Anthem. Wristband key cards?

They are called Wow bands and are optional.  You can purchase them once on board $4.95, suite guests should have them included.

They are nice for getting into your cabin, but had to take it off to make purchases 😞

Edited by tOSUSteve

5 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

They are called Wow bands and are optional.  You can purchase them once on board $4.95, suite guests should have them included.

They are nice for getting into your cabin, but had to take it off to make purchases 😞

This, I heard many people grumbling about having to keep taking them off. I also heard a few grumbling that they broke and they had to get a new one from guest services. I'll stay with the cabin card.

• Like 1

If you end up with one from a prior cruise you can take it with you and have it programmed for your current cruise free of charge.  Doesn't make it any less obnoxious to use, but at least they're nice enough to offer the option.

My wife and I used them last year while on the Anthem. They worked PERFECT. We didn't experience any of the problems listed. You just cannot use them to off and on the ship. We love them and plan to continue using them

Recently watched a promotional video on the Medallion Class on Princess, similar RFID technology as the wow bands. If the video is to be believed they (Princess) allow leaving and returning to the ship with the “Medallion” as well as a GPS type locator function that allows one to locate their travel partners on board; also an option to order food and drinks and have delivered to you wherever you happen to be at the time. 

All this said for the purpose of wondering, “will RCI expand the WOW band applications?”

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

All this said for the purpose of wondering, “will RCI expand the WOW band applications?”

They could use it to get on/off ship in ports now, but the problem is that some port authorities need something more than that in their security zone - it's not all controlled by RCI.