Cruise Critic Community
Fogfog

AFT 11- The M class 5 cabins NOISE etc

• Our problem is that we really like Aqua, and Blu, and afts...we spent many cruises in CC afts on Decks 7 and 8, but once we decided we liked AQ the first couple were fine, the movies had not yet started.

And I think you are on to something that there is no one watching the movies...2 theories...it's so loud they can't stand it, or not many know about them so by BLASTING them they will get someone to say "gee, what's that?  Oh...movies...let's go watch".

Several years ago Celebrity started BLASTiNG music all over the ship, ostensibly to attract a younger crowd, and after a while that died down.  But it seems it is back.

For YEARS they were the cruise line of the older, more sedate crowd...now they think they have to grab the younger ones  NOW...well guess what, it's still mostly us oldies and we're going to be here until we're not, so why not still cater to US and WAIT until we're gone before trying to attract the young uns.

2 hours ago, Tomato53 said:

Does anyone have specific feedback on Infinity 1104?  I booked cabin that knowing of the possible sound from above but thought that since this cabin is more forward (ahead of the viewing area on deck 12) that it would avoid the noise issues.

We were in Infinity 1106 a couple of months ago and didn't have any noise from above.

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We were in Infinity 1106 a couple of months ago and didn't have any noise from above.

Thanks vt

We have 1140 on Infinity booked for a future cruise. I'm not *as* concerned (at least I say that now) with day-time noise - although not being able to have a conversation is not acceptable. Did the noise continue into the evening - like after 9pm?

3 minutes ago, killsport said:

We have 1140 on Infinity booked for a future cruise. I'm not *as* concerned (at least I say that now) with day-time noise - although not being able to have a conversation is not acceptable. Did the noise continue into the evening - like after 9pm?

Last showing of a movie runs until from about 8 to 10pm+

Very few people in bar below at 9pm+ so at that time so easy to pick up a nightcap or bottled water before bed from that back bar

Re daytime--If you think you can sit on your balcony and have a conversation while the soundtrack and beach waves video is playing--or-- the soundtrack of a movie (Jurassic Park for example) and a singer is performing at 1/3/5 daily --think again. 

The views are great.