanchos for the atmosphere and water toys.  Drinks, good and service are okay.  When it is just the wife and I we prefer Nach I for the uncrowded beach and better food and drinks. Last cruise with friends who did not want AI we went to Paradise Beach and had a great day - love that huge pool. It all depends upon what you want

We look at things from a slightly different perspective. I have never been to Sancho's so cannot compare the two directly BUT I have been to LOTS of other beach bars, clubs and resorts in Cozumel.

I am not one to return time after time after time to one particular place at any of the port stops. We like to mix it up - sometimes our choices are good, some not so good. The good ones we will repeat, the bad ones we stay away from on future visits. We enjoyed our day at Nachi, and may certainly return, but didn't think it was anything outstanding - quality, service or value for money -wise compared to other places we have been. However, I understand there are those people that have enjoyed it, are comfortable with it, and want to return to it time and time again, and that's fine.

I agree with John, our choice on the day will depend on who we are cruising with and the type of day we all want. On a cruise ship day we certainly don't do AI on a regular basis which is the main reason we wouldn't return repeatedly to Nachi. We are more likely to visit AI beach bars and resorts when we are staying on the island and providing our own food and drink. We wouldn't choose Sanchos or Paradise with young children, or when we travel alone because I think the loungers are too close together. I think those venues are more suited to groups with tweens, teens and young adults who are more able to utilize the facilities and are not looking for a quiet day.

We have been to Nachi Cocum a few times and to Mr Sanchos a few times as well. This is the differences I’ve experienced (yours may differ)

Nachi Cocum is quiet and more geared towards those who prefer a much less crowded beach or pool experience. The drinks were a lot better at Nachi and the swim up baron the pool was nice. The food is ordered in courses off the menu and nothing i ordered was overly impressive. Service was excellent. 

Mr Sanchos is lively and has a define fun vibe to it. It gets crowded pretty quick and we tend to get there early and grab loungers by the pool. The swim up bar is nice as is the pool. The drinks are the biggest disappointment here for me. Nothing ever seems to taste like what I’ve come to expect. For example a margarita which is one of my go to drinks on a beach doesn’t resemble anything I’ve ever had before. I’ve tried several different drinks and had some made but the mixers are what throws the flavors off in each drink. Not sure what they use but like I said it’s not anything I’ve tasted before. The drinks tend to be sweeter as well. The food is much better at Mr Sanchos with a wide variety to order from on the menu. Fresh hot and delivered right to you is a huge win. The coconut shrimp is excellent. 

Needless to say on our next cruise in October I’m looking into giving Paradise Beach another try as it’s been several years since we’ve been back. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, JohninDC said:

When we cruise with daughters they out vote me and we wind up at Sanchos for the atmosphere and water toys.  Drinks, good and service are okay.  When it is just the wife and I we prefer Nach I for the uncrowded beach and better food and drinks. Last cruise with friends who did not want AI we went to Paradise Beach and had a great day - love that huge pool. It all depends upon what you want

Glad DH and I picked Nachi for next year.   Sounds perfect for us 🙂