If this has already been discussed, please disregard.

During lunch with a Symphony officer, he advised a new "Perfect Day" location will be announced in a couple weeks. He would not elaborate.

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

If this has already been discussed, please disregard.

During lunch with a Symphony officer, he advised a new "Perfect Day" location will be announced in a couple weeks. He would not elaborate.

Captain Johnny on Harmony also hinted that an announcement was coming.  He wouldn't say more either.

38 minutes ago, janazaz said:

...What is the "perfect day" all about?

Don't call me cynical but, it's about keeping you and your extra spending money virtually "on the ship" for one more day of your cruise instead of taking you to a port where you'd spend your money with the locals.

Seems like that would be a limited amount of ROI if it was placed in Australia or Asia, since the amount of ships is limited. My guess (only a guess) that it might be that place in Freeport (Grand Lucayan Resort) or somewhere else in the Caribbean. The Freeport location was said that RCI would make it a "Destination centered around a water based theme park."

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm sure it drives Royal marketing folks as crazy as it does many of us when Captain's start leaking rumors...

Especially when they are not actually rumors...but instead "heads up" notifications...

7 hours ago, FloridaMac said:

Don't call me cynical but, it's about keeping you and your extra spending money virtually "on the ship" for one more day of your cruise instead of taking you to a port where you'd spend your money with the locals.

I wouldn't call you cynical. I really dislike these "private" stops. I much prefer a real port of call.

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's nice to explore a mix of special ports and private stops...they all bring their own memories and charm. Maybe that's why they have a wide range of itineraries offered in their cruise arsenal....hmmm....

And I bet more and more itineraries will include these private stops. RCI isn't spending all this money for nothing and the only way to get people there is to bring ship full if people.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I bet more and more itineraries will include these private stops. RCI isn't spending all this money for nothing and the only way to get people there is to bring ship full if people.

Maybe two or three ship fulls of people!😉

10 hours ago, FloridaMac said:

So a well planned and beautiful island where most activities are free, where drink packages are accepted, and food is free - and managed by the cruise line.  I'll take it!

No rude vendors or taxi drivers, no paying for a beach chair or worrying about getting mugged taking a wrong turn.  I'd say bring it on, let's have MORE private islands.

49 minutes ago, AlexMar said:

So a well planned and beautiful island where most activities are free, where drink packages are accepted, and food is free - and managed by the cruise line.  I'll take it!

No rude vendors or taxi drivers, no paying for a beach chair or worrying about getting mugged taking a wrong turn.  I'd say bring it on, let's have MORE private islands.

And they can't leave you behind!  🙂  Well until they start offering that lol, but I agree!

I love the private island stops. At ports we tend to spend alot of money going to all inclusive beaches. 

At labadee and coco cay you can spend as much as you want, or nothing at all. And with my drink package it is truly all inclusive

12 hours ago, FloridaMac said:

also because the only bahamas port that can hold the ship is Nassau and quite honestly...it sucks. 

45 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I love the private island stops. At ports we tend to spend alot of money going to all inclusive beaches. 

At labadee and coco cay you can spend as much as you want, or nothing at all. And with my drink package it is truly all inclusive

I can certainly understand how someone who is just looking for beach days would prefer the private stops. Hanging out at a beach is far from my idea of a good day.

I understand the beach is not for everyone ocean boy. Theres plenty if ships bypassing labadee and coco cay. 

Me i live on long island. So come summer most weekends will be spent at the beach. After selling our boat, we got a beach pass to drive our pick up out on to the beach. 

Maybe if they do announce the Grand Lucayan, I can get a 7 day cruise with three stops at private islands. (Labadee, Grand Lucayan, Coco Cay) OMG I would love that itinerary. 😃

I doubt they would ever do this, but if they did, I would book it a few times a year.