Transfer of free ships tours

roger b

I am travelling with another couple that have 8 free tours included in their package is it possible for them to transfer 4 of them over to me during the voyage so we can do 2 tours together ?

40 minutes ago, sitraveler said:

....Even 2 traveling together can’t shift 

Not true...

It is correct that, while the website says "Amenities are per cabin," O invoices show them evenly split per each individual in a double occupancy cabin.

However, the NEW Oceania "cart" software automatically assigns your available O Life excursions (or SBC) to the most expensive of the allowable tours without regard for an even split of the amenity between cabin mates. 

So, if you don't do all your Oceania tours together and one partner chooses the bulk of the allowable higher cost tours, it is possible that person "A" might end up with a larger share of the O Life related tours/SBC than person "B."

For example, we had 12 "O Life" excursions on an O cruise within the past 6 months where, based on the different cost of tours we did separately, one of us got 7 "free" tours while the other got 5 "free" tours.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:47 AM, roger b said:

I am travelling with another couple that have 8 free tours included in their package is it possible for them to transfer 4 of them over to me during the voyage so we can do 2 tours together ?

Are you sharing the cabin with them?

If not  it is probably not doable 

Do you not have the same  O Life offer?

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

No we do not have same o life offer and we are in separate cabins , I just thought it would make no difference  to O 

48 minutes ago, roger b said:

No we do not have same o life offer and we are in separate cabins , I just thought it would make no difference  to O 

I’m confused? They’re paying the OLife cruise price and you’re paying the cruise only fare. Just curious, why would they even want to give you any of them? Just to be clear, they are actually paying $100 per “free” excursion in their OLife cruise fare, so they aren’t really free. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m confused? They’re paying the OLife cruise price and you’re paying the cruise only fare. Just curious, why would they even want to give you any of them? Just to be clear, they are actually paying $100 per “free” excursion in their OLife cruise fare, so they aren’t really free. 

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sorry i did not make it clearer this is my free cruise so i have no amenities and my friends have O life ultimate offer.

Edited by roger b
more needed

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

What is the OLife Ultimate offer? Never heard of that one?

O Life ulitimate offer 

FREE Internet* 
FREE 8 Shore Excursions 
FREE House Beverage Package 
FREE US$800 Shipboard Credit 
plus FREE Gratuities 
Amenities are per stateroom

1 minute ago, roger b said:

O Life ulitimate offer 

FREE Internet* 
FREE 8 Shore Excursions 
plus FREE Gratuities 

1 minute ago, roger b said:

Can’t beat that deal!! 

10 hours ago, roger b said:

O Life ulitimate offer 

FREE Internet* 
FREE 8 Shore Excursions 
plus FREE Gratuities 

There is no situation where you get all three selections.... in a cabin with 2 people you only get one choice..if you are a single and paying double you can get two choices..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
forgot something

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

There is no situation where you get all three selections.... in a cabin with 2 people you only get one choice..if you are a single and paying double you can get two choices..

Jancruz1

Remember, the OP is in the UK...this was a promo and already asked and answered here:  (ultimate IS all three)  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2621200-olife-ultimate/

Edited by Cruseforme

34 minutes ago, Cruseforme said:

Remember, the OP is in the UK...this was a promo and already asked and answered here:  (ultimate IS all three)  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2621200-olife-ultimate/

Yes We in the U.K receive different offers to the U.S and on cruises that are unpopular Oceania has an  Ultimate offer which includes all the benefits  at present it applies to 30 cruises.

Special Offer

Enjoy our OLife Ultimate* inclusive package on this voyage, which includes all of the incredible amenities below: 

FREE Internet* 
FREE 8 Shore Excursions 
plus FREE Gratuities 

OLife Ultimate is valid on Categories B2 through PH1

8 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Maybe not now Jan, but in the past I’ve had all three. It was on Marina on a South American cruise from Valparaiso to Miami. It was great having all the perks. 

9 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So can you also get a cruise only fare in the UK? If so I wonder what discount you would get if you opt out of the Ultimate OLife package?

I don't think you can opt out of the package , but I did have one cruise with O that the benefits nearly overtook the cost of the cruise , this is why come November O will be cutting back on  the benefits !!

18 minutes ago, roger b said:

I don't think you can opt out of the package , but I did have one cruise with O that the benefits nearly overtook the cost of the cruise , this is why come November O will be cutting back on  the benefits !!

Makes sense. The value of those 3 free perks, not counting the now free internet, can be quite substantial, especially if you haven’t reached Silver status yet which, of course, also comes with free gratuities. 

Just now, roger b said:

this is why come November O will be cutting back on  the benefits !!

Unfortunately, that is true.

Because Oceania has so many loyal followers, too many people are reaching Gold, Plat and beyond and eliminating the spa benefits and lowering the OBC will save O big bucks.

Let’s hope they don’t eliminate or raise the threshold for “free” cruises.