Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
paper1122

Breeze 5-4-19 review

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to your thoughts on Cucina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too!  We have 5 nights reserved at the Steakhouse and two at Cucina, not sure if we like Cucina always can cancel the second and go to steakhouse.  

 

Can't wait to hear more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Me too!  We have 5 nights reserved at the Steakhouse and two at Cucina, not sure if we like Cucina always can cancel the second and go to steakhouse.  

 

Can't wait to hear more.

I am curious about this, is the dining room bad or are you just particularly fond of the steakhouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Bostwick Girl-  I been on so many cruises and people have mentioned how bad the smoke is, and I am also a non smoker and have asthma and really haven't been bothered much by smoke on any ship.

 

Smoking is very subjective and varies a lot from person to person. For example, when we were walking thru the casino on Horizon a few months ago I told my wife the smoke wasn’t that bad.  Her response was you are kidding right, it is terrible.  She is definitely way more sensitive to smoke than I am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kri1970 said:

I am curious about this, is the dining room bad or are you just particularly fond of the steakhouse?

 

We all liked the food in the MDR.  Thought it was as good if not better than some we've been on. Had 6pm dining, had a fabulous wait team, Sapphire dining room, deck 4. 

 

We went to the steak house house on Tuesday evening, it was very good as usual. The stuffed mushrooms were a meal in itself they were so big! Surf and turf was really good. None of us had dessert because we were so full, although I sure would have loved some cheesecake!

 

didnt get to the Italian restaurant, had planned on it but never made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went on the same cruise and if we had not been on 3 other Carnival cruises we would never go again. Checking in went really good. Our room was nice as it was on the Lido deck front right. The person that was cleaning the room never seemed to get it right. She asked when we wanted it cleaned. We said when we go to dinner (2nd seating). She would come in at all different hours. One time she didn't knock and we were laying on the bed naked. At the end we said don't bother. We ate in the dinning room most nights. We were with a large group and the food seemed to be hit or miss. It seemed at when we asked for shrimp cocktail you only got 4 shrimp. You would have to ask for two. I always ask for hot chocoholic when desert time comes. First night I didn't get it until everyone was done. Second night I didn't get it. Third night I had to ask a second time and it was ice cold when I got it.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

huntersail42 how come you don't use the interior safety lock for your door?

 

Yes, food is a hit and miss in the MDR the reason why we eat in the steakhouse every night.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Me too!  We have 5 nights reserved at the Steakhouse and two at Cucina, not sure if we like Cucina always can cancel the second and go to steakhouse.  

 

Can't wait to hear more.

I will definitely post my thoughts on Cucina, unfortunately it won't be tonight, ended up working too late. 

 

I'll say that I was impressed with the MDR good we had on this cruise. Carnival definitely beats Royal in the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't think we would need to use the inter lock. She was suppose to come at night when we were at dinner. In the eight cruises that we have done over the years we never saw the person cleaning the room. After that we always used the inter lock. They should of knocked before coming into the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, paper1122 said:

I will definitely post my thoughts on Cucina, unfortunately it won't be tonight, ended up working too late. 

 

I'll say that I was impressed with the MDR good we had on this cruise. Carnival definitely beats Royal in the MDR.

I only tried Cucina at lunch for the pasta bar, and we were not impressed, and the Caesar salad was way too fishy for my tastes. As for Carnival’s MDR food compared to Royal, I totally agree that Carnival’s food is way better. But we also found NCL food a step above Carnival, and their buffet is far beyond the best we have ever had. It makes Carnival ‘s buffet seem so paltry. And their buffet lines are what pretty much kept us away from the buffet. But, yes, definitely, Carnival’s MDR food is far superior to Royal. We were very disappointed with our Royal cruises. Their ships certainly have that WOW factor, but that’s where they stop. Carnival has way more fun than Royal and NCL. We returned to Carnival this year, sailing the Breeze in March, and promptly booked 3 more cruises with Carnival, one being a B2B on the Magic for our 50th Anniversary in April 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review, We are doing the Breeze the end of August with the same stops.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been years since I eaten in MDR on RC or Carnival, but how could you say Carnivals is better, for instance, you only can get a flat iron steak nightly where RC you can get a NY Strip much better quality of meat...I do recall in the past, Carnivals chilled soup were the best as so were the desserts.  The last time I eaten in Carnival we generally would get one or two pieces of vegetable on the plate and on RC a portion of veggies....I do believe Carnivals lobster was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Its been years since I eaten in MDR on RC or Carnival, but how could you say Carnivals is better, for instance, you only can get a flat iron steak nightly where RC you can get a NY Strip much better quality of meat...I do recall in the past, Carnivals chilled soup were the best as so were the desserts.  The last time I eaten in Carnival we generally would get one or two pieces of vegetable on the plate and on RC a portion of veggies....I do believe Carnivals lobster was better.

ummmm...because food is subjective, and so you can't say one person's opinion is invalid just because you don't agree...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deedle7544- True, , I find Guys Burgers to be the most disgusting, fatty, greasy burger ever!  (could not eat any of it)  The French fries, overcooked and full of oil and burnt.  Yep, food is subjective for sure!

