Jump to content

no sauna's on Navigator anymore


Recommended Posts

Just from the Navigator of the Seas.

They removed the sauna's, there is only a steamroom in the spa that you can only use if you book a spa treatment.

Is this a new trend, removing the sauna's (and fitness center for more cabins)?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many complains from "straight" men being bothered by the behavior of a certain "preference " group of men that gathered in the saunas?

A problem that RCCL thought to be solved by asking a use fee for saunas on certain ships. Maybe this did not work at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

Just from the Navigator of the Seas.

They removed the sauna's, there is only a steamroom in the spa that you can only use if you book a spa treatment.

Is this a new trend, removing the sauna's (and fitness center for more cabins)?

 

 

Yes, I believe we will see this as other ships get "amped".

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

Too many complains from "straight" men being bothered by the behavior of a certain "preference " group of men that gathered in the saunas?

A problem that RCCL thought to be solved by asking a use fee for saunas on certain ships. Maybe this did not work at all?

 

I have witnessed this first hand (pardon the punn) And most of this behaviour is by so called straight married men.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I believe they change it not because of straight men but to be able to squeeze in more cabins.

I think that's more like it, plus the fact that most of the steam rooms never worked properly after a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

Just from the Navigator of the Seas.

They removed the sauna's, there is only a steamroom in the spa that you can only use if you book a spa treatment.

Is this a new trend, removing the sauna's (and fitness center for more cabins)?

 

I had heard there was an issue with the ceiling height of the fitness center on Navigator. I was told when I booked that they were going to fix this. Are you saying that they have now removed the fitness center?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

I had heard there was an issue with the ceiling height of the fitness center on Navigator. I was told when I booked that they were going to fix this. Are you saying that they have now removed the fitness center?

 

Fitness Center is still there.(At the end of the hall)  Yes, the ceiling height is an issue. If you are tall, pick your machine wisely.  With the navigator now the Party Ship (3 and 4 nighters), many passengers will be too hungover to exercise in the fitness center way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off Navigator and can confirm there is still a fitness centre. It's been moved to a new location and contrains completely new equipment and lockers. We actually quite liked it, though it was very busy in the mornings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

 

Fitness Center is still there.(At the end of the hall)  Yes, the ceiling height is an issue. If you are tall, pick your machine wisely.  With the navigator now the Party Ship (3 and 4 nighters), many passengers will be too hungover to exercise in the fitness center way. 

The steam  room was my hangover cure.

So have they removed steam/sauna rooms off any other ships ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, niko40 said:

The steam  room was my hangover cure.

So have they removed steam/sauna rooms off any other ships ?

 

Not yet, but it's probably coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, Mark_UK said:

I just got off Navigator and can confirm there is still a fitness centre. It's been moved to a new location and contrains completely new equipment and lockers. We actually quite liked it, though it was very busy in the mornings. 

 

Are there actual men's and women's locker rooms with showers and toilets?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just took a cruise on another line which turned out to be a pretty bad experience. About the only thing to recommend it was the Thermal spa. The whole area is co-ed, so no funny business going on. They have dry, wet, salt saunas and a salt water hot tub that cures a variety of ills. Really nice (but not worth changing brands over).

I've been on ships where they have a dry sauna separately in the mens and womens dressing rooms (I think on our Serenade cruise) , so I'm guessing this is where the sex stuff happens.  

I started using the spas on ships about 5 cruises ago and have become addicted. I really hope this is something they don't discontinue, although I'm guessing the spa doesn't generate much additional revenue and the 'bean counters' always seem to win out when these decisions are made. They'd close the spa and turn it into a casino if it gives them a penny more income.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

epic resurrection 

Since the CC search typically only goes back a year, older resurrections like this are rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2cruiseluvrs said:

Starting in 2022, Navigator will be sailing out of Los Angeles. But without a Thermal Suite, I won't be on it!


Um ok. Thanks for letting us know...... 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...