Looking for enhanced flavored waters on Escape ....

Shellmac

Good morning!  Since we are unable to bring our own waters onboard with us on the Escape (bummer) and I already know that Vitamin Zero Water (a Coke product) is not available, can anyone tell me what type of lo-cal flavored waters might be available for purchase?  I need potassium enriched, possibly Propel or something along those lines?   Any ideas would be appreciated!!  Thanks! 

Propel does sell packets that you can add to your water that contain potassium -- and quite a bit of sodium.  We might try bringing some of those on board too, as my husband drinks a lot of propel at home.

19 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

They are heavily sweetened and they are terrible. 

Well, I find propel to be heavily sweetened and terrible. I like my water plain (and lots of it), the rest all taste the same to me (bad).

1 hour ago, ebay33 said:

I love them.  One of my favorite things on NCL.  

Well, OK.  I guess a lot of people drink them or they wouldn't put them out.  I suppose there are people who like and dislike just about every food and drink item NCL offers.  I will tolerate the Iced tea out of the dispensers, but that's about it.  I will usually get a diet Pepsi from the buffet bar.

6 hours ago, Shellmac said:

Good morning!  Since we are unable to bring our own waters onboard with us on the Escape (bummer) and I already know that Vitamin Zero Water (a Coke product) is not available, can anyone tell me what type of lo-cal flavored waters might be available for purchase?  I need potassium enriched, possibly Propel or something along those lines?   Any ideas would be appreciated!!  Thanks! 

Propel does sell the "drop ins" (powder), or there are some others that are a liquid drop.  Check your local supermarket with the ice tea/coffee/juice aisles 🙂

4 hours ago, ute_fan said:

Propel does sell packets that you can add to your water that contain potassium -- and quite a bit of sodium.  We might try bringing some of those on board too, as my husband drinks a lot of propel at home.

There is plenty of sodium in the ship's water and the food.

20 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There is plenty of sodium in the ship's water and the food.

Thank you but it’s not the sodium I am looking for.  I have been running low in potassium and even though I’m taking supplements, I had found a particular Vitamin Zero Water that has potassium in it.  My dr has been testing me monthly. 

21 hours ago, Shellmac said:

Thank you but it’s not the sodium I am looking for.  I have been running low in potassium and even though I’m taking supplements, I had found a particular Vitamin Zero Water that has potassium in it.  My dr has been testing me monthly. 

A coworker of mine has issues with low potassium. He started using this and it helped him raise it back to normal levels

https://www.amazon.com/Zipfizz-Healthy-Energy-Drink-Variety/dp/B007TW2G8Q/ref=asc_df_B007TW2G8Q/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312126075097&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12580975159677984936&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007291&hvtargid=pla-571116022475&psc=1

When I keep seeing this topic, I answer in my mind with “wine is an enhanced flavored water” but alas, that’s not what you’re going for...

have you tried the mio squeeze bottles?

Edited by AtlantaAlly

2 hours ago, scuba vaca said:

I saw on a menu somewhere  'sobe life water" it does contain potassium. I have also seen at stores. You could check it out before the trip. It's not cheap on the ship. Also don't know if they still have it.

I was finally able to contact NCL and get permission to bring the water on board with me.  Thank you for finding out that Sobe is sold on ship at least.  I am now good to go!!!  Appreciate everyone’s help and input. 

27 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

When I keep seeing this topic, I answer in my mind with “wine is an enhanced flavored water” but alas, that’s not what you’re going for...

have you tried the mio squeeze bottles?

That’s so funny, but I’m such a lightweight I wouldn’t remember much of the trip!! Lol! 

I finally reached out to NCL and received permission to bring my water onboard.  Thank you for the laugh! 

On 5/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, FLAHAM said:

They are heavily sweetened and they are terrible. 

Try mixing Unsweeten IceTea (2/3) with either lemonade or those flavored water (1/3) and it taste actually pretty good.