Philippine Cover Bands

Anyone else miss the phillipine cover bands that Carnival use to have? My second cruise, Music Degree was the band on the ship. Those guys could cover and replicate ANYTHING requested. These guys seem to be a thing of the past now, unless I just got lucky the first few cruises that they happened to be on. 

11 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

Anyone else miss the phillipine cover bands that Carnival use to have? My second cruise, Music Degree was the band on the ship. Those guys could cover and replicate ANYTHING requested. These guys seem to be a thing of the past now, unless I just got lucky the first few cruises that they happened to be on. 

I haven’t seen any on Carnival the last few years. We sailed the new Norwegian Bliss in April and their main cover band is Philipino and they are called Siglo. They can rock anything and we’re great especially the lead guitarist. They were a great part of our cruise enjoyment. Journey, Guns & Roses, Ozzy ..... all of it . 

I agree. These guys could rock out on a guitar like that was no tomorrow the guitar's! They could sing and cover anything and sound just like them! Some of the recent bands that I have saw have been horrible, and haven't been able to compare at all. 

There is an excellent duo, from the Philippines, on Imagination. Carol and Perlie are Take Two, and are amazing! Unbelievable voices. Wish they were back our way. Anyone know if they’re still there? They were on Fantasy for quite a while, but now the music there is dreadful.😩

• Like 1

I think the music...bands,  duos, solos, violin trios, etc. has significantly improved on Carnival over the last few years.  Depending on the ship, we have spent a lot of time in the lobby, ocean plaza, Red Frog Pub and other area listening to music on the majority of cruises we have been on recently.