Adults Only Beach on CocoCay?

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

I would love an adults only area on the island. Even better, adults only, all inclusive drinks, snorkeling gear, floating mats, etc. I am thinking private beach club. 

Book Virgin voyages. 

• Like 3

It's not hard to imagine there would be one at some point. There is an adults only Solarium on most of the ships, and the RCI is family friendly. the still have a large portion of the island that can be developed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

It's not hard to imagine there would be one at some point. There is an adults only Solarium on most of the ships, and the RCI is family friendly. the still have a large portion of the island that can be developed.

When I started sailing Royal was no kids program or even one single kid first couple sailings. And I could Skeet Shoot off back the ship...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Hope so. The only problem is this might be too popular!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Actually...there's not much unused space left once you consider the staff quarters and service building facilities that occupy most of the island outside of the recently-developed public Coco Cay areas.

10 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Actually...there's not much unused space left once you consider the staff quarters and service building facilities that occupy most of the island outside of the recently-developed public Coco Cay areas.

I'm pretty sure it was an RCI conference call where Bayley stated that only 1/3 of the island was developed, leaving the rest for future plans. 

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

I'm pretty sure it was an RCI conference call where Bayley stated that only 1/3 of the island was developed, leaving the rest for future plans. 

I believe he said 1/3 was not yet developed...and that area contains staff quarters and island service/maintenance facilities, as well as a little bit of undeveloped space.  Some staff had posted about that area in a thread...don't recall which one. Sorry.

http://www.seatrade-cruise. com/news/news-headlines/perfect-day-at-cococay-fuels-demand-could-in-future-have-12-000-visitors-day.html

It's 1/3 developed. Also there is recent drone footage, showing the undeveloped area. The photo here does not even show what is behind the camera, and you can see how much space they still have. The area forward to the left, there is holding areas for construction pieces that have since been put in place. Current Coco Cay, including maintenance and staff buildings end... at the other end of the little "lagoon" on the left of the picture, more than half way up the photo.

1259906551_ScreenShot2019-05-14at7_53_25AM.png.00757850dec41938ee6392141b3fd1da.png

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

http://www.seatrade-cruise. com/news/news-headlines/perfect-day-at-cococay-fuels-demand-could-in-future-have-12-000-visitors-day.html

It's 1/3 developed. Also there is recent drone footage, showing the undeveloped area. The photo here does not even show what is behind the camera, and you can see how much space they still have. The area forward to the left, there is holding areas for construction pieces that have since been put in place. Current Coco Cay, including maintenance and staff buildings end... at the other end of the little "lagoon" on the left of the picture, more than half way up the photo.

1259906551_ScreenShot2019-05-14at7_53_25AM.png.00757850dec41938ee6392141b3fd1da.png

That's clearly not a recent  photo shot...it doesn't show most of the Coco Cay public Thrill Waterpark contents, nor all of the staff & service facilities that were also under construction. Note all the cranes and other construction equipment in the photo.  Also, the land in the foreground of that picture (which is above the other end of the island) doesn't show the finished staff housing, and even shows work tractor trailers used during the construction process.  The angle of the photo also distorts the scale of the land area...with the closest part appearing larger than it is in contrast to the developing area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I would love an adults only area on the island. Even better, adults only, all inclusive drinks, snorkeling gear, floating mats, etc. I am thinking private beach club. 

I second that 🙂

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Book Virgin voyages. 

and if you are not into tattoo parlor and drag queen brunch show?! I too wished that would be an adult only designated area at Coco Cay. 

6 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

That's clearly not a recent  photo shot...it doesn't show most of the Coco Cay public Thrill Waterpark contents, nor all of the staff & service facilities that were also under construction. Note all the cranes and other construction equipment in the photo.  Also, the land in the foreground of that picture (which is above the other end of the island) doesn't show the finished staff housing, and even shows work tractor trailers used during the construction process.  The angle of the photo also distorts the scale of the land area...with the closest part appearing larger than it is in contrast to the developing area.