 

Paper, can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 6:00 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes, food is a hit and miss in the MDR the reason why we eat in the steakhouse every night.

 

 

 

If I had your money, I'd burn mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean_B said:

 

If I had your money, I'd burn mine.

It kind of defeats the purpose of paying for a cruise that includes food and then spending every night in the for fee steakhouse. In all the years I’ve been sailing, the food that I paid for with my fare has been good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grandmarnnurse said:

It kind of defeats the purpose of paying for a cruise that includes food and then spending every night in the for fee steakhouse. In all the years I’ve been sailing, the food that I paid for with my fare has been good enough. 

 

I'm with you 100%. It's nice to do one night in a specialty if you're celebrating a special event or time of your life, but to eat in the steak house every night; that's an extra $250/person on your cruise TCO. My wife and I individually are at the top end of the middle-income bracket and I wouldn't even consider doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 9:05 PM, Bostwick girl said:

I have to disagree with paper1112 as to the smokiness of the casino. DH and I are non-smokers for many many years and he is a lot more sensitive to the smoke than I am. The casino was not particularly smoky to either of us any time we were in there. First thing in the morning is the best time to go and early evenings. We would go after dinner every night, and didn't notice it being too bad at all, maybe it was later on in the evening. We were usually gone by 9. Never smelled it at the Alchemy Bar area in the Ocean Plaza at all. Matter of fact, I mentioned to him a time or two the smoke not being as bad as it has been on a lot of the ships we've been on. 

 

 

Funny thing, opinions- everybody's got one!!! LOL!

 

Personally I agree with paper1112- of all the cruises I've been on, we found the casino on the Breeze to be the smokiest. We only gambled in there long enough to cash out our remaining cruise cash on the last night. Every time we had to cut through the casino (only choice you have unless you change floors) I practically sprinted through it. And I'm not prone to sprinting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it, when I go on vacation I do it right.  I also pay for the cruise, sure the food is included, but we prefer to have a better experience for dinner which includes better quality and selection of food.

 

For years we been dining nightly at the steakhouse on our Carnival cruise with the exception of the Elation.  We were on her this past February, she does not have a steakhouse and we ate dinner in the MDR and it was not memorable at all.  We were rushed, our service was hit or miss, the quality of the meat well I won't even go there.   Sadly, we pretty much wasted food.  I do like the my time dining though, that was a great thing that cruise lines ruled out.  I also love Carnival sea days brunch!

 

To pay $38 a person for a full course meal is cheap!!  I been to many places that the main course alone is well above that price!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sean_B said:

 

I'm with you 100%. It's nice to do one night in a specialty if you're celebrating a special event or time of your life, but to eat in the steak house every night; that's an extra $250/person on your cruise TCO. My wife and I individually are at the top end of the middle-income bracket and I wouldn't even consider doing this.

I will confess that my hubby sprung for us to eat in the Brazilian Steakhouse on the NCL Getaway back in 2017 for my birthday, but he is not prone to EVER spend anything extra—LOL— so that was a fluke. We just sailed the Breeze for our 49th Anniversary and had a lovely dinner in the MDR, where they brought us a little cake, and for April 2020, we have the Magic booked for our 50th Anniversary, and I highly doubt he’ll spring for an additional $38pp to eat somewhere. That is more than we paid on the Getaway. I just let Carnival know what night we want to celebrate it in the MDR. We splurged for a B2B for that special occasion, but on a retirement budget, it is in an inside cabin. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We always get balconies, unfortunately next weeks cruise,  we had no choice but for a cove balcony (really don't want to be that low on a ship) because we booked just three weeks ago, but to be honest, a balcony is a waste of money especially for us, I don't think we even get a full hour of use of it in a weeks cruise time, but I like the light and like to see out and in case of an emergency such as no power at least we can open the door for air lol....but no need to waste money on a cabin higher than an inside because your only in there to sleep, dress and shower.  Enjoy the inside cabin, your still on the cruise that is what matters.

 

Edited by Cruisegirl6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We always get balconies, unfortunately next weeks cruise,  we had no choice but for a cove balcony (really don't want to be that low on a ship) because we booked just three weeks ago, but to be honest, a balcony is a waste of money especially for us, I don't think we even get a full hour of use of it in a weeks cruise time, but I like the light and like to see out and in case of an emergency such as no power at least we can open the door for air lol....but no need to waste money on a cabin higher than an inside because your only in there to sleep, dress and shower.  Enjoy the inside cabin, your still on the cruise that is what matters.

 

Precisely! I am so blessed that I have three cruises booked, as I’m also on the Glory in February. I would far rather have multiple cruises booked, than one in an expensive cabin with specialty restaurants booked. Nope! Give me multiple cruises any day! 😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

To pay $38 a person for a full course meal is cheap!!  I been to many places that the main course alone is well above that price!

 

 

 

 

 

Don't kid yourself, you've paid a lot more than $38.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...