Scheduled departure times if ship continues on to other ports?

Mademypoint

We are booked on Ruby Princess next year from Sydney. We are getting off eight days later in Auckland where she will then continue her voyage north. 

Does anyone know what time you have to get off the ship? Are we allowed to do excursions booked through them, come back to the ship to get our things and then get off before she leaves port? It's looking like our best flight options back might be 7:30 that evening so if we don't have to tote our luggage around all day or get off the ship first thing that would be better. Of course I don't know what their process is for customs anyway so it could be possible we can't get off then get on the ship then get back off so thought I'd ask here to see what others might have done before.

Thanks in advance. 

You need to be planning to leaving in the AM with your stuff.   The whole goal is to get everyone and their stuff off the ship so they can board the next group of folks.  Even as a B2B person, I've had to formally exist the ship and reenter (but could leave stuff).   If you have an overnight the last night, I've known folks to leave early.   The usual option is to do a private or ship excursion with your luggage that ends at the airport.   

I've been on one cruise with an intermediate turnaround port (a TA which could end at either Dover or Copenhagen) and the latest of the three disembarkation group times at Dover was 8:30 AM. And when I was on my way back to the cabin after fetching a couple juices and coffees from the Lido an announcement was made that all disembarking passengers need to be off the ship forthwith. At 8:10 AM. Not saying it will work the same on a Princess Australian cruise but I don't think you can remotely expect to stay on the ship until 10:00 or 10:30 as on a full ship turnaround day at a US port.

If the eight night segment is being sold as its own cruise (as opposed to you being granted an exception to disembark early; not 100% clear from the opening post) it is very likely disembarkation tours will be sold that end with you and your luggage each dropped at the airport.

Agree, you will have to be off the ship with your belongings in the morning, probably early. You will be asked to leave your cabin by 8am. You cabin will have to be prepared for embarking passengers sailing from Auckland to L.A. You will most likely only be allowed to book a disembarkation excursion, if available, through Princess. With this excursion your luggage will be placed on the bus with you. After the excursion you will be dropped off at the airport.