It is a video during construction, recent being relative its about 6 months ago. All of the housing areas are there, I tried to explain in my last comment, but you chose to ignore that. If you want to see the video the link is below. I am sorry though, you have to be clever enough to look at a map and compare the photo. The area for the staff housing is in the picture I posted before, but it is at such a distance, I didn't think I needed to explain that you cannot make it out. However, in the video link below... if flies right by all of it. Also, to make it easy, I have a second pic... where everything above the black line is existing Coco Cay, INCLUDING staff areas, and every thing below and to the right is undeveloped. (with the exception of south beach and the floating bar) I am not sure why you are so adamant that Bayley is lying about it... but he really isn't.  This is the end of this conversation for me. If you have any further doubt, just email mbayley@royalcaribbean.com with your questions.

1333533569_ScreenShot2019-05-14at2_36_39PM.png.7f7650ecc1a5312b92ded78f2c27555b.png

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

It is a video during construction, recent being relative its about 6 months ago. All of the housing areas are there, I tried to explain in my last comment, but you chose to ignore that. If you want to see the video the link is below. I am sorry though, you have to be clever enough to look at a map and compare the photo. The area for the staff housing is in the picture I posted before, but it is at such a distance, I didn't think I needed to explain that you cannot make it out. However, in the video link below... if flies right by all of it. Also, to make it easy, I have a second pic... where everything above the black line is existing Coco Cay, INCLUDING staff areas, and every thing below and to the right is undeveloped. (with the exception of south beach and the floating bar) I am not sure why you are so adamant that Bayley is lying about it... but he really isn't.  This is the end of this conversation for me. If you have any further doubt, just email mbayley@royalcaribbean.com with your questions.

1333533569_ScreenShot2019-05-14at2_36_39PM.png.7f7650ecc1a5312b92ded78f2c27555b.png

Thanks for posting that 2nd photo. Even that one is aged..and does NOT show all the added construction that came after the photo was taken (including an expanded staff/services facilities left of the Waterpark under construction black line in that picture).

That photo is appreciated...as it clearly shows about 60% of the usable space was already taken up at that time, with a bit more still being added/used since. As stated previously...that would mean about 1/3 remains for other purposes in the future. Mr. Bayley said 1/3 in the first place. So as you pointed out...case closed.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Be happy, I predict fewer kids of all ages on the beaches now that there is a pool, harbor beach, free play area and a waterpark.  You should be able to escape the kiddos easily, just walk further than they do.  I bet most families don't want to go all the way to the floating bar area.

I'd expect the most cabanas with kids to be at Thrill Park and Oasis Pool so could book Chill Island cabana and I bet few kids.

image.png.36fe0e276358f22bd900ee608810b654.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I believe he said 1/3 was not yet developed...and that area contains staff quarters and island service/maintenance facilities, as well as a little bit of undeveloped space.  Some staff had posted about that area in a thread...don't recall which one. Sorry.

Here’s what he said, perhaps he misspoke but he did state 1/3 not yet developed.

“The company has been looking at the potential for three-ship calls, Bayley said, which could take the numbers up to 12,000 people a day.

It's a 'pretty large island' and only one-third is developed, he added.”

http://www.seatrade-*****/news/news-headlines/perfect-day-at-cococay-fuels-demand-could-in-future-have-12-000-visitors-day.html

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Be happy, I predict fewer kids of all ages on the beaches now that there is a pool, harbor beach, free play area and a waterpark.  You should be able to escape the kiddos easily, just walk further than they do.  I bet most families don't want to go all the way to the floating bar area.

I'd expect the most cabanas with kids to be at Thrill Park and Oasis Pool so could book Chill Island cabana and I bet few kids.

image.png.36fe0e276358f22bd900ee608810b654.png

Agreed but it would be nice to have an adults only beach area. Maybe they could put the day beds there. I can’t find them for either of my upcoming Perfect Day cruises.,

I would LOVE anywhere --adults only--child free, be able to dress or undress freely without having to remain "modest", speak freely without having to watch out for any "F" bombs that may escape (I really don"t use that word), drink alcohol freely (but not drink myself silly).  However, business' don't want to "offend" any guest, so they will opt to please the majority.  But also remember that any activity that may be "adult" oriented...some parents insist that their little snowflakes are always welcome.

• Like 3