Cruise Critic Community
kjbacon

Difference Navigator suites, Penthouse to Deluxe Veranda

The Penthouse, Concierge, and Veranda Suites look to be the same configuration on the Navigator with the difference being in the amenities. Is this correct? It also looks like all 3 suites have a bathtub/shower combo as opposed to a separate shower. Is that right? We are considering a journey on the Navigator so any input would be most welcome, thank you!

Concierge and Deluxe Balcony suites are the same size.  Window suites are the same size minus the balcony.  The Penthouse suites we have been in are double the size of window, balcony, concierge.  The bathrooms have all been the same.  We have been in two master suites and they have identical bathtubs and showers to us.  They do have an extra half bath and a second sink in the bathroom.  All suites, I believe, have a separate tub and shower.  Handicapped suites may be different.  We have not seen one.

Yes, no need for concierge of PH unless you want a butler, or be higher up.  On Navigator, they are the same size as standdard balcony suites.

But even the standard balcony suite has a separate shower stall, and a bath.  Very nice suites they are.

I would love to stay in Navigator suite but most are under pool which I won’t do. 

We made the mistake of staying under a public outdoor area once a few years ago, on another line, and will never make that mistake again!

Is Prime 7 the only specialty restaurant? When I look at the deck plans, I don’t see Chartreuse or Pacific Rim. I’m wondering if this ship is too small ....

Prime 7 is the only specialty restaurant.  You can special order in Compass Rose from the other specialty restaurants on the other ships.    

We booked a trip on the Navigator in a Concierge cabin on deck 8 only because I wanted to be midships. We've not been on the ship yet however I have read a lot about its tendency to vibrate so I wanted to avoid the stern and I wanted to avoid the bow as that's where a rough ride can happen so that rules out the veranda and ocean view cabins. I chose deck 8 so not to be under the pool deck. To be honest I was trying to avoid this ship altogether because of the poor reviews it gets however this itinerary was very good for us so, NYC to Miami, so here we are. I am sure the trip will be great!!

We will boarding Navigator for the 6th time in a few days.  It is definitely smaller than the other ships but it is so friendly.  We stay near the front elevators and have had no issues.

5 hours ago, hypercafe said:

We booked a trip on the Navigator in a Concierge cabin on deck 8 only because I wanted to be midships. We've not been on the ship yet however I have read a lot about its tendency to vibrate so I wanted to avoid the stern and I wanted to avoid the bow as that's where a rough ride can happen so that rules out the veranda and ocean view cabins. I chose deck 8 so not to be under the pool deck. To be honest I was trying to avoid this ship altogether because of the poor reviews it gets however this itinerary was very good for us so, NYC to Miami, so here we are. I am sure the trip will be great!!

Hello hypercafe, are you by any chance booked on the 11/4/2019 NYC to Miami? If so, please join us on the Roll call!

We did the 137 day 2018 world cruise on the Navigator. Our cabin was a balcony cabin on deck 6 nearer to the elevators. Loved, loved the cabin, it was a perfect size and so easy to get to most all the public areas, calmest part of the ship in rough seas and excellent value since all the lower end suites are the same size. They all have a separate tub and shower. 

The Navigator only has the Prime 7 specialty restaurant, but the CR severs various dishes from the other two specialty restaurants (ones on other ships) during the cruise and they happily make any dish that is a personal favorite with 24 hours notice. I regularly had the tempura and I also had a standing order for a large mixed greens and other fresh veggies salad very night. The ship has all the other casual dinning areas the other ships do. We never missed to other two specialty restaurants. 

It is a wonderful size ship and so friendly!! The vibration, most ship have a aft vibration did not happen often and is not a cause of concern unless you are sensitive to ship motion.  

Edited by cwn

7 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Is Prime 7 the only specialty restaurant? When I look at the deck plans, I don’t see Chartreuse or Pacific Rim. I’m wondering if this ship is too small ....

KJ - "Too small" to do "what", exactly?  For full disclosure, readers know that I (along with "Wendy" and many others) are "fans" of Navigator - but NOT to the exclusion of the other Regent ships!  I won't "talk down" any of the other (Regent) ships just to "talk up" this ship. We'd gladly sail them all (if I didn't run out of money, first)!  Yes, Navigator is smaller than the other Regent ships, but it also sails with at least 200 less passengers than the other ships do.  I would say (of course, my opinion only) that there's "plenty of room on board", considering the smaller number of passengers she's carrying.  Of course, on "bad weather days", more people will be inside in the public areas or in their staterooms - but that also holds true for the other ships, as well!  On the "nice days", there's lots of open deck areas to enjoy on Navigator.

"Hot Root" is correct that entree selections that are offered/served fleet-wide on the other larger ships are also offered (in Compass Rose or Prime 7) on Navigator.  And of course, there's also La Veranda/Sette Mari, and the recently introduced pool deck grill dining option for lunches and evenings, as well (weather permitting).

Hypercafe is right - "The trip will be great".  Navigator also seems to have some of the lowest per diem/per person fares, along with the largest standard accommodations of any of Regent's other ships.  The bathrooms are wonderful and very large, with separate shower stalls and tubs.  Hope you have a great time!  Best Regards from a "Navigator Fan".

(I "second" everything "CWN" just posted)  😉

Edited by pingpong1
additional info

46 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

Hello hypercafe, are you by any chance booked on the 11/4/2019 NYC to Miami? If so, please join us on the Roll call!

Thanks for the hospitality however no it's the 2020 because I have another trip for this, 2019, October.

10 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

KJ - "Too small" to do "what", exactly?  For full disclosure, readers know that I (along with "Wendy" and many others) are "fans" of Navigator - but NOT to the exclusion of the other Regent ships!  I won't "talk down" any of the other (Regent) ships just to "talk up" this ship. We'd gladly sail them all (if I didn't run out of money, first)!  Yes, Navigator is smaller than the other Regent ships, but it also sails with at least 200 less passengers than the other ships do.  I would say (of course, my opinion only) that there's "plenty of room on board", considering the smaller number of passengers she's carrying.  Of course, on "bad weather days", more people will be inside in the public areas or in their staterooms - but that also holds true for the other ships, as well!  On the "nice days", there's lots of open deck areas to enjoy on Navigator.

"Hot Root" is correct that entree selections that are offered/served fleet-wide on the other larger ships are also offered (in Compass Rose or Prime 7) on Navigator.  And of course, there's also La Veranda/Sette Mari, and the recently introduced pool deck grill dining option for lunches and evenings, as well (weather permitting).

Hypercafe is right - "The trip will be great".  Navigator also seems to have some of the lowest per diem/per person fares, along with the largest standard accommodations of any of Regent's other ships.  The bathrooms are wonderful and very large, with separate shower stalls and tubs.  Hope you have a great time!  Best Regards from a "Navigator Fan".

(I "second" everything "CWN" just posted)  😉

Thanks for all that info! The two times Ive cruised on Navigator (last time long time ago, 2005) we had a full cruise and it never seemed cramped anywhere. Nice to hear they also have Sette Mari and pool deck evening dining options.

7 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We made the mistake of staying under a public outdoor area once a few years ago, on another line, and will never make that mistake again!

In my opinion, the Navigator is definitely too small for additional specialty restaurants.  In order to make space for P7, they had to slice off about 1/3 of La Veranda (making it too crowded at times so they have to open the P7 side sometimes at lunch).

The ship is fine as long as the weather is good.  In inclement weather, it gets really crowded on the Navigator.  This is not a put down about the ship - the ship with the most space is Mariner and people are reporting (currently) that the weather has been so cold that even Mariner is crowded inside.

I have to agree with TC on this.  I really like Navigator, but it is not ideal in bad weather.  It does definitely begin to feel crowded.  Still very intimate even then, and fun, so not a horrible thing, but I kind of wonder why they have Navigator doing so many cold weather itineraries.  

Thank you all for these helpful responses. We are looking at similar itineraries on Explorer and Navigator for next summer to Iceland so the concern is about colder weather and/or rough seas. It seems the Explorer might be the better pick weather wise but the Navigator is such a great price! We are still in the undecided camp.

27 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

Thank you all for these helpful responses. We are looking at similar itineraries on Explorer and Navigator for next summer to Iceland so the concern is about colder weather and/or rough seas. It seems the Explorer might be the better pick weather wise but the Navigator is such a great price! We are still in the undecided camp.

I guess it would depend upon how much more expensive Explorer is.  Unless there was a signifiant price difference, we would pick Explorer 100% of the time - especially in colder weather and rough seas.