Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sunkissed Mommy

Is the buffet different in the Med?

I know this probably sounds like a silly question, but does the buffet on the Epic serve different things when it's doing the Med cruises vs when it's sailing the Caribbean?

I am just curious since we will probably eat a number of meals there instead of the dining room on the days we have busy port activities.  Does it skew more toward European interests?  I am 100% okay with that since we tend to like variety.

We last sailed on the Epic in 2012 and we really enjoyed the options they had then.  I know it will be different simply because its 7 years later, lol

• Been on the Epic 10 times, to include a Med and transatlantic cruise.  The buffet menu has never changed for any itinerary.  Gets boring, but I always manage to find something to keep me happy.

I found the buffet to be much nicer. The fruits and vegetables were much fresher and I noticed a little more variety in the fresh fruit. For example the tomatoes were more like the ones we found in restaurants in Italy.

4 hours ago, orangeglitter said:

I found the buffet to be much nicer. The fruits and vegetables were much fresher and I noticed a little more variety in the fresh fruit. For example the tomatoes were more like the ones we found in restaurants in Italy.

Thats nice to hear.  I am always disappointed with fruit on cruises, it never seems fresh, and is often over ripe.

I'd say they are more alike than different.  Usually just some subtle differences.

they do tend to have food  themed nights and if an "exotic" port the chef may do his interpretation of a local dish eg Moussaka if in a Greek